User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Default Are SJ's into Tattoo's more than other types?

For some reason I associate SJ with being into tattoos more than other types. While I think this is a more sensory experience in general I tend to also associate NJ's as liking having tatoo's more than NP's and SP's.

I know an ISTJ friend and she has tattoos. I asked her about it and she told me her history surrounding them and it was more than a bit sad. Then I notice my SP friends don't really have tattoos. I knew an INFJ friend who got a tattoo too.

I would like to know if SJ's like having tattoos more than others.

And if you have tattoos would you explain the decision behind getting a tattoo and what tattoos mean to you?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm more into piercings than tattoos.

The permanent nature of tattoos scares me, and it makes me hesitant to get one. I have a drawing I did myself that I have wanted a tattoo of for 6 years. And when I finish Grad school I want to get a strand of DNA tattoo'd on myself. (Genetics major). But as of right now... No tattoos.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

my ISTJ doesnt like my tattoos, he doesnt understand tattoos. He finds them illogical and 'pointless'. Keeping in mind, his family members dont have tattoos, so that could be an influence, he wasn't always around people who have them. I asked him if he had to get one what would it be, he didnt like the hypothetical question, but he said he if had to, it would be something spiritual.

he also isnt into piercings either. again, not seeing a logical point, "Why do you have to express yourself in THAT way...?"

I wanted to get my belly button done, but he views it as 'slutty' hahaha sometimes his views crack me up

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm more into piercings than tattoos.

The permanent nature of tattoos scares me, and it makes me hesitant to get one. I have a drawing I did myself that I have wanted a tattoo of for 6 years. And when I finish Grad school I want to get a strand of DNA tattoo'd on myself. (Genetics major). But as of right now... No tattoos.
    So wait there's a pattern, okay not enough for a pattern yet but.

Would SJ's be into piercings more often than tattoos or both, then SP's is my next thought.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have neither tattoos nor piercings, nor would I ever want any. I would think IJs in general would be unlikely to have get such things. We are not prone to throwing ourselves into things with irreversible consequences, especially when they serve little purpose.

To be honest with you, I would have suspect that NPs and SPs are the types most likely to indulge in body modification, not the least.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LSI

I like tattoos, piercings not so much. One or two is enough though; i've never understood how some people can have almost their entire body covered in them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I have three tattoos. I love them, but I made sure to get them in a place where I could easily cover them up. Nobody sees my tattoos unless I want them seen...Or unless I go swimming.

The only piercings I have are in my ears.... I don't take well to piercings though, they get infected really easily no matter how well I clean it and treat it.

Enneagram
    6w5

I hate tattoos and think they should be banned.
    phobic 6w5 sp/so/sx (tri-type: 6w5/1w9/4w5)
    Fi-ESI

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinist777 View Post
    I hate tattoos and think they should be banned.

I can understand not wanting one yourself... But... Are you suggesting that they be made illegal? For what reason? Has a tattoo on another person ever caused you harm?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Enneagram
    6w5

I'm a prude and I think tattoos are immodest mutilations of one's body. I think they're just very distasteful , but I've kinda got a draconian mindset.
    phobic 6w5 sp/so/sx (tri-type: 6w5/1w9/4w5)
    Fi-ESI