• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] estj's and intp's

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
His execution style is: Direct. He likes to control and direct things in a systematic way. He won't sugarcoat the "truth" for you.

ESTJ definitely, based on what you are describing.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have no sexual attraction to him. I have friends I can communicate intellectually with but it's extremely hard for me to be attracted to someone. It's not about potential, it's about a conscious thought or feeling over a person. I can have potential with you or with anyone I meet, but it does not say for certainty I will want it. It's a bit of mystery.

I feel you.
I'm more of the mental first, and if I'm attracted to you, it's bonus. I feel you definitely.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I understand what you're saying and I'll implement that. He just wants me to have a detailed plan and let him know in advance. I'm quite absent minded so it's a conscious effort for me.

If you love him, he'll appreciate it, and eventually he'll either care less about the plan. Either that or it will become easier for you.

Yeonhee

MBTI Type
INTP
I feel you.
I'm more of the mental first, and if I'm attracted to you, it's bonus. I feel you definitely.

Indeed. I need mental and attraction, both are equally important to me. He stimulates me mentally in a different way than what I'm naturally prone to. I, personally, don't need to have a soul satisfying relationship with someone. I tried that once, failed. What's important to me is respect, independence, friendship and commitment.

Yeonhee

MBTI Type
INTP
If you love him, he'll appreciate it, and eventually he'll either care less about the plan. Either that or it will become easier for you.

Yes, I do love him. Thank you for your help and insight.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Indeed. I need mental and attraction, both are equally important to me. He stimulates me mentally in a different way than what I'm naturally prone to. I, personally, don't need to have a soul satisfying relationship with someone. I tried that once, failed. What's important to me is respect, independence, friendship and commitment.

Well it's good you've made those realizations. Im still on my search. I don't need the soul stirrer either, but please be a good balance. LOL. I can't do either extreme.

Sil

This is a test.
I haven't been in a relationship with an INTP, but I have a relative who is one.

I delight in pointing out how useless the things he talks about are. It drives him through the roof.

The last time we talked he got on the subject of dust mites living in our eyebrows. I stopped him and asked him why I needed to know that. He got very upset and told me to just stay ignorant.

In short, he's a lot of fun.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't been in a relationship with an INTP, but I have a relative who is one.

I delight in pointing out how useless the things he talks about are. It drives him through the roof.

The last time we talked he got on the subject of dust mites living in our eyebrows. I stopped him and asked him why I needed to know that. He got very upset and told me to just stay ignorant.

In short, he's a lot of fun.

I really don't understand people like you. How can anything be "useless?" Everything is subjective to the person viewing it. Life has no definitive answers or direction. Things just "are" and you take them as you will. Why must you antagonize? Accept that he is choosing to think about what he cares to think about. Practical application = what - money? recognition? All a load of crike. :doh:

Sil

This is a test.
I really don't understand people like you. How can anything be "useless?" Everything is subjective to the person viewing it. Life has no definitive answers or direction. Things just "are" and you take them as you will. Why must you antagonize? Accept that he is choosing to think about what he cares to think about. Practical application = what - money? recognition? All a load of crike. :doh:

Hold up.

EDIT:

If you really don't understand "people like [me]," then why try and shove your morals down my throat and make misguided assumptions about my personal values?

Wouldn't it be better for you to just talk to me than sit there and preach? How are you learning anything?

If you don't care to better understand people of other types (could also add backgrounds, beliefs, values, etc), then why are you even on here?

I'm all for a discussion. But if you just want to act morally self righteous, find a different audience.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hold up.

EDIT:

If you really don't understand "people like [me]," then why try and shove your morals down my throat and make misguided assumptions about my personal values?

Wouldn't it be better for you to just talk to me than sit there and preach? How are you learning anything?

If you don't care to better understand people of other types (could also add backgrounds, beliefs, values, etc), then why are you even on here?

I'm all for a discussion. But if you just want to act morally self righteous, find a different audience.

Maybe it is simply the best way of presenting my ideas. In what better way am I meant to address something that offends my personal essence? You're not incapbale of further explaining what it is you meant to say in the first place.

Sil

This is a test.
Maybe it is simply the best way of presenting my ideas. In what better way am I meant to address something that offends my personal essence? You're not incapbale of further explaining what it is you meant to say in the first place.

Ehhhh.

I'm not looking to explain anything I wrote. I meant what I said and I don't think I need to clarify anything.

I'm suggesting if you have an inability to understand people like me (note, this is your inability, not mine), perhaps you should try engaging in a dialogue rather than throwing your morals around like chimp shit.

At the end of the day, my suggestion was about helping you. But it sounds like you just want to stay as you are. No worries, the world is big enough for the both of us.