User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    This is a strange association you have there, bro. No offense.

I would honestly imagine that tattoos are more of an SP (aesthetic and experential reasons) and ENxP (self-expression and spontaneity reasons) thing.

I can see how tats could be SJ, though, if you were around very young SJs that grew up at the tail end of generation X, or more so gen Y and Z, and were surrounded by the tattoo trend and therefore participated because it was the "in" thing to do...a behavior that's about immature SJ conformity more than anything else.
    Well I always thought that strong value placement as an association to want to express history through body art would be a strong judging quality. I don't think its about immature, more that there is great value in expressing their experience this way. Like a badge of honour, in this instance like a tattoo that tells their story.

And then I wanted to find out how much stock there is in this idea by asking.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I'm INFP and have 7 tattoo's, scarification and 9 piercings. As my first body mod was done over 15 years ago, well before the current 'trend', i'd have to say that I have them because i enjoy their aesthetic, rather than it being an 'in' thing, which i what is happening so often atm.
    Well that defies the trend. How meaningful are the tattoo's for you? Is there a story behind wanting to have tattoos? How did you decide you wanted to have tattoos and piercings? How did your intuition and feelings decide in wanting to have the tattoos you have and are you satisfied by them?

MBTI
    ISTJ

None of either...but I am struck by reading the posts that they are "meaningful" (e.g. events in one's life, etc.) - it made me think about the purpose of memories and the function they serve: but that is digressing from the OP.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Well that defies the trend. How meaningful are the tattoo's for you? Is there a story behind wanting to have tattoos? How did you decide you wanted to have tattoos and piercings? How did your intuition and feelings decide in wanting to have the tattoos you have and are you satisfied by them?
    One has no meaning at all, i got it in between classes at uni when i was 18, pretty much to see how much it hurt.... It's an Ankh on my lower abdomen.
    The rest all have meanings and or/reasoning behind them.

The other ones come from pet names from people and reflect events in my life as i've grown. Probably the one that has the most meaning is one i got just after getting out of an incredibly abusive relationship when i was about 27 and ties into both my love of history and literature.

The piercings are a bit more of pure aesthetic and "whim", most of them will be removed once i leave uni again and change work environments.

My scarifications probably hold he most meaning and the imagery behind them tie into personal and emotional growth, through their own inherent symbolism and what they mean to me.

Sooo... i guess, my feelings and intuition drove the majority of the modification i have on my body, nearly everything has meaning and a story behind it and hold personal significance. I am happy/satisfied with all bar the one i first got "just to see how much it hurt".

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Banned
    MBTI
    ISJ

tattoos. gotta have em. arms. back. chest.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I think I read a statistic somewhere that SPs were the most common type to have tattoos. And that would make sense. Se and all. You know it's attracted to cool and pretty things, and living in the moment.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I want one. Still working out the kinks on what.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have about 3 more planned, I'd love to get a half sleeve, but I like that the ones I have now are easy to hide and as such, I am not defined by my body art and modifications... Damn being sensible!

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I don't see it as a J thing. There are potential long-term effects on career progress and dermal beauty during the golden years. And stereotypically, the SJs would fret about the possibility of catching AIDS from the needle or through the filthy parlor chairs.

Of the people I know of with tattoos, it's nearly always been SPs. I was about to get one of a checkmate on a corner of a chessboard on my lower back, but reconsidered.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    So wait there's a pattern, okay not enough for a pattern yet but.

Would SJ's be into piercings more often than tattoos or both, then SP's is my next thought.
    I bloody hate tattoos and most piercings. I think I might be rather embarrassed at first once my mom gets the one she's planning. I know not why.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."