User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 149

  1. #91
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    no offense chiharu i like you but i'm ENFP and i definitely found the question offensive and inappropriate. just to be clear it's not a type thing :/

    there's nothing wrong with the idea behind the question but the wording is very rude and misconstrues intent, imo.
    What's the trip over "wording" lately on TypoC? Bottom line, the question's the same. You can call it poop, feces or caca - but it ultimately means shit.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  2. #92
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    What's the trip over "wording" lately on TypoC? Bottom line, the question's the same. You can call it poop, feces or caca - but it ultimately means shit.
    How you say.....it's not what you say but how you say it?

    Yeah you can look at it in the bigger sense - a more universal application- but consider the sender.

  3. #93
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    It doesn't suck in real life. It only sucks on this forum.

  4. #94
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    I'm late to the party, but I'll join the fray. If you can't tell right away why this is an incredibly asinine question, well, you need to hit the psychology books a little harder.

    It would only suck relative to your own perspective, Elfboy. That's because your perspective is that of an intuitive. Furthermore, you generally have only negative experiences with Si. If you were an xxSJ, your experience of the world would be radically shifted. You would probably ask if being an xxNP sucks, what, with not being able to keep your shit together and all.

    There literally is no way to qualitatively compare the experiences of two people with their perceiving functions as the determining factor. It's as absurd as saying "it must suck being a native Japanese person, because I don't speak Japanese."

  5. #95
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    What's the trip over "wording" lately on TypoC? Bottom line, the question's the same. You can call it poop, feces or caca - but it ultimately means shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411
    it's not what you say but how you say it?
    yep. OP himself pointed out the trip:

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy
    I used acontroversial thread title because I thought it would get more views, but it ended up just being confusing and obscuring the main point of the thread
    bottom line is language is more than denotation.

    and it frustrates me when things i don't relate to at all get attributed to my type. i want to prevent misperceptions.

  6. #96
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    And the voice of reason has arrived.

    I thought it was stupid/offensive because it was just one of a million similar started threads by the same OP. Maybe more introspection and less naval gazing. Or more bunnies. Or glitter. Or galaxies.

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I'm late to the party, but I'll join the fray. If you can't tell right away why this is an incredibly asinine question, well, you need to hit the psychology books a little harder.

    It would only suck relative to your own perspective, Elfboy. That's because your perspective is that of an intuitive. Furthermore, you generally have only negative experiences with Si. If you were an xxSJ, your experience of the world would be radically shifted. You would probably ask if being an xxNP sucks, what, with not being able to keep your shit together and all.

    There literally is no way to qualitatively compare the experiences of two people with their perceiving functions as the determining factor. It's as absurd as saying "it must suck being a native Japanese person, because I don't speak Japanese."

  7. #97
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    What's the trip over "wording" lately on TypoC? Bottom line, the question's the same. You can call it poop, feces or caca - but it ultimately means shit.
    Define "wording".
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  8. #98
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Define "wording".
    www.dictionary.com
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    istj
    Posts
    15

    Default

    guys chill how about i restate the question non offensively:

    what is it like to be an sj/can you imagine being an sp or np?

    i couldnt imagine being an sj but that is only really because i am not one. i like sjs a lot but i bet most of em cannot stand me because i am p messy and care free

  10. #100
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    guys chill how about i restate the question non offensively:

    what is it like to be an sj/can you imagine being an sp or np?

    i couldnt imagine being an sj but that is only really because i am not one. i like sjs a lot but i bet most of em cannot stand me because i am p messy and care free
    It is impossible to imagine what it would be like to have a different dom/aux perceiving function. That's sort of the whole point.

Similar Threads

  1. Does it suck not being me?
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 04:04 PM
  2. [SJ] If you had to be an SJ, which type would you be and why?
    By Moiety in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 08:59 PM
  3. [INFJ] To Other Types: How does it feel when an INFJ gives you the (super) cold shoulder?
    By fill in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 06:23 AM
  4. [NF] NFs (or anyone who wants to answer, it will be an advice party, wee champagne!)
    By prplchknz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 02:28 PM
  5. [SJ] Being an SJ teen
    By Ezra in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO