User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: My ENFP Friend

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by possom View Post
    I am an ENFP woman with an ISTJ man. We have been together as man/woman (not husband/wife) for 20 years. When I first met him , there is no way I thought he had anything to offer me. I was trying to save the world, he was merely trying to meet his obligations and paddle his own canoe. But he kept coming around , week after week. Grandually I began to appreciate his calm demeanor ; he took delight in my adventures. I provide the song and dance, he keep gas in the car and the insurance paid. Now, here we are twenty years later, I cannot imagine my life without this man. He says that he lives to be with me, that the rest of his life is just meeting his obligations. And when I'm with him I feel truly loved and appreciated and needed and adored.
    Aww True love, in fact.

MBTI
    ISTx

ENFPs are a light in the dark.

MBTI
    ISTJ

ENFPs!! My best friend is an ENFP. We get along great! Like Beat said, light in the dark.

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

My best friend is ENFP as well...we've known each other for 11 years! We crack each other up!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

awww...such sweetness this thread
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    GONE

ISTJs exhibit a good deal of patience with ENFPs. We seem to amuse them more than infuriate them. LOL. I think they appreciate that we may sometimes (or are always) extremely flighty or even irresponsible compared to them but we care and we like to add levity and camraderie to relationships. ISTJs, at least the one that I know, is very generous with friends.

I think it's a case of ENFP bringing the intangible and ISTJ bringing the tangible to the table. It also only works if the ENFP has their act together in some areas and the ISTJ is yielding in others. In other words, an extreme ENFP and an extreme ISTJ would probably not work and yes, would drive the other nuts.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ISTJ

Example: My ENFP friend will be unknowingly dancing about to an imaginary song in his head whilst we are walking out in public (and unbeknownst to him people are watching) or if we are riding in the car... I will turn to him with a dead serious look on my face (trying not to laugh) and say "Dude, what the hell are you doing?".... He stops what he's doing and all cool he goes "Oohhh... nothing..." LOL! It's hilarious! Then we just start laughing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha!! i love it!! and can SO relate!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

I have dated an ISTJ for 5 years. I just recently moved out and I'm not sure what is happening between us right now.

We are complete opposites. Complete black & white. I love him and miss him but we are just not good for each other. I am usually a pretty high flying happy person but the man can crash me with 2 words in a certain tone of voice. And he has over the last 2 years started to show shadow tendencies, and I know he is miserable. we drag each other down to the point of existing - nothing more.

We were so good as friends.... so good - but as a couple not so much. It makes me feel kind of sick.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    I have dated an ISTJ for 5 years. I just recently moved out and I'm not sure what is happening between us right now.

We are complete opposites. Complete black & white. I love him and miss him but we are just not good for each other. I am usually a pretty high flying happy person but the man can crash me with 2 words in a certain tone of voice. And he has over the last 2 years started to show shadow tendencies, and I know he is miserable. we drag each other down to the point of existing - nothing more.

We were so good as friends.... so good - but as a couple not so much. It makes me feel kind of sick.
    ugh...i know. great as friends though.
    -Jim Morrison