Banned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Default I have a new set of policies for you SJ's to implement

I can't believe you people are still using old methods over and over again.

You need to be basing your rules on scientific research, not on traditions!

POLICY N°1: Formal hiring. Forget about social networks and clubs, we need to have people hired based on jobs posted publically.

POLICY N°2: Competence overrides experience. It does not matter how experienced you are if you can do the job better!

POLICY N°3: No chit-chat at coffee machine. All of this talk is inefficient and it would be better to get down to work instead.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

These threads are obnoxious.

Please stop making them.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post

Mmm....kaaaaayy......

POLICY N°1: Formal hiring. Forget about social networks and clubs, we need to have people hired based on jobs posted publically.
    Two things:

1) I agree with you
    2) Anyone who hires someone just because they met them at a club or on a social network deserves whatever it is they get. I WANT CREDENTIALS PEOPLE!

POLICY N°2: Competence overrides experience. It does not matter how experienced you are if you can do the job better!
    Usually the two go hand in hand so I prefer someone who is competent as a result of their years of experience If I had to choose between the two, then yes I would agree with you again.

POLICY N°3: No chit-chat at coffee machine. All of this talk is inefficient and it would be better to get down to work instead.
    All work and no brief moments of gossiping about Darlene's cousin's-sister's-son-in-law bonk honking Debbie from accounting makes tinker683 a dull boy :'(
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Show us that scientific research! If it's credible, we'll go the new way. NBD

Misconception about SJs: we're impossible to convince. Just because we're skeptical of new and unusual data, doesn't mean we won't change our minds given enough evidence contrary to our usual methodology.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Please stop making them.
    Come on, they're still beneficial. They give an opportunity for discussion! And we WANT discussion, because it leads to new insights! Let's be positive

(Then again, this is from the person who's been answering variations on the same question for over a year on one thread... So I have more patience for this sort of thing.)

Edit: Which SJs are you referring to, Falcon?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

he's referring the ones who probably hire us lazy SPs because we're the kids of their golf buddies or something :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Please stop making them.
    No kidding. There are some strange things going on lately.
    Is it a full moon? Lol.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    he's referring the ones who probably hire us lazy SPs because we're the kids of their golf buddies or something :rolli:
    But you guys are just so CHARMING...

... we can't help it
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*ruffles EJCC's hair*

don't worry... you won't regret hiring me ma'am
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

If they work, why change? Really, this is not me impersonating an SJ or something. There's some merit in keeping things like they are. I just wish the pedagogues would learn THAT instead of changing the education system every decade! Now they are putting all pupils together regardless what they are good or bad at. Please learn your history pedagogues. You've tried that already in the eighties and it didn't work. And no, it doesn't help to call it another name.
    I've experienced already more harm in bosses trying to put their stamp on things and changing policies just when the employees were getting used to it.

Huh? Isn't that implemented already?? Isn't that the tradition actually? Read the newspapers and write application letters. Yes, there are some quite recent things added to it, which I very much like. There's an organisation to help jobless people find jobs (and to help employers find people) who has an Internet database. For teachers there's even an apart "pool" - if a teacher gets ill, the headmaster (or the secretary) can find interim teachers in the subject with some mouse clicks. It's basically the same thing as the old newspaper ads but adapted to our new information highway. Why not
    I found already two jobs (each one a contract of one year) with old-fashioned spontaneous application letters and one (a contract of two months) with the teacher's pool.

Yes, but experience has its merit too. A new employee has to learn how things are done in that firm. And has to get to know his coworkers. You don't want to change a team which is performing rather well. I guess here it's a question of finding a balance. Will the new employee add a value to the team that's worth some training and adapting? Maybe an SJ employer would answer "no" too often.

I don't know about this one. A human is not fit to work non-stop. Every day I start with lots of ideas (I'll finish this and that work and then I've got time to work on that mad project!), but find myself exhausted at the middle and in de need of "not working nor doing creative projects" for a while. Yes it's frustrating. No work gets done and I'm not even creating anything!
    Maybe we should accept that we're less efficient than we want to be.
    I really need the coffee breaks at school, despite I hate coffee. The nice thing at a school is that they are scheduled. They start at a given moment (when the pupils get a much needed break too) and stop at another given moment. You don't feel as if you should be working instead.
    When I was doing research, it was another matter. I always felt as if I should work instead, because I hadn't produced anything yet! At the other hand, the discussions during the coffee break helped to put your research in perspective and sometimes generated new ideas.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm afraid not. There will be no changing allowed. Ever.