• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] My ENFP Friend

Dizzy

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I just find out that my best friend is an ENFP, found it because somewhere in the ISTJ description it said that ENFP's are their natural friends.

It is quite funny because this guy is in many ways exactly the opposite of me:
* Is always late (without notifying in advance)
* Life is one big party to him (instead of mine, where I need to earn my party time by working hard / study alot)
* He is a natural entertainer, gets along with everyone, makes new friends easy. (While I am more reserved and am very selective with new friends)
* He has quitted already three studies (while I finish everything I start)

Any other ISTJ got the same thing? I think the main thing is that we complement each other, and he is the perfect mate to release the pressure. Thing is when we go out we only have eye for each other and make fun together. Funny, because some friends told me this last time, that they felt left out, while I didn't even realize it.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I just find out that my best friend is an ENFP, found it because somewhere in the ISTJ description it said that ENFP's are their natural friends.

* Life is one big party to him (instead of mine, where I need to earn my party time by working hard / study alot)
* He is a natural entertainer, gets along with everyone, makes new friends easy. (While I am more reserved and am very selective with new friends)

Any other ISTJ got the same thing? I think the main thing is that we complement each other, and he is the perfect mate to release the pressure. Thing is when we go out we only have eye for each other and make fun together. Funny, because some friends told me this last time, that they felt left out, while I didn't even realize it.

Yeah, there must be a correlation between the two types. My best friend (Hexis) and my brother are both ENFP. I get along amazingly well with both of them. There is a kind of humor that only we can have, I cannot exactly describe it to you. When I'm around them anything and everything can be funny, and normally is so. It makes little sense in my mind that the two types would do so well with each other. Normally anything that I have a strong opinion one way, I can count on them having the exact opposite opinion. (This, of course, varies upon subject matter)

If you could find where it says that ISTJs and ENFPs are natural friends that'd be great.

--Dewey

Dizzy

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hi thanks for the reaction, here are the quotes:
Mates of ISTJ

Here is the paragon of insurance, preparation, and consolidation-a person with a strong desire to be trusted. Small wonder that he looks upon accounting, banking, and securities with a benevolent eye. Try to imagine him married to one of his own kind: Two Rocks of Gibraltar, each steadfastly tempering the other's steadfast tempering! We can safely guess that this sort of relationship wouldn'ts work very well.

The attraction, rather, is for the "entertainer," for the vivacity and sparkle of ESFP, the opposite of ISTJ. ISTJ is the ultimate saver who is fascinated by, and frequently marries, the ultimate spender! Here is complementarily to the nth degree! Just as often, ISTJ finds his or her opposite on the intuitive side: the ENFP. Perhaps he senses in the ENFP's desire to spread the word something similar to the ESFP's desire to put on a show. Certainly the vivacity and sparkle is apparent in both, an attribute which must be quite enchanting to the sober and careful ISTJ.

Mates of the ENFP
Mates

Here is the herald, the spirited bearer of tiding. But underneath this effervescent enthusiasm is a person fiercely dedicated to "meaning" in life and reminiscent of the INFP crusader. Only the ENFP neither crusades nor meditates, not for long anyway. The ENFP is into everything, frisky, not unlike a puppy, sniffing around to see what's new. ENFP has to be in on everything, can't bear to be left out of anything. That's why they make such splendid reporters, newscasters, and journalists. Mercury. Now who would enjoy this frisky, bubbly-yet serious-person? The Rock of Gibraltar, of course-ISTJ, the "trustee." ISTJ, who revels in "keeping the books in order," "balancing the budget," "securing and ensuring," "stabilizing and steadying," "honoring contracts," "keeping the ship on a steady course" and "shipshape," delights also in providing anchorage and safe harbor for the heraldic ENFP.

Who else is attractive and attracted to our curious journalist? Strangely, the abstract scientist: INTJ. Lost in his abstract world of hypotheses, he finds anchorage in the person who knows what's going on in the real world! So ENFP can be an anchor or have an anchor, and who can tell which will be chosen.

ISTJ - The Reliant
ENFP - The Visionary

sassafrassquatch

:wubbie: ENFPs...

I think my friend/girlfriend/object of my obsession in high school was an ENFP redhaired wiccan gothy drama freak. Le sigh...

Interesting how I find ENFPs so attractive and yet INFPs are absolutely infuriating with their fluffiness. What a difference having dominant Fi vs Ne makes.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
:wubbie: ENFPs...

I think my friend/girlfriend/object of my obsession in high school was an ENFP redhaired wiccan gothy drama freak. Le sigh...

Interesting how I find ENFPs so attractive and yet INFPs are absolutely infuriating with their fluffiness. What a difference having dominant Fi vs Ne makes.

Nuff said. :D

persse

MBTI Type
?
i'm an enfp and i can't stand istjs. they get me very annoyed. sorry guys :shock:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know any ISTJs or INTJs in real life, or at least, I don't think I do.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I know few ISTJ's and I think they are very pleasant company althought I try to calm myself down a bit when I'm interacting with them because they tend to be a bit confused if I present myself with my normal energy level with them. (Huh, that was a long and complicated sentence. :D)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
That's interesting, I had no idea ISTJ and ENFP were supposedly 'natural pairs' or naturally attracted according to the laws of MBTIc. In fact, I think according to Socionics it's the opposite -- or perhaps I'm mixing them up or according to Socionics, ISTJ is something different.

ISTJ and ENFP are shadow types after all, with the negative connotation.

This is so funny to me because of my close friends, I have INTPs and an ISTJ. I guess there is something to this 'MBTI' theory after all.

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I have a neutral stance towards ISTJs, but the ones I (think) I've come across have always turned me into this pouncing, poking, goofball maniac. I keep trying to find a keyhole or a crack to insert a lever and strip the surface to see what's underneath and it's pretty damn hard.:rolleyes:

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I like ISTJs, because of their groundedness. They are calm, practical and helpful. You know, gentleman types. I have respect for them. :)

whittykailey

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm an ENFP and I have a really close friend who is an ISTJ. I love her to death. I think that our differences are so funny at times, but she is always there for me and I love that about her. We always end up doing the funniest things, because I get funny ideas and she helps me follow through with them (not my strong suit)! So I love being close to someone so different from me, it makes life so much more enjoyable. So all you ISTJs out there: You Rock. I have no idea where you get your patience and how you can get so much done without getting other ideas on your mind!!

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
My roommate is an INTJ and we get along really really well...we often have opposite ways of looking at things, but are both always able to completely understand where the other person is coming from, so we can both be ourselves and appreciate each other for it.
With ISTJs, though (and I know a lot of these being an engineer), it seems like they are often more attracted to me than I am to them. I can see what makes them tick, but it is much harder for me to relate to it than with the INTJs.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP

Waw, being a ENFP mysefl, i rather thought I couldn't be friends with ISTJ. i have HUGE problems dealing with them!

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Like Dewey said we get along great, and how your qoute was talking about an INTJ's interaction with an ENFP can be like that of an anchor is very true in my oponion. One of my other best friends is Meta and we get along great as well and hes an INTJ. And when you put all three of us in the same room we will almost never stop talking about all kinds of stuff.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Apparently there's a magic that exists there that doesn't for ISTJ's and ENFJ's. I've known two. ISTJ's have a way of complaining about never having enough money and yet turning around and spending 180 on dvds in one trip to Fredmeyer. They're so awkward socially and while that's something that I often gravitate towards they are beyond help. They don't understand that you can't just get all excited about stuff you talk about and then to turn a cold shoulder on subject matter that other people introduce. It takes the wind out of their sails and makes them want to be around you a whole lot less.

Overall, I'd say that ISTJ's and INTJ's are big old EPIC PHAILZ in the sociability department...

Dizzy

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Apparently there's a magic that exists there that doesn't for ISTJ's and ENFJ's. I've known two. ISTJ's have a way of complaining about never having enough money and yet turning around and spending 180 on dvds in one trip to Fredmeyer. They're so awkward socially and while that's something that I often gravitate towards they are beyond help. They don't understand that you can't just get all excited about stuff you talk about and then to turn a cold shoulder on subject matter that other people introduce. It takes the wind out of their sails and makes them want to be around you a whole lot less.

Overall, I'd say that ISTJ's and INTJ's are big old EPIC PHAILZ in the sociability department...

I see where you are getting at, but note that these personality descriptions are the primary preference. When we develop, we learn to deal with this and resist the urges and open up for others. Although they need to be telling me something interesting, otherwise it is hard for me to be really interested. I pretend though.
The thing is maybe you never got the change to breakthrough an ISTJ and it is kinda strange to judge all others based on the two who buyed a lot of DVDs.

Anyways you catch my drift...

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
My two best friends are ISTJ and INFP. Interestingly, I'm far closer to the ISTJ... probably because she's really good at initiating contact. She's the best friend one could ever have (fulfills all her friendly duties). We always have a blast, and she's my favorite (and only) clubbing buddy! Nevertheless, I'm absolutely convinced that this relationship would be murder in marriage. ENFPs are overly complex, ISTJs are shockingly simple (NOT an insult). There isn't enough stimulation for the ENFP and too much for the ISTJ.

Dizzy

MBTI Type
ISTJ
My two best friends are ISTJ and INFP. Interestingly, I'm far closer to the ISTJ... probably because she's really good at initiating contact. She's the best friend one could ever have (fulfills all her friendly duties). We always have a blast, and she's my favorite (and only) clubbing buddy! Nevertheless, I'm absolutely convinced that this relationship would be murder in marriage. ENFPs are overly complex, ISTJs are shockingly simple (NOT an insult). There isn't enough stimulation for the ENFP and too much for the ISTJ.

Simple as in:?
My dad is ENFP, I wouldn't say he is that complex

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Hey, sorry for the delay.
By complex, I mean openness to complication. As far as what that is... I'm including shades of gray, nuances, if you will, as well as the conflicts that arise from them. I love that stuff... thrive in it. My buddy doesn't like it, and takes precautions to avoid it. It's probably just an NP vs SJ thing.