• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Cognitive Function Results - ESTJs

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
ESTJs: please post your results to this cognitive functions test.

Here are the results from the INTJs.

Here are the results from the ENTPs.

Here are the results from the ISFPs.

Here are the results from the ENFPs.

Here are the results from the ISFJs.

Here are the results from the ENFJs.

Here are the results from the INFJs.

Here are the results from the INTPs.

Here are the results from the INFPs.

Here are the results from the ENTJs.

Here are the results from the ISTJs.

Here are the results from the ESFPs.

Here are the results from the ISTPs.

Here are the results from the ESFJs.

Here are the results from the ESTPs.

Thanks

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************************** (51.1)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.8)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******* (7.2)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************** (44.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.5)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.5)
limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
holy shit lady! that's an impressive Si score! :shock:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
holy shit lady! that's an impressive Si score! :shock:
:laugh: I know, right? The results are pretty schizophrenic overall... It must have been my mood. Last time I took a function test I got Te, Ti and Ne as my highest (not that those results are any less schizophrenic).

I plan on taking the test again and posting the new results, to see if they make any more sense. Maybe tomorrow...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always get the crazy Se, Ne, Ti results, which don't fit with any known type :boohoo:

above 50 though... I just HAD to comment! :laugh:

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.2)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************************** (46.5)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************** (23.8)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.1)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************************************** (54.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***** (5.9)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.7)
limited use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INTJ

The numbers jump around a little bit, but I think this is more or less the result I've gotten in the past.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
My husband did the test and got:

Te (excellent) > Si (excellent) > Ti (excellent) > Se (good) > Ne (average) > Fi (average) > Ni (unused) > Fe (unused)

For some reason the test says he's an ISTJ - but we checked and the Te was indeed better used than the Si. Now I see the same in the previous post... Strange. I always thought Te > Si meant ESTJ.
And EJCC got a Si > Te with ESTJ! Does that thing mix the two up or am I mixing them up?!

Moreover, I'm quite of the opinion that there is a Ne aspect the test doesn't capture: the randomly associating for pure fun aspect. It seems the Ne questions always assumed the function use was somehow useful...

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Does that thing mix the two up or am I mixing them up?!

I'm not sure how it makes the judgment, exactly. For mine, it may have assumed I was introverted overall due to my crap Se and Fe, and all of my introverted functions being at least decent. Oh well, I still think it's a reasonable result. It does give two other possibilities, so... at least it kind of knows that there's room for error.

Moreover, I'm quite of the opinion that there is a Ne aspect the test doesn't capture: the randomly associating for pure fun aspect. It seems the Ne questions always assumed the function use was somehow useful...

2. Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.
There's a fair chance they might not have any potential.
Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.
Fun, but not necessarily useful.
Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.
This one says it all right here. It's the number one thing that distracts me from schoolwork/etc.

Personally, I'm surprised my Ne score wasn't higher. I think it's the whole improvisation aspect of it that I'm poor at, but the endless tangents... at least inside my head... that's all there.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
^Okay, you're right. Maybe I'm just miffed because Husband's Te use beats my Ne use :D.
Keeping following tangents "at least inside my head"... we both interpreted the question to mean "aloud, when in a conversation".

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personally, I'm surprised my Ne score wasn't higher. I think it's the whole improvisation aspect of it that I'm poor at, but the endless tangents... at least inside my head... that's all there.

^Okay, you're right. Maybe I'm just miffed because Husband's Te use beats my Ne use :D.
Keeping following tangents "at least inside my head"... we both interpreted the question to mean "aloud, when in a conversation".

I definitely had issues with the Ne questions, too. ESPECIALLY the fact that pretty much every one used the word "random" or "unrelated". I hate that. Playing with random associations = pointless. Playing with associations that make sense to you = a good exercise that might have some use. Also, they never seem random or unrelated to me. I wouldn't be relating them if they were unrelated!!! So... I'd probably have scored a lot higher on Ne if it weren't for that.

Also, WTF do they mean by "accomplishing things" (or whatever the phrase was) "simply by making your presence felt"? And how am I supposed to know what people's secret motivations were for agreeing with me? How do I know that it was my presence that did it?

I dunno... I might have been over-thinking the questions. I hate it when they use a scale like that. Please just use yes/no questions???

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, newest result:

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.4)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************* (43.9)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.6)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******* (7.1)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************ (48.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.2)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ
Why did they say I was ESTJ when my Si was highest, and ISTJ when my Te was highest??? That makes no sense to me.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
This occurred to me too. Though it could still be aloud and alone as well...

I definitely had issues with the Ne questions, too. ESPECIALLY the fact that pretty much every one used the word "random" or "unrelated". I hate that. Playing with random associations = pointless. Playing with associations that make sense to you = a good exercise that might have some use. Also, they never seem random or unrelated to me. I wouldn't be relating them if they were unrelated!!! So... I'd probably have scored a lot higher on Ne if it weren't for that.
Yeah, the word "random" is not being used here in the way that the word is meant to be used. It's supposed to be more of a mathematical and objective term, not to mean what you're describing- and what the test is ultimately asking.

Also, WTF do they mean by "accomplishing things" (or whatever the phrase was) "simply by making your presence felt"? And how am I supposed to know what people's secret motivations were for agreeing with me? How do I know that it was my presence that did it?

I dunno... I might have been over-thinking the questions. I hate it when they use a scale like that. Please just use yes/no questions???
Oh, you're not the only one. That question has always baffled me as well. Maybe if you're an overseer, and one of your workers is distracted, your presence may motivate them to become more productive, but that has nothing to do with functions; that's just because of your authority level!

Also, newest result:

Why did they say I was ESTJ when my Si was highest, and ISTJ when my Te was highest??? That makes no sense to me.
See how it did the same thing for me, and how Tamske said it happened with her husband too? There may be a lot more emphasis than you would expect from the functions below the top two. I would say there was a notable drop in your Fe and increase in your Fi in your second result from your first result. And if you look at my result, I have total crap Fe and Se, while everything else is at least decent.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

That sounded like a question to evidence Te, maybe even Fe in a person.

I hate the 5 scale thing too, but it's better than the yes/no, because you use all 8 functions to some extent. I think I answered "not me at all" to 2 questions. If I answered "Totally Me" to anything, it was probably 2 max as well.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree with the Ne questions. They were there, but they had this narrow definition of it. That's the flaw with these tests. With just surface knowledge, you can manipulate them to get whatever results you want.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
That sounds indeed like a Ne at the service of a good strong Te :)

I dunno... I might have been over-thinking the questions.
Haha! Thinker!! :newwink:
I hate it when they use a scale like that. Please just use yes/no questions???
I actually quite like it. Why don't you just check "agree fully" when your answer is "yes" and "don't agree at all" when it's "no"? This will get you the same results as a similar test where the answers are quoted with yes/no. Just think a bit about the maths behind it and you'll get why :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, the word "random" is not being used here in the way that the word is meant to be used. It's supposed to be more of a mathematical and objective term, not to mean what you're describing- and what the test is ultimately asking.
I agree with the Ne questions. They were there, but they had this narrow definition of it.
That sounds indeed like a Ne at the service of a good strong Te :)
:yes: Yes to all. Maybe next time I take the test, I should just ignore those words when they appear :laugh:
That's the flaw with these tests. With just surface knowledge, you can manipulate them to get whatever results you want.
:doh: Such a pain. Especially with the Enneagram. The bad/new-age-y/stereotypical descriptions online don't help much.
See how it did the same thing for me, and how Tamske said it happened with her husband too? There may be a lot more emphasis than you would expectfrom the functions below the top two. I would say there was a notable drop in your Fe and increase in your Fi in your second result from your first result. And if you look at my result, I have total crap Fe and Se, while everything else is at least decent.
:yes: That makes sense. I think you're right.
I hate the 5 scale thing too, but it's better than the yes/no, because you use all 8 functions to some extent. I think I answered "not me at all" to 2 questions. If I answered "Totally Me" to anything, it was probably 2 max as well.
:yes: Same.
Haha! Thinker!! :newwink:
Har har. :tongue:
I actually quite like it. Why don't you just check "agree fully" when your answer is "yes" and "don't agree at all" when it's "no"? This will get you the same results as a similar test where the answers are quoted with yes/no. Just think a bit about the maths behind it and you'll get why :)
Huh. Sounds like a good plan. I may just have to try that. :yes:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think they meant that you're such a bad ass that when you show up, people automatically straighten up and get busy. A "OMG! The boss is here!" thing. I have a sister like that but she's ENTJ.

I agree they could have phrased that question better.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My husband did the test and got:

Te (excellent) > Si (excellent) > Ti (excellent) > Se (good) > Ne (average) > Fi (average) > Ni (unused) > Fe (unused)

For some reason the test says he's an ISTJ - but we checked and the Te was indeed better used than the Si. Now I see the same in the previous post... Strange. I always thought Te > Si meant ESTJ.
And EJCC got a Si > Te with ESTJ! Does that thing mix the two up or am I mixing them up?!

Also, newest result:

Because in both cases the Ti was so strong, (and either Ni or Fi are close behind), there is a strength of [general] "introversion" on the upper end, so it assumes you might still be an introvert.
(When the test said ESTJ, you probably had other extraverted functions strong behind Te).

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
^ So if sum of all introverted functions > sum of all extraverted functions, then you get an I ? That's quite possible. (and why am I trying to unravel the calculations behind this test?? :doh:)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting! I just took the test again, marking everything as either not true at all or strongly true, with no middle ground - and also ignoring the word "random" anywhere it came up.

These were my results:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******* (7.6)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************************** (56.8)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************ (12)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************ (48.4)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.4)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************* (25.6)
average use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process