User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: My ENFP Friend

MBTI
    ISTJ

Talking My ENFP Friend

I just find out that my best friend is an ENFP, found it because somewhere in the ISTJ description it said that ENFP's are their natural friends.

It is quite funny because this guy is in many ways exactly the opposite of me:
    * Is always late (without notifying in advance)
    * Life is one big party to him (instead of mine, where I need to earn my party time by working hard / study alot)
    * He is a natural entertainer, gets along with everyone, makes new friends easy. (While I am more reserved and am very selective with new friends)
    * He has quitted already three studies (while I finish everything I start)

Any other ISTJ got the same thing? I think the main thing is that we complement each other, and he is the perfect mate to release the pressure. Thing is when we go out we only have eye for each other and make fun together. Funny, because some friends told me this last time, that they felt left out, while I didn't even realize it.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    I just find out that my best friend is an ENFP, found it because somewhere in the ISTJ description it said that ENFP's are their natural friends.

It is quite funny because this guy is in many ways exactly the opposite of me:
    * Is always late (without notifying in advance)
    * Life is one big party to him (instead of mine, where I need to earn my party time by working hard / study alot)
    * He is a natural entertainer, gets along with everyone, makes new friends easy. (While I am more reserved and am very selective with new friends)
    * He has quitted already three studies (while I finish everything I start)

Any other ISTJ got the same thing? I think the main thing is that we complement each other, and he is the perfect mate to release the pressure. Thing is when we go out we only have eye for each other and make fun together. Funny, because some friends told me this last time, that they felt left out, while I didn't even realize it.
    Yeah, there must be a correlation between the two types. My best friend (Hexis) and my brother are both ENFP. I get along amazingly well with both of them. There is a kind of humor that only we can have, I cannot exactly describe it to you. When I'm around them anything and everything can be funny, and normally is so. It makes little sense in my mind that the two types would do so well with each other. Normally anything that I have a strong opinion one way, I can count on them having the exact opposite opinion. (This, of course, varies upon subject matter)

If you could find where it says that ISTJs and ENFPs are natural friends that'd be great.

--Dewey
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hi thanks for the reaction, here are the quotes:
    Mates of ISTJ

Here is the paragon of insurance, preparation, and consolidation-a person with a strong desire to be trusted. Small wonder that he looks upon accounting, banking, and securities with a benevolent eye. Try to imagine him married to one of his own kind: Two Rocks of Gibraltar, each steadfastly tempering the other's steadfast tempering! We can safely guess that this sort of relationship wouldn'ts work very well.

The attraction, rather, is for the "entertainer," for the vivacity and sparkle of ESFP, the opposite of ISTJ. ISTJ is the ultimate saver who is fascinated by, and frequently marries, the ultimate spender! Here is complementarily to the nth degree! Just as often, ISTJ finds his or her opposite on the intuitive side: the ENFP. Perhaps he senses in the ENFP's desire to spread the word something similar to the ESFP's desire to put on a show. Certainly the vivacity and sparkle is apparent in both, an attribute which must be quite enchanting to the sober and careful ISTJ.

Mates of the ENFP
    Mates

Here is the herald, the spirited bearer of tiding. But underneath this effervescent enthusiasm is a person fiercely dedicated to "meaning" in life and reminiscent of the INFP crusader. Only the ENFP neither crusades nor meditates, not for long anyway. The ENFP is into everything, frisky, not unlike a puppy, sniffing around to see what's new. ENFP has to be in on everything, can't bear to be left out of anything. That's why they make such splendid reporters, newscasters, and journalists. Mercury. Now who would enjoy this frisky, bubbly-yet serious-person? The Rock of Gibraltar, of course-ISTJ, the "trustee." ISTJ, who revels in "keeping the books in order," "balancing the budget," "securing and ensuring," "stabilizing and steadying," "honoring contracts," "keeping the ship on a steady course" and "shipshape," delights also in providing anchorage and safe harbor for the heraldic ENFP.

Who else is attractive and attracted to our curious journalist? Strangely, the abstract scientist: INTJ. Lost in his abstract world of hypotheses, he finds anchorage in the person who knows what's going on in the real world! So ENFP can be an anchor or have an anchor, and who can tell which will be chosen.

ISTJ - The Reliant
    ENFP - The Visionary

ENFPs...

I think my friend/girlfriend/object of my obsession in high school was an ENFP redhaired wiccan gothy drama freak. Le sigh...

Interesting how I find ENFPs so attractive and yet INFPs are absolutely infuriating with their fluffiness. What a difference having dominant Fi vs Ne makes.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    ENFPs...

I think my friend/girlfriend/object of my obsession in high school was an ENFP redhaired wiccan gothy drama freak. Le sigh...

Interesting how I find ENFPs so attractive and yet INFPs are absolutely infuriating with their fluffiness. What a difference having dominant Fi vs Ne makes.
    Nuff said.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    ?

i'm an enfp and i can't stand istjs. they get me very annoyed. sorry guys

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know any ISTJs or INTJs in real life, or at least, I don't think I do.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I know few ISTJ's and I think they are very pleasant company althought I try to calm myself down a bit when I'm interacting with them because they tend to be a bit confused if I present myself with my normal energy level with them. (Huh, that was a long and complicated sentence. )

MBTI
    GONE

That's interesting, I had no idea ISTJ and ENFP were supposedly 'natural pairs' or naturally attracted according to the laws of MBTIc. In fact, I think according to Socionics it's the opposite -- or perhaps I'm mixing them up or according to Socionics, ISTJ is something different.

ISTJ and ENFP are shadow types after all, with the negative connotation.

This is so funny to me because of my close friends, I have INTPs and an ISTJ. I guess there is something to this 'MBTI' theory after all.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    WOLF

I have a neutral stance towards ISTJs, but the ones I (think) I've come across have always turned me into this pouncing, poking, goofball maniac. I keep trying to find a keyhole or a crack to insert a lever and strip the surface to see what's underneath and it's pretty damn hard.