User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Not a fan. If I were in middle- or upper-management and I were able to direct policy, motivate people, etc., I could probably make it work no matter what the product was, but I am an entertainment industry guy at heart.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP

it's interesting to see some of the replies here..
    first of all, to answer both shum and pure's questions: i'm not in the labor-position.
    in fact, i was supposed & expected to be the "next boss" , it's a family-business, and my dad & uncle builds it.
    so you can say theoretically, i should be at the "upper-management" level.

but just like shum said, actually, seeing the workers down the factory, sometimes i 'wish' i am NOT in the upper-management like this.
    perhaps it's because of my INFP-traits, things like meeting customers, constant call, deadlines, pressures and more pressures, and all just to ensure stuff like raw-materials, woods, rattan, and support-items like glue, polish-machine etc to get-in-time, in perfect quality,...and all just to increase the profits..all these things just seems very 'DRY' for me.

while i have to also agree w/ what pure said: that sometimes i find it good that i can motivate my workers or my staff, when i'm at the upper-management position, but the truth is: i would definitely rather motivate people in OTHER type of job,..not in the factory, where Just-In-Time, efficiency, and profits seems to rule 95% more than the "people-factor", or the "motivating" factor.

but i'm glad that there're people who still don't mind too-much IF circumstances pushed them to have-to work in factory setting.

but it's just not for me...really.
    and besides, I'm a musician, at heart...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    and besides, I'm a musician, at heart...
    That's what the weekends are for.

MBTI
    INFJ

This reminds me of a book I read once about work (not by Studs Terkel). In it, a woman who cut tuna said she found her job "sexy." So you see, it takes all kinds. I'm not sure
    any of us would feel turned on by cutting tuna, but she was. Someone out there must like factory work, it's just not anyone on this forum.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ISTx

Two words: Fuck no.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Two words: Fuck no.
    lol ,
    even for an ISTJ ?? really??...seirously??

man,..no wonder stress is killing me almost everyday here in this factory-job.
    but oh how my uncle & dad are soo chinese's old-fashion, always kept scrutinizing me and telling me to "be thankful ! nuff said!" :/

MBTI
    ISTx

Hah, yeah, I'm serious. I could handle a year of it maybe to get by in a certain phase of life if I had to. I can handle just about anything for a brief period. I'd kill myself if I had to make a career of a factory job though.

Sorry you're unhappy. You should force yourself to break away from feeling an obligation to do what you feel is expected. [Beware, cheezy phrase ahead] You should follow your heart.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Working in a factory sounds way too boring. I could put up with it for a while, but I wouldn't "like" it. I would always be looking forward to my free-time and weekends. And an upper-level position would be even worse, because I would have too much responsibility. I would always be afraid of messing things up and letting everyone else down.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    I'm curious to know why what an ISTJ feels about a factory job has to do with what you feel about your factory job. It sounds like you're unhappy there and you're wondering who would like it, but that won't help your job satisfaction. Surely there are people who work with you who could answer why they have that job and what they like about it.

It seems like a better question would be what do INFPs and most importantly, you, like to do and how can you get that kind of job?
    Out of the mouth of babes....

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Working in a factory sounds way too boring. I could put up with it for a while, but I wouldn't "like" it. I would always be looking forward to my free-time and weekends. And an upper-level position would be even worse, because I would have too much responsibility. I would always be afraid of messing things up and letting everyone else down.
    well,
    the more i see the posts here, the more it becomes clear to me that: it might not have so much to do with Personality.
    instead, it might be that OUR generation today generally just doesn't want to do a factory-kind of job. perhaps, i figured, it's just too- 'dirty' & 'dry' for "iPod & Internet-savvy" people in our generation :p

however,
    I still give some benefits of doubts to some "anal, logical, curious, love-challenges" type like INTJ, to still want or love to work in factory-setting, IF they're given an upper-management & a TOTAL-control to manage/handle the whole factory!

while me, even though my uncle (ie: which is my boss) give his "boss" title to me right now, I would most likely still reject it anyway.
    I don't care if some people in my family, or even my friends, called me a "whiny, spoiled person" , but i guess there's just WAY too-many factors of why i just don't have ANY motivation or passion to continue work, or even RUN this factory-business!