• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] How often you change your avatar?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I just noticed that my avatar is probably as old as my account here is. I noted that some people change their avatars quite often, mostly to reflect their current mood.

Well, I'm not reflecting my mood through avatar. It's my personality that is being reflected there, and that's why I don't want to change it. It's also kind of identity thing. I want people to associate me with the avatar, and changing that would just confuse people, even make them forget me. Can't have that, now can I? ;)

So, how often you SJs change your avatars, and for what reasons? And what do make of other people's avatar changing behaviours?

(I should reading for an exam... not posting random questions on board...)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I haven't been here very long but I haven't changed mine. I rarely do. I have other forums where my avatar has remained the same for 4-5 years.

You can just get used to seeing this panda, because he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I never have because this is my favourite picture of Sherlock Holmes, who is of course my second personality who comes out every time I smoke a pipe.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I love to take pictures so I change my avatar fairly regularly to reflect the season. Also, I can't figure out how to upload pictures to messages so this is the only way that I can share my pictures with all of you here at Typology Central.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I change my avatar frequently, about once every 2-3 weeks. In fact the title of this thread prompted me to want to change my avatar again. I'm on several different forums, all with different avatars. I like variety.

I think NPs are more inclined to frequently change their avatar and SJs the least so although I know many exceptions to this rule.

Which types are most likely to not have an avatar at all would you say?

rav3n

Constantly changing avatar. Externalities are pretty meaningless, including naming conventions.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I don't but for an odd reason...I am in advertising and design and branding is part of my job. I feel like I have created a brand (all be it MySpace cheesy according to some here...lol) and I am sticking to it! I will re-brand when the time is right :)~

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I change it because I have not found one that I like enough to keep forever yet. I am looking.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think i've only changed mine 5 times since i joined .. There is no particular reason why i change it other than i've seen something i like and enjoy it.

I don't pay a lot of attention to peoples names on here so associate them with their avatars .. so change it and i'm in a pickle.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Never.

I like this one. Also, in the thread where TypoC users psychoanalyze your avatar, they psychoanalyze me instead.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
every so often, though I might end up with this one forever since every time I change it people are sad :laugh:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I never changed it so far, but I am currently thinking about doing so in the next time. But only if I find something fitting.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was talking to kelric there :newwink:

I've had a variety of avatars, though I've stuck with this one for a while... I used to have snowey from the tintin comics as my avatar for a good while :cheese:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I change it whenever I see something that might be cool to put as one.

The only thing is most of the time I'm posting while at work, and for some reason it never works here. Unless I remember to do it when I'm home, It doesn't change.