User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default How often you change your avatar?

I just noticed that my avatar is probably as old as my account here is. I noted that some people change their avatars quite often, mostly to reflect their current mood.

Well, I'm not reflecting my mood through avatar. It's my personality that is being reflected there, and that's why I don't want to change it. It's also kind of identity thing. I want people to associate me with the avatar, and changing that would just confuse people, even make them forget me. Can't have that, now can I?

So, how often you SJs change your avatars, and for what reasons? And what do make of other people's avatar changing behaviours?

(I should reading for an exam... not posting random questions on board...)
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I haven't been here very long but I haven't changed mine. I rarely do. I have other forums where my avatar has remained the same for 4-5 years.

You can just get used to seeing this panda, because he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I never have because this is my favourite picture of Sherlock Holmes, who is of course my second personality who comes out every time I smoke a pipe.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I love to take pictures so I change my avatar fairly regularly to reflect the season. Also, I can't figure out how to upload pictures to messages so this is the only way that I can share my pictures with all of you here at Typology Central.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I change my avatar frequently, about once every 2-3 weeks. In fact the title of this thread prompted me to want to change my avatar again. I'm on several different forums, all with different avatars. I like variety.

I think NPs are more inclined to frequently change their avatar and SJs the least so although I know many exceptions to this rule.

Which types are most likely to not have an avatar at all would you say?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Never

Constantly changing avatar. Externalities are pretty meaningless, including naming conventions.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I don't but for an odd reason...I am in advertising and design and branding is part of my job. I feel like I have created a brand (all be it MySpace cheesy according to some here...lol) and I am sticking to it! I will re-brand when the time is right ~
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I change it because I have not found one that I like enough to keep forever yet. I am looking.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I think i've only changed mine 5 times since i joined .. There is no particular reason why i change it other than i've seen something i like and enjoy it.

I don't pay a lot of attention to peoples names on here so associate them with their avatars .. so change it and i'm in a pickle.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe