User Tag List

First 1234 Last

It appears to be a consistent ISTJ trait, that when it comes to dating, you guys sit back.

Other people were the ones to start talking about us before we started talking about us. So the ISTJ who I was with for over a decade and I, kind of fell into our relationship.

You ISTJers are worse than INTPs when it comes to sitting back. How's that possible?

MBTI
    LoLz

I suck at initiating because it feels so forced and I'd rather things just flow more naturally. That's why I end up being so standoffish.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I do think ISTJs are impressed by persistence. I think they want someone they know they can trust.

Just my two cents.
    I get really turned off by people I perceive to be fickle. That is the single most irritating trait in a partner or friend.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I relentlessly pursued my ISTJ until he gave in
    Lucky dog.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    It appears to be a consistent ISTJ trait, that when it comes to dating, you guys sit back.

Other people were the ones to start talking about us before we started talking about us. So the ISTJ who I was with for over a decade and I, kind of fell into our relationship.
    I suppose that's true... It's hard to be otherwise.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by uberrogo View Post
    So how do you as an ISTJ find romance? Also if it applies, how did you run into the love of your life?
    For me, ppl that I have dated began with friendship first before it progressed to anything. I find it a little superficial to date the conventional way, so to speak because I have to know and trust a person to a certain level before I'd consider going out with them. Suffice to say, I'm unconventional when it comes to dating and I don't give two hoots bout dating rules.

Also, I agree that persistence pays off. Like Patches, I find others who are fickle-minded to grate on my nerves.

MBTI
    istj

INTPs have quite a reputation, and a negative one at that lol. Perhaps ISTJs are successfully taking this advice: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I get really turned off by people I perceive to be fickle. That is the single most irritating trait in a partner or friend.
    Seconded.

Of course, the real diamonds are the P's who are not fickle, or J's who are not so uptight.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    I'm dating an ISTJ, so not sure exactly if this can help you or not but we met through a friend and started hanging out in a group a lot. The two of us hit it off and eventually started hanging out one on one. It's good to be friends first I think.
    I agree. I've never been in a relationship before, but I think that good relationships build off of a foundation of a good friendship.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by uberrogo View Post
    Just looking into new ways I may not have considered when pursuing romance. So how do you as an ISTJ find romance? Also if it applies, how did you run into the love of your life?
    I think (for me anyway) it was fairly easy. I don't talk to a lot of people IRL, therefore the one female I had become friends with eventually ended up as my wife. The love developed from the friendship.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...