• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFP - Big Talk with an ISTJ

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I also explained to him about this seasonal depression thing, I HATE winter and the cold, dark days. I want to move somewhere warmer! This is what he says, This is ridiculous.. he says, "but, if we move away to somewhere warmer..where will we vacation to?" Then he goes on to say that if we moved somewhere warm, then we will get spoiled by the warm weather and when it reaches 40 or 50 degrees, we will complain because it take it for granted. He thinks we'll turn into one of those kind of people. i mean WHAT THE HELL!? WHO THINKS LIKE THIS? HOW COULD THIS THOUGHT HOLD YOU BACK FROM WANTING TO MOVE TO THE BEACH?!

You know, I get seasonally depressed. But I didn't like living in Dubai with a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Be wary of using 'grass is always greener' arguments.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Be wary of using 'grass is always greener' arguments.

of me using it or of him? ah im confused.

I know that being an ENFP means that I am prone to having that Grass is always Greener complex. The grass is dead, and I need to find grass that has more color, end of story.

(The grass being my hometown, and the colored grass being a place more lively...in case my metaphor wasnt making sense :newwink:)

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know, I get seasonally depressed. But I didn't like living in Dubai with a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Well you have to consider the drawback that comes with living in Dubai - mainly the fact that you're living in Dubai.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Good on you for having the talk.

We broke up once before for about a year or two (though the second year, we were basically dating without a title). I dont want to break up with him. I want to marry him, I just don't want to live in our hometown.

This sounds really tough. :(

Do you know where you are on his priority list? Do you come before or after his parents and himself?

What are his expectations of you once you get married? Would he be okay with you traveling as part of your career? Would you be okay without him being there to share the adventures with you?