User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Male ESFJs...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I knew an ESFJ male who was decidedly NOT ladylike! He was an Army Ranger, who could outdrink anyone I'd ever met and was definitly a guys guy

Of course he once told me that I should cry sometimes because it's such a good release

He was always very generous with buying rounds of drinks for people (we'd get in contests over that! ) and was a really good host- you'd KNOW that he was happy to see you and he made you feel it!

Definitly one of my favorite people ever!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I thought INFPs were the girly men?

MBTI
    STUF

You wanna say that to my face?!
    Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    You wanna say that to my face?!

MBTI
    ESTJ

Male ESFJs always seem to play up the male stereotype to extreme degrees- the flittering philanderer- the sexual machismo etc. They have a good sense of humor and have a sensitive side they only display towards women, but around men, they're pretty competitive.

I would say that the most "feminine" men, and men who always complain that people think they are gay are ENFP males.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I thought INFPs were the girly men?
    No, ISFPs! They're the ones who dress in the girly clothes and wear the girly anime hair!

The INFPs and INFJs males are simply just the shy little kids with their heads in the clouds, who may or may not be girly!

Also, TypeLogic lists Terry Bradshaw as an ESFJ. (C-3PO is also an ESFJ! )

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    No, ISFPs! They're the ones who dress in the girly clothes and wear the girly anime hair!

The INFPs and INFJs males are simply just the shy little kids with their heads in the clouds, who may or may not be girly!

Also, TypeLogic lists Terry Bradshaw as an ESFJ. (C-3PO is also an ESFJ! )
    Ahh, that explains MegaTokyo. Piro must be an ISFP. Artsy, anime hair, androgynous.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Ahh, that explains MegaTokyo. Piro must be an ISFP. Artsy, anime hair, androgynous.
    And they are lovely to look at!

It's just sometimes you can't tell if they're boys or girls.

MBTI
    INTP

My experience with male xSFJ's is that they are heavily influenced by the stereotypes of how a male should act, which contradicts their natural behavior This seems to make them put up a heavy front of masculinity... which tends to fade once they let you into their world.

But, if you are hanging out with anyone new, or in a situation they don't feel particularly comfortable with, you see this over-masculine front come back. This could be just the selective sample of young male xSFJ's in my life, but I have have definitely noticed this trend to exist.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cdal233 View Post
    My experience with male xSFJ's is that they are heavily influenced by the stereotypes of how a male should act, which contradicts their natural behavior This seems to make them put up a heavy front of masculinity... which tends to fade once they let you into their world.

But, if you are hanging out with anyone new, or in a situation they don't feel particularly comfortable with, you see this over-masculine front come back. This could be just the selective sample of young male xSFJ's in my life, but I have have definitely noticed this trend to exist.
    I've noticed that, actually...aggression and confidence/hostility/bravado, but to the people they care about they're all cuddly and sickeningly clingy.

Actually now that I think of it, the female ESFJ I know has the cuddly part but not the aggressive part...so maybe stereotypes can be a factor.