• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Cognitive Function Results - ESTJs

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************************************** (52.1)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.3)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ** (2)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************************* (45.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.3)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ
I think I have a smidge more Ni than the results indicate.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just re-took this:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************************** (46.6)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.3)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************** (15.1)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.4)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.3)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.3)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (29)
average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTJ
Interesting! I was surprised by all that Fe. :laugh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
More Fe than Fi. That's alarming. :tongue:
I know! :laugh: Honestly, I know exactly why I scored higher on Fe than Fi:

1) Some of my "Fe" behavior is based entirely on values: i.e. I was raised by Fe-users from the South; and
2) I have a strong 2 wing and therefore gravitate towards helping roles.

So none of it was actually Fe!

I'll be interested when an actually good function test comes up -- i.e. a test that I don't test extremely differently on every time I take it. (I even tested as higher Ti than Te on one -- told me I was ISTP! :doh:)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know! :laugh: Honestly, I know exactly why I scored higher on Fe than Fi:

1) Some of my "Fe" behavior is based entirely on values: i.e. I was raised by Fe-users from the South; and
2) I have a strong 2 wing and therefore gravitate towards helping roles.

So none of it was actually Fe!

I'm not grasping your reasoning there. Your tritype is 1w2/2w3/6w7, lots of 2 there which correlates well with Fe.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took a few minutes to analyze this dilemma about your scores. ESTP will have the Fe tertiary and Ni inferior. This makes better sense given your score with Ni at the bottom.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not grasping your reasoning there. Your tritype is 1w2/2w3/6w7, lots of 2 there which correlates well with Fe.
Well on the one hand, yes, it correlates, in that they can look the same in people. But on the other hand, I was under the impression that they weren't the same thing? That is, that type 2 doesn't imply Fe. Because you can care a lot about helping people, and being warm and friendly and kind and (most importantly!) not an asshole, while at the same time having very direct Te/Fi communication, and having those behaviors come from values instead of... I dunno, I guess, instead of coming from your gut. Fe people seem to act Fe by nature, whereas I act Fe because I'm supposed to, and also because I don't want people to dislike me. And not wanting to be disliked doesn't seem to be Fe-related...?

Ugh... I wish I understood this better.

Edit: I am so ESTJ it hurts. My type is definitely not in question! I'm going to post a video soon to show everyone for certain, at some point. Maybe tonight? :shrug:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well on the one hand, yes, it correlates, in that they can look the same in people. But on the other hand, I was under the impression that they weren't the same thing? That is, that type 2 doesn't imply Fe. Because you can care a lot about helping people, and being warm and friendly and kind and (most importantly!) not an asshole, while at the same time having very direct Te/Fi communication, and having those behaviors come from values instead of... I dunno, I guess, instead of coming from your gut. Fe people seem to act Fe by nature, whereas I act Fe because I'm supposed to, and also because I don't want people to dislike me. And not wanting to be disliked doesn't seem to be Fe-related...?

Ugh... I wish I understood this better.

Edit: I am so ESTJ it hurts. My type is definitely not in question! I'm going to post a video soon to show everyone for certain, at some point. Maybe tonight? :shrug:

"I act Fe because I'm supposed to" actually indicates a type motive. Which type acts a certain way because they are supposed to, i.e., because of social expectations or norms?

The Fe type.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"I act Fe because I'm supposed to" actually indicates a type motive. Which type acts a certain way because they are supposed to, i.e., because of social expectations or norms?

The Fe type.
Who says it's because of social norms? Regardless of social norms, I'd feel bad if I were an asshole. Even if I was surrounded by assholes, I'd feel bad about it. I'd feel like I wasn't being true to how I was supposed to be.

Not that I don't care about social norms as well -- but that's an SJ thing, not just an SFJ thing, right? Although from my experience SFJs care a lot more about fitting in; STJs will stubbornly stand alone on particular issues if necessary.

I dunno -- I guess I could see myself having high Fe, comparatively speaking. But I couldn't see it being higher than my Fi. I'd see my function order as being Si>Te>Fi>Fe>Ne>Ti>Se>Ni... ish. Maybe with Ne and Ti and Fi switched around a little.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who says it's because of social norms? Regardless of social norms, I'd feel bad if I were an asshole. Even if I was surrounded by assholes, I'd feel bad about it. I'd feel like I wasn't being true to how I was supposed to be.

Not that I don't care about social norms as well -- but that's an SJ thing, not just an SFJ thing, right? Although from my experience SFJs care a lot more about fitting in; STJs will stubbornly stand alone on particular issues if necessary.

I dunno -- I guess I could see myself having high Fe, comparatively speaking. But I couldn't see it being higher than my Fi. I'd see my function order as being Si>Te>Fi>Fe>Ne>Ti>Se>Ni... ish. Maybe with Ne and Ti and Fi switched around a little.

That may be true for the moment.

Does "supposed to" indicate some invisible entity passing out rules that you're supposed to obey? I agree that Te is interested in rules. And I certainly agree that Si is high up there since that function works with your inner sense of time and space to maintain the status quo. So if something doesn't get done at a certain time, then it doesn't "feel right"; or for example something seems out of place because it looks strange somehow. Change is very disturbing to Si. SJ likes to plan their time, but I've found that they tend to over-schedule, and try to get too much done in too little time. This creates a very stressed out "type A" personality.

Te-dom has Fi inferior, and that's usually a stress point.

STJ is much more of a "steamroller" type than SFJ. I can't say that an STJ would walk over corpses to get what he wants, but he might.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I took a few minutes to analyze this dilemma about your scores. ESTP will have the Fe tertiary and Ni inferior. This makes better sense given your score with Ni at the bottom.
When was the last time you encountered an ESTP 1w2? Or one with great Te but mediocre Se?

Well on the one hand, yes, it correlates, in that they can look the same in people. But on the other hand, I was under the impression that they weren't the same thing? That is, that type 2 doesn't imply Fe.
True. There are plenty of XXFPs who are 2s.

Social. She's so/sp, just like me.

The Fe type.
Enjoy your snipe hunt. :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When was the last time you encountered an ESTP 1w2? Or one with great Te but mediocre Se?

True. There are plenty of XXFPs who are 2s.

Social. She's so/sp, just like me.

Enjoy your snipe hunt. :D

What's your fucking problem?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's a snipe, they're not that hard to find around here.

snipe-2.jpg

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow! [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

Those last Fe results are way different than the first set you posted!

Funnily enough, I have been thinking about something similar a lot lately, STJs who seem to have good use of Fe. I was even thinking of making a thread about TJs who use Fe.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow! EJCC

Those last Fe results are way different than the first set you posted!
:laugh: Yeah, it's confusing! I always score really differently every time I take a function test, but I didn't expect Fe>Fi.
Funnily enough, I have been thinking about something similar a lot lately, STJs who seem to have good use of Fe. I was even thinking of making a thread about TJs who use Fe.
You should make that thread! It would be very interesting; I had always thought that I just didn't use Fe, but I guess after what mal said -- maybe type 2 helpfulness actually is Fe, even if it's Fe unrelated to type? (i.e. even an ENFP or an ESTJ with 2 wings, would still use Fe?)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh: Yeah, it's confusing! I always score really differently every time I take a function test, but I didn't expect Fe>Fi.

You should make that thread! It would be very interesting; I had always thought that I just didn't use Fe, but I guess after what mal said -- maybe type 2 helpfulness actually is Fe, even if it's Fe unrelated to type? (i.e. even an ENFP or an ESTJ with 2 wings, would still use Fe?)

Meh. I thought about it but then we'd probably get more NTJs ripping on Fe, which I'd rather not be the cause of. lol

I thought of this because I'm pretty sure I just met an ESTJ who has amazing use of Fe. It's really wonderful. :heart:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What's your fucking problem?
You mean I have to narrow it down to just one? :newwink:

One a more serious note, I really don't have any animosity toward you. I just think you've been barking up some of the wrong tree(s).