Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Male ESFJs...

Okay, now I must propose a question. After all this talk about female ISTPs, who apparently behave like tomboys, does anyone know of any male ESFJs? If so, how do they behave?

(And I mean male ESFJs who are really ESFJs, not Nocturne. )

EDIT: This isn't a joke topic. I'm really interested in some perspective.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Okay, now I must propose a question. After all this talk about female ISTPs, who apparently behave like tomboys, does anyone know of any male ESFJs? If so, how do they behave?
    One of my dad's friends is an ESFJ (he took the test for work). He didn't seem particularly feminine at all, if that's what you're implying with the female ISTP reference. He just seemed really interested in talking and asked questions like, "Do you like music?" (I mean, who doesn't like music?)

To sum him up:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily thinking of an effeminate demeanor, although it did cross my head. I could assume that a male ESFJ also relates well to the car salesman stereotype.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I live with a male ESFJ (my guess only). He's gay though which I guess could have an impact on the "masculine" thing....though he is definitely pretty masculine in some ways. What would you like to know?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Geesh, I had enough trouble finding two or three male ISFJs.

*racks brain*

Nope, sorry.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I live with a male ESFJ (my guess only). He's gay though which I guess could have an impact on the "masculine" thing....though he is definitely pretty masculine in some ways. What would you like to know?
    Well, I figured as SJs (probably Js, in general), they would probably put on a face that behaves accordingly to their ascribed gender in relation to socially accepted gender roles.

I would assume they are gregarious and friendly due to their Fe dominance, but would have a more masculine friendliness, hence I can also imagine a male ESFJ stereotype as a smooth-talking salesman type.

Fe dominance, of course, is not just behavior, but also the psychological desire to fit in with a social group. So I could also easily imagine a male ESFJ fitting in with the jocks in school and seeming like a stereotyped ESTP (and possibly even typing as an ESTP) out of social responsibility.
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Well, I figured as SJs (probably Js, in general), they would probably put on a face that behaves accordingly to their ascribed gender in relation to socially accepted gender roles.

I have never met a male ESFJ as far as I know. One ISFJ, but no ESFJ's.

Not to change the subject, but in my case, my J preference does not make me more inclined to behave according to socially accepted gender roles. For example, I almost never do my husband's laundry. Also, he cooks most of the time and does the grocery shopping as well.

MBTI
    INFJ

My last boss was an ESFJ. He wasn't the least bit feminine. He's a big guy with a pilot's license: used to drill wells, likes parties, and is happiest when everyone is laughing. He's really good at small talk and making people feel good--generally being the congenial host. My idea of the typical frat-boy type.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe another non-feminine stereotype for a male ESFJ is the one who offers to buy the beer for all his friends...

I really should have called the thread "Male ExFJs," since they probably behave in a similar way.

Likewise, I think the reason female ISTPs get the tomboy stereotype more often is because of how their Se behavior (which is shown to the world) is reflected through their internal Ti detachment, which comes first and is generally associated with males. In addition, the deviance sometimes seen in ISTPs could be due to tertiary Ni that causes a more independent streak. So they see the world just like the INTP, but they behave differently.

With the ISTP, the Se aids an introverted function that sees things coldly and rationally. But with the ExFJ, an introverted function aids the dominant Fe, which could, on a superficial level, behave exactly the same regardless of Ni or Si preference, because an extroverted dominant function is the most natural to them and an introverted auxiliary becomes less visible.

Of course, I am generalizing.

Enneagram
    1w2

I have two male colleagues one is a ISFJ and the other is ESFJ. ISFJ is quiet, thorough, a little guarded but is friendly and open if you approach him. The ESFJ makes his rounds every morning to everyone and is often chatting (esp. about his kids) and laughing. Very easy to talk to. There's nothing about him that's feminine, he seems comfortable around both sexes, but I only have superficial knowledge about him.

I work with several ESFJs. Most of them are quite a pleasure to be around, but a few of them are unholy terrors.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3