• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Liberal SJs

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
The problem with that is the assumption that everything that isn't traditional is progress. I can't think of anything more foolhardy.

I'm not using progress to connotate something positive, but rather simply a difference from a previous state. There are many examples of a progress (in the sense of time going forwards) which resulted in a more "negative" state for a given population.

I think the flood is progress and the house is the old/traditional way.

Yeah, right. Sometimes the flood isn't even that bad and everything returns exactly the same way, without any actions. In these cases, acting creates more problems than does good.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The problem with that is the assumption that everything that isn't traditional is progress. I can't think of anything more foolhardy.

Yeah that's true. All swaying from the traditional is digression, but not necessarily progression.

+2 points for using the word foolhardy.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well, I'm very religious, but not a fundamentalist.
I believe in evolution being taught at schools.
I'm against the death penalty.
I'm anti abortion.
I support the 2nd Amendment.
I'm for healthcare reform.
I want stricter welfare.
I'm economically moderate.

Maybe I lean a little liberal, but the spectrum of left to right is very wide.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SJs without more than a passing interest in politics, I've found, are affected by prevailing, media-driven culture. Every single one that I know accepts center-left positions with a resigned shrug -- because, you know, it was on the news.

This is what people do regardless of type when they are not much interested in politics. I find that location (metro city vs. rural area) is more of a indicator of their influences and what political direction they will tend to take. I think it's generally true what 'whatever' mentioned about ISFJ's often just going along with whatever their closest loved ones believe in.

Although I live in an overwhelmingly liberal county and region of the U.S. I consider myself conservative, or more specifically, right of center.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Right wing conservative here... :yes: ...even though I live in NY. :(

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it has more to do with upbringing and whatever that leads them to believe is "traditional"; an SJ raised in a very liberal environment will likely be staunchly liberal.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I'm conservative. Part of that has to do with my religious views. And, honestly, part of it has to do with being brought up in a conservative home, specifically raised by an INFP mother.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm more liberal, but then again I was raised in a more liberal environment.

I think it has more to do with upbringing and whatever that leads them to believe is "traditional"; an SJ raised in a very liberal environment will likely be staunchly liberal.

Good point.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I'm more liberal, but then again I was raised in a more liberal environment.

Good point.

Yeah, seems like if the rules you were brought up with are "you have to treat people equally, you have to be respectful of people not like you (even if you're not), the government is the best way to solve problems for everyone, war is wrong, rich people will exploit poor people which is wrong, your rights are the most important things, people don't need guns in the city (that juxtaposition can cause problems depending on how you define right), greed is bad, people who always ask for tax cuts are greedy and trying to take advantage of you, etc..." that you'd end up liberal.