User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Liberal SJs

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    You, sir, are a NERD.
    I know, I know.

Well I'm a ISTJ and also a veteran of OIF. I think of myself more of a moderate when it comes to politics. For this election I will be voting Democratic because John McCain does not fully support the veterans. He voted three times against VA medical care funding. Most importantly he refused to support the new GI Bill and was opposed against it. When President bush finally passed the bill after talking against it, he then gave McCain the credit which was 100% BS.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think the social leftism comes from the SJ focus on justice and fairness.
    No one would say they're against justice or fairness. The terms can mean completely different things to different people.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Right-wing SJ women, come out of the shadows and unite with me!

*crickets chirping*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    No one would say they're against justice or fairness. The terms can mean completely different things to different people.
    Okay, that was NOT what I said. Everyone believes that they're for justice and fairness, no matter what side of the political spectrum they're on.

... which just made me change my mind. I've now decided that SJs can be liberal or conservative, but whichever one they are, they're PASSIONATE about it. They aren't going to change their party, and they aren't going to change their value system, because of what I said about justice and fairness. Liberal SJs might be passionate about minority rights because aspects of that issue (let's say they believe that the lack of gay marriage rights in America is unconstitutional) spark their need for laws to be fair. SJs are almost always going to find something in government that's unfair, and that's probably going to be the one aspect of it that they fight against. (so far as I know, SJs have never understood the idea of "rebel without a cause".) This could just be me (ESTJ) and none of the other SJs, so let me know if I'm way off base.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, that was NOT what I said. Everyone believes that they're for justice and fairness, no matter what side of the political spectrum they're on.

... which just made me change my mind. I've now decided that SJs can be liberal or conservative, but whichever one they are, they're PASSIONATE about it. They aren't going to change their party, and they aren't going to change their value system, because of what I said about justice and fairness. Liberal SJs might be passionate about minority rights because aspects of that issue (let's say they believe that the lack of gay marriage rights in America is unconstitutional) spark their need for laws to be fair. SJs are almost always going to find something in government that's unfair, and that's probably going to be the one aspect of it that they fight against. (so far as I know, SJs have never understood the idea of "rebel without a cause".) This could just be me (ESTJ) and none of the other SJs, so let me know if I'm way off base.
    Exactly.
    I was about to spell the thing out.. but you did it so much better.

I do hope you stay in the forum.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    The type descriptions portray SJs as conservative, traditional and from a USian perspective very Republican. When I was a Christian I held the usual fundy conservative positions. After deconverting I reevaluated everything and now on a one dimensional US political spectrum I'm mostly a lefty.

Im curious about how SJs go about holding liberal ideals and such.
    I think that this may be overrated. The only person that I have ever discussed type with in detail was ISTJ. She was quite liberal on some things, but conservative on others. Take these Political Affiliations for what they're worth. However as an ISTP I have always viewed myself as a Centrist which is reflected in the stats.

MBTI
    ENTP

No, I more or less agree with what you've "now decided".
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yes, this is very true for me. I am a liberal, and in my case it's because my family depended a lot on government progams when I was growing up because my parents had low-paying jobs. So I tend to have a knee-jerk reaction toward any kind of conservatism in that specific area.

I can get really stupidly reactive about it: "Take away food stamps and poor children will STARVE!!"

I'm able to stay calm unless something specific triggers me and I just lose all rationality.

And being a "rebel without a cause" just seems like self-indulgence to me.
    6w5sp/sx

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What do you think ? Too asslike ?

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]