User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Default ISFJs, frequently confused with being a snob?

Myself and a few buddies were drinking when one of them blurted out that I was very subtle with my emotions, stating that a lot of people who didn't know me probably thought I was a snob.

I guess they're right. I'm not a fan of displaying a lot of emotions, especially around those who are not immediate family.

Could just be an insecurity of mine.

Anyone else have thoughts?
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I wouldn't call any ISFJ I've known snobbish. I'd call them uptight maybe, but not snobbish.

Epiphany

The only ISFJ I know for sure does come acrossed as a snob. I think he truly is one.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    The only ISFJ I know for sure does come acrossed as a snob. I think he truly is one.
    Same. I had the guy as a superior too... sucked. The other ISFJs I have known seem to have had a superiority complex with how they view issues. So yeah, snobbish or uptight vibe in general.

EDIT: Another thought is that the ISFJs I've actually gotten close to haven't acted this way toward me. So maybe their social in group isn't treated like that, or they hold that part of themselves back? I've noticed the discrepancies too... (also with INFJs, but in a different way)
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I can be, definitely, particularly when it's about a subject or thing that I feel very strongly about it. Our arrogance is not the showy, cocky kind like a rock star or a corporate executive... but the cold, condescending glare of the director or teacher.

Usually someone though calls me on my bullshit or when I'm acting like a jackass so it balances out.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ‚Äē Woodrow Wilson

I've noticed that ISxJ's generally tend to do the whole thing where you divide humanity into "people I trust/respect" and "people I don't". The first group sees the real you, the emotions, the real opinions and all that, whilst the second just gets the receptionist, if you know what I mean?
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    I've noticed that ISxJ's generally tend to do the whole thing where you divide humanity into "people I trust/respect" and "people I don't". The first group sees the real you, the emotions, the real opinions and all that, whilst the second just gets the receptionist, if you know what I mean?
    I do this, and the peolpe in the second category FAR outweigh the people in the first category. Even with the peolpe I do interract with (category 1) I still don't easily share things/thoughts with. With regard to being a snob, people mistake the fact that I'm not interested with them or don't "connect" with them that I'm better than them. It's their perception and bless them for having it. It's interesting how this can be thought of, as in the OP, as a possible insecurity. I think it's a sign of a secure personality.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

MBTI
    ISFJ

You think not being interested in people or not connecting with them is a sign of a secure personality?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know a snobby ISFJ, but he's mainly snobby about aesthetic things, and in reality I wouldn't consider him any worse than me.

INTJs are much worse.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    You think not being interested in people or not connecting with them is a sign of a secure personality?
    I see not needing to be interested in them or connecting with them to validate one's self as such, yes.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...