User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by ohkaasa View Post
    Regarding the sensing, well if personal conflict could mean depression and starting to learn how to handle it, that could be it? i have been a lot depressed since entering adulthood (i am 32 now) I think much of it has to do with my strong need to be needed... And that i have to learn not to have such high expectations from the ones i care about in that area.
    I once read an article that divided people in four categories based on their dominant neurotransmitter (or something). Also, each of these categories seemed to have a distinct personality preferences. It was almost like they were groups of NFs, NTs, SJs and SPs. The dominant neurotransmitter for SJ group was serotonine, which in turn is often related to depression. Therefore, one could make a assumption that SJs have tendency to feel depressed more often than any other type.

I too suffer from depression. Or suffered, however you want to put that (since in my opinion depression will always be part of your life, you just learn to live with it). It was at it's worst some years ago when I had to take leave from studying and working for a year.

What I know of ISFJs (my mother was one, and my girlfriend is too (And what does that say about me then? ), some other people too...), they enjoy being in a role of a supporter. If they consider you as close friend, they'll never judge you. However, they do judge other people a lot, quietly. Should someone offend them, they say nothing... but are hurt inside. They often tend to expect people to behave in a certain way they deem to be acceptable. As they are usually humble and quiet, they dislike flashy person such as Class Clown or Superstar. I personally feel that their their greatest flaw is their inability to tell others what they like and dislike, and make others respect that. That's why they earned the nickname "doormat". However, for their benefit I must say that world would be so much better if there were only ISFJs. They just want to get along with everyone, and often do. I envy their ability to connect with people (not in flashy ENFP way, but in a way that everyone considers them trustable and honest). We ISTJ are honest when it's our duty, but ISFJs are honest because they just are saint-like.

But these are just my own subjective opinions of the ISFJs I've known.

And welcome to the boards, we kinda lack ISFJs here
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I once read an article that divided people in four categories based on their dominant neurotransmitter (or something). Also, each of these categories seemed to have a distinct personality preferences. It was almost like they were groups of NFs, NTs, SJs and SPs. The dominant neurotransmitter for SJ group was serotonine, which in turn is often related to depression. Therefore, one could make a assumption that SJs have tendency to feel depressed more often than any other type.
    Well i have just started on some SSRI meds, so if the personality i have actually has a "problem" with the seratonine levels, it will be very interesting so see how they work.

I find looking into this personality thing very interesting, because i feel i can understand more of who i am, and not at least understand my wife more, she actually is the same personality as you, ISTJ. I cant exactly remember her scores, but i think they were in the thirties on every level.

We are a good fit, on almost every level, except the level of giving and receiving affection. I need a lot (both give and receive), she dont. I have a hard time accepting that But i think i am beginning to understand it more now. Fortunately we communicate very well, otherwise it would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    They just want to get along with everyone, and often do. I envy their ability to connect with people (not in flashy ENFP way, but in a way that everyone considers them trustable and honest). We ISTJ are honest when it's our duty, but ISFJs are honest because they just are saint-like
    Well, i am not exactly a saint, but i am honest, as long as i dont hurt people

This seems to be a very nice and helpful forum by the way