User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: My ENFP Friend

MBTI
    ENFP

I like ISTJs, because of their groundedness. They are calm, practical and helpful. You know, gentleman types. I have respect for them.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm an ENFP and I have a really close friend who is an ISTJ. I love her to death. I think that our differences are so funny at times, but she is always there for me and I love that about her. We always end up doing the funniest things, because I get funny ideas and she helps me follow through with them (not my strong suit)! So I love being close to someone so different from me, it makes life so much more enjoyable. So all you ISTJs out there: You Rock. I have no idea where you get your patience and how you can get so much done without getting other ideas on your mind!!

MBTI
    ENFP

My roommate is an INTJ and we get along really really well...we often have opposite ways of looking at things, but are both always able to completely understand where the other person is coming from, so we can both be ourselves and appreciate each other for it.
    With ISTJs, though (and I know a lot of these being an engineer), it seems like they are often more attracted to me than I am to them. I can see what makes them tick, but it is much harder for me to relate to it than with the INTJs.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    I just find out that my best friend is an ENFP, found it because somewhere in the ISTJ description it said that ENFP's are their natural friends.

It is quite funny because this guy is in many ways exactly the opposite of me:
    * Is always late (without notifying in advance)
    * Life is one big party to him (instead of mine, where I need to earn my party time by working hard / study alot)
    * He is a natural entertainer, gets along with everyone, makes new friends easy. (While I am more reserved and am very selective with new friends)
    * He has quitted already three studies (while I finish everything I start)

Any other ISTJ got the same thing? I think the main thing is that we complement each other, and he is the perfect mate to release the pressure. Thing is when we go out we only have eye for each other and make fun together. Funny, because some friends told me this last time, that they felt left out, while I didn't even realize it.

Waw, being a ENFP mysefl, i rather thought I couldn't be friends with ISTJ. i have HUGE problems dealing with them!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Like Dewey said we get along great, and how your qoute was talking about an INTJ's interaction with an ENFP can be like that of an anchor is very true in my oponion. One of my other best friends is Meta and we get along great as well and hes an INTJ. And when you put all three of us in the same room we will almost never stop talking about all kinds of stuff.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Apparently there's a magic that exists there that doesn't for ISTJ's and ENFJ's. I've known two. ISTJ's have a way of complaining about never having enough money and yet turning around and spending 180 on dvds in one trip to Fredmeyer. They're so awkward socially and while that's something that I often gravitate towards they are beyond help. They don't understand that you can't just get all excited about stuff you talk about and then to turn a cold shoulder on subject matter that other people introduce. It takes the wind out of their sails and makes them want to be around you a whole lot less.

Overall, I'd say that ISTJ's and INTJ's are big old EPIC PHAILZ in the sociability department...

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    Apparently there's a magic that exists there that doesn't for ISTJ's and ENFJ's. I've known two. ISTJ's have a way of complaining about never having enough money and yet turning around and spending 180 on dvds in one trip to Fredmeyer. They're so awkward socially and while that's something that I often gravitate towards they are beyond help. They don't understand that you can't just get all excited about stuff you talk about and then to turn a cold shoulder on subject matter that other people introduce. It takes the wind out of their sails and makes them want to be around you a whole lot less.

Overall, I'd say that ISTJ's and INTJ's are big old EPIC PHAILZ in the sociability department...
    I see where you are getting at, but note that these personality descriptions are the primary preference. When we develop, we learn to deal with this and resist the urges and open up for others. Although they need to be telling me something interesting, otherwise it is hard for me to be really interested. I pretend though.
    The thing is maybe you never got the change to breakthrough an ISTJ and it is kinda strange to judge all others based on the two who buyed a lot of DVDs.

Anyways you catch my drift...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

My two best friends are ISTJ and INFP. Interestingly, I'm far closer to the ISTJ... probably because she's really good at initiating contact. She's the best friend one could ever have (fulfills all her friendly duties). We always have a blast, and she's my favorite (and only) clubbing buddy! Nevertheless, I'm absolutely convinced that this relationship would be murder in marriage. ENFPs are overly complex, ISTJs are shockingly simple (NOT an insult). There isn't enough stimulation for the ENFP and too much for the ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    My two best friends are ISTJ and INFP. Interestingly, I'm far closer to the ISTJ... probably because she's really good at initiating contact. She's the best friend one could ever have (fulfills all her friendly duties). We always have a blast, and she's my favorite (and only) clubbing buddy! Nevertheless, I'm absolutely convinced that this relationship would be murder in marriage. ENFPs are overly complex, ISTJs are shockingly simple (NOT an insult). There isn't enough stimulation for the ENFP and too much for the ISTJ.
    Simple as in:?
    My dad is ENFP, I wouldn't say he is that complex

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Hey, sorry for the delay.
    By complex, I mean openness to complication. As far as what that is... I'm including shades of gray, nuances, if you will, as well as the conflicts that arise from them. I love that stuff... thrive in it. My buddy doesn't like it, and takes precautions to avoid it. It's probably just an NP vs SJ thing.