User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Liberal SJs

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I think it depends on what you consider conservative or liberal. For example, there are economic conservatives/liberals, social conservatives/liberals, etc.

Personally, my philosophy is not completely conservative or liberal.

Furthermore, some people would consider it very liberal to adhere to certain ideals - some would consider it conservative.

I like to take things on a case-by-case basis.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I think it depends on what you consider conservative or liberal. For example, there are economic conservatives/liberals, social conservatives/liberals, etc.

Personally, my philosophy is not completely conservative or liberal.

Furthermore, some people would consider it very liberal to adhere to certain ideals - some would consider it conservative.

I like to take things on a case-by-case basis.
    My take was most people meant Democrat-like. I did, anyway.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    My take was most people meant Democrat-like. I did, anyway.
    I'm not an SPD freak, if that is what you mean. Also not a CDU freak. Actually there is hardly any party I like...they are all weird and all make promises they cannot/do not intend to keep.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm not an SPD freak, if that is what you mean. Also not a CDU freak. Actually there is hardly any party I like...they are all weird and all make promises they cannot/do not intend to keep.
    I kinda dig the Free Democrats for Germany.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I kinda dig the Free Democrats for Germany.
    Yes, okay, but they have some pretty weird ideas, too. Have to admit I like the thing with lower taxes, though. Paying 50% taxes really blows.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Every SJ I know is a liberal. At least, socially so. I could see them leaning to the right economically. I think the social leftism comes from the SJ focus on justice and fairness. WE WANT EQUALITY! Of course, I could be horrifically wrong. I don't know enough SJs.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I am a conservative SJ.

Sniffles

What exactly do you mean by Liberals? Much of what we consider "conservatives" in America could acurately be termed Classical Liberals while "liberals" are Social Democrats.

There's also the difference between Conservative(as in principles) and conservative(as in general instinct). Same with Liberal and liberal.

When I think of a "Conservative", I have in mind men like Edmund Burke, Joesph de Maistre, John Calhoun, Russell Kirk, etc.

In many ways I could be considered a Revolutionary Conservative; although I have reservations about the term.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    What exactly do you mean by Liberals? Much of what we consider "conservatives" in America could acurately be termed Classical Liberals while "liberals" are Social Democrats.

There's also the difference between Conservative(as in principles) and conservative(as in general instinct). Same with Liberal and liberal.

When I think of a "Conservative", I have in mind men like Edmund Burke, Joesph de Maistre, John Calhoun, Russell Kirk, etc.

In many ways I could be considered a Revolutionary Conservative; although I have reservations about the term.
    You, sir, are a NERD. But in a good way. I may be a liberal democrat, but I have huge respect for conservatives like Eisenhower.

When I say liberal and conservative, I usually mean socially. E.g. liberals support gay rights and a woman's right to choose. Not sure about what the creator of this forum meant, though.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I'm a left-leaning centrist. I tend to vote Democrat and am registered as one. It is funny. All of the people that I know that are SJs are hard-core Republicans, although I do live in OC. That might be why.