User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 32

  1. #11
    Member Yeonhee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I believe socionics INTP = INTJ.

    If he's an SJ with F-dom...leave now. Run while you still have the strength! I'm just kidding.

    If he really is a XSFJ, then you are going to run into issues like this quite frequently. I've never met any SJ with a T-dom that were emotionally manipulative...they just don't do that sort of thing. They are way too straightforward for that kind of business and it wouldn't even occur to them.

    Here are some things that can snag: The love of debate may taken as a personal attack. Wanting someone to explain their reasoning or views on something may be construed as interrogation. If you are lucky, you can explain that this is just the way your mind operates and it is not personal--this is simply the way you reach an understanding of something AND that understanding something is vital to you. Hopefully, he will understand and you can reach a compromise without you getting frustrated and him taking things personally.

    Edit: Yes, this does help but it seems to be more useful for XSTJ. Works well with ENTJs, too. My ex is an ESFJ and it often seemed like he had an emotional attachment to doing things in a particular way and would take my attempts at innovation or not doing it 'his way' very personally. I had to explain that it came naturally to me and that I enjoyed it.

    It is a workable relationship...any type can be with any other type but you're going to have be aware of where the potential pitfalls are and the both of you willing to compromise. The emotional maturity of you both will play a large part of this.
    Haha. I speculate my relationship with SFJ's may have something to do with my father. It may be unconscious.

    I'm not sure about his F/T, honestly. His results always vary from ENTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ to ENFJ. It's quite bizarre. If anyone is interested in figuring out his type I'll provide some bit of information:

    -He's confident and self assured in almost everything he deals with. Very humorous, funny, jovial, blunt, crude, and a bit obnoxious at times.
    -He likes things planned and structured
    -He does not talk about emotions, but he likes to be physically affectionate
    -He's always preoccupied with some project, or in the general, always has to be doing something.
    -He is sensitive when it comes to emotions. He does not like conflict or confrontation.
    -He can be extremely logical and systematic.
    -He can delve into abstract conversations, but at some point, he shuts off and can't go beyond that or is simply not interested.
    -Whenever I observe him around people, he gets energized, his voice elevates, and I sense that he's trying to "dominate" the conversation.
    -Even though he enjoys being around his friends, he likes to have his alone time, mostly socializing on the internet, being part of a forum community with his hobbies, or playing video games with his friends.
    -He dislikes anything "pretentious"
    -He's very nurturing in terms of "taking care of things" and he pays attention to people's feelings. For instance, if his friend requests his time, he feels "bad" if he declined. It's a "promise" in his eyes. In other ways, he goes out of his way to accommodate based on his principles.
    -When we debate, we're fine, he just quickly shuts off.
    -When we're in a discussion about our relationship, he feels I'm personally attacking him when I'm trying to be objective. He treats me like I'm an enemy, it's bizarre. He can go into a fit or rage and be irrational in my eyes. He'll blow things out of proportion.

    In terms of our relationship, he wants me to do things with him, go out with his friends or just activities 1 on 1. I'm very much at home just reading, studying and thinking. When I enter a social event with him, I'm a bit cool headed and detached. He perceives this as "not trying enough", but says it's fine if it's just who I am. EDIT: However, he's still very much at home, as well. He just likes doing things with me.

  2. #12
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeonhee View Post
    I only have one ISTJ friend and he's pretty awesome. We can talk about complex issues together and it's never really been a problem. However, I can't say for relationships as that's an entirely different realm of being. Out of all the SJ's, I have a hard time dealing with ESFJ's so far (my father.)

    Out of curiosity, what type are you, IZ?
    I'm ISTJ- But it seems like I'm older than most SJs here. I'm 32. I just don't have this problem with communication/understanding others that many have here on this forum. Not that I get EVERYTHING the first time- considering that communication styles even within personalities are varied- but I'm a smart dude, come from a huge family and had a lot of experiences in life and work in a dymanic atmosphere where critical thinking and innovation are necessary or else face being in a rut.

    Why is the relationship thing out with the SITJ.

  3. #13
    Member Yeonhee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I'm ISTJ- But it seems like I'm older than most SJs here. I'm 32. I just don't have this problem with communication/understanding others that many have here on this forum. Not that I get EVERYTHING the first time- considering that communication styles even within personalities are varied- but I'm a smart dude, come from a huge family and had a lot of experiences in life and work in a dymanic atmosphere where critical thinking and innovation are necessary or else face being in a rut.

    Why is the relationship thing out with the SITJ.
    Jung demonstrated that we must "evolve" beyond our perceived types. You may just be an evolved and balanced ISTJ. I can very much relate to my NT profile, however, I try to develop my feeling function to grow as a person. I'm also terrible in the sensory realm and I admire those that can be efficient at it. This is one of the reasons why I'm attracted to my SO.

    "Why is the relationship thing out with the ISTJ" Care to elaborate?

  4. #14
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeonhee View Post
    Nailed it. I don't have this problem with NTJ's, but only with STJ/SFJ's. I sometimes feel as though my SO does not know who I am, just bases his judgment on what results I produce.
    A blindspot with Si perspectives is that if their experience has not taught them that there are 5000000000 ways to skin a cat, they can struggle with different ways of doing things.
    One thing that Pe-types can do, at least intially, is gain the SJ's trust and assurance that you are competent and have their interests at heart. This takes communication and action that is consistent, as an SJ (well at least me) pays attention to both and looks for anything that doesn't jive. As a Te male, I've noticed that F types (males and females), when speaking from an feelings based perspective, may not have that consistency. That doesn't mean that they are liars, LOL. I just have to change my approach. But that trust is important.

    But you are an INTP womn, so for your particular situation, where he is interested in results, you are comfortable with getting comfortable with the idea and taking things come what may.
    My request to whoever comes here lookin for advice is to remember it's a 2 way street.

    I noticed you say you imagine that it irritates him as well. Introverts can sometimes come to conclusion on things, never validate it, and let that chart the course. Make sure you are expressing this. If they care, they'll learn to work it out.

    Like Redbone said
    For me, it came down to a giving a logical and brief explanation on my decisions and maintaining a firm stance on it. Most will say (especially if they care about you) it's not THE WAY but if it works and gets results then it's okay.
    instead of asserting your independence and all that, try this approach. It might get them off your back.

    Hope this helps.

  5. #15
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeonhee View Post
    Jung demonstrated that we must "evolve" beyond our perceived types. You may just be an evolved and balanced ISTJ. I can very much relate to my NT profile, however, I try to develop my feeling function to grow as a person. I'm also terrible in the sensory realm and I admire those that can be efficient at it. This is one of the reasons why I'm attracted to my SO.

    "Why is the relationship thing out with the ISTJ" Care to elaborate?
    My attraction to NPs are their use of abstraction and the flextibility factor, the things that don't come to me as naturally as an SJ. There are definitely pain points in both friendships and relationships. So I feel you. What worked for me was not to embrace the differences, have an open mind, and all that.

    My last statement was based on your statement about your ISTJ boy- you can discuss stuff but there's no potential for an relationship. Why?

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    The tedium and vexation ESTJ's have put me through is unrivalled by any type I've encountered so far, for me they demonstrate the very definition of a closed-off rationality without any level of intellectual touch.

  7. #17
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeonhee View Post
    Haha. I speculate my relationship with SFJ's may have something to do with my father. It may be unconscious.

    I'm not sure about his F/T, honestly. His results always vary from ENTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ to ENFJ. It's quite bizarre. If anyone is interested in figuring out his type I'll provide some bit of information:

    -He's confident and self assured in almost everything he deals with. Very humorous, funny, jovial, blunt, crude, and a bit obnoxious at times.
    -He likes things planned and structured
    -He does not talk about emotions, but he likes to be physically affectionate
    -He's always preoccupied with some project, or in the general, always has to be doing something.
    -He is sensitive when it comes to emotions. He does not like conflict or confrontation.
    -He can be extremely logical and systematic.
    -He can delve into abstract conversations, but at some point, he shuts off and can't go beyond that or is simply not interested.
    -Whenever I observe him around people, he gets energized, his voice elevates, and I sense that he's trying to "dominate" the conversation.
    -Even though he enjoys being around his friends, he likes to have his alone time, mostly socializing on the internet, being part of a forum community with his hobbies, or playing video games with his friends.
    -He dislikes anything "pretentious"
    -He's very nurturing in terms of "taking care of things" and he pays attention to people's feelings. For instance, if his friend requests his time, he feels "bad" if he declined. It's a "promise" in his eyes. In other ways, he goes out of his way to accommodate based on his principles.
    -When we debate, we're fine, he just quickly shuts off.
    -When we're in a discussion about our relationship, he feels I'm personally attacking him when I'm trying to be objective. He treats me like I'm an enemy, it's bizarre. He can go into a fit or rage and be irrational in my eyes. He'll blow things out of proportion.

    In terms of our relationship, he wants me to do things with him, go out with his friends or just activities 1 on 1. I'm very much at home just reading, studying and thinking. When I enter a social event with him, I'm a bit cool headed and detached. He perceives this as "not trying enough", but says it's fine if it's just who I am. EDIT: However, he's still very much at home, as well. He just likes doing things with me.
    Sounds like ESTJ, althought the N/S function, to me, is hardest to identify based on descriptions, as people see what they want to see.
    If you stack the functions, he's Fi inferior, which means he is least comfortable with that part of himself. Like you mentioned, he doesn't discuss feelings. He feels bad about not being able to do things for people. He's not confrontational and can take things personally....all those things ring Fi. I think the sure way to tell, though, is to pay attention to his execution style. It soulds like the way he treats you is more Te like.

  8. #18
    Member Yeonhee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    My attraction to NPs are their use of abstraction and the flextibility factor, the things that don't come to me as naturally as an SJ. There are definitely pain points in both friendships and relationships. So I feel you. What worked for me was not to embrace the differences, have an open mind, and all that.

    My last statement was based on your statement about your ISTJ boy- you can discuss stuff but there's no potential for an relationship. Why?
    I have no sexual attraction to him. I have friends I can communicate intellectually with but it's extremely hard for me to be attracted to someone. It's not about potential, it's about a conscious thought or feeling over a person. I can have potential with you or with anyone I meet, but it does not say for certainty I will want it. It's a bit of mystery.

  9. #19
    Member Yeonhee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Sounds like ESTJ, althought the N/S function, to me, is hardest to identify based on descriptions, as people see what they want to see.
    If you stack the functions, he's Fi inferior, which means he is least comfortable with that part of himself. Like you mentioned, he doesn't discuss feelings. He feels bad about not being able to do things for people. He's not confrontational and can take things personally....all those things ring Fi. I think the sure way to tell, though, is to pay attention to his execution style. It soulds like the way he treats you is more Te like.
    His execution style is: Direct. He likes to control and direct things in a systematic way. He won't sugarcoat the "truth" for you.

  10. #20
    Member Yeonhee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    A blindspot with Si perspectives is that if their experience has not taught them that there are 5000000000 ways to skin a cat, they can struggle with different ways of doing things.
    One thing that Pe-types can do, at least intially, is gain the SJ's trust and assurance that you are competent and have their interests at heart. This takes communication and action that is consistent, as an SJ (well at least me) pays attention to both and looks for anything that doesn't jive. As a Te male, I've noticed that F types (males and females), when speaking from an feelings based perspective, may not have that consistency. That doesn't mean that they are liars, LOL. I just have to change my approach. But that trust is important.

    But you are an INTP womn, so for your particular situation, where he is interested in results, you are comfortable with getting comfortable with the idea and taking things come what may.
    My request to whoever comes here lookin for advice is to remember it's a 2 way street.

    I noticed you say you imagine that it irritates him as well. Introverts can sometimes come to conclusion on things, never validate it, and let that chart the course. Make sure you are expressing this. If they care, they'll learn to work it out.

    Like Redbone said
    instead of asserting your independence and all that, try this approach. It might get them off your back.

    Hope this helps.
    I understand what you're saying and I'll implement that. He just wants me to have a detailed plan and let him know in advance. I'm quite absent minded so it's a conscious effort for me.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Music and INTP's
    By m32 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 05:08 AM
  2. [ESTJ] ESTJs: criticism and imagination.
    By JediM05 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 11:05 PM
  3. [INTP] Bad trips and INTPs ?
    By Nihilen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO