User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinist777 View Post
    I'm a prude and I think tattoos are immodest mutilations of one's body.
    Well, who has the time for modesty these days anyway.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think SJs are probably less into tattoos than other types. SJs tend to be more conservative and professional appearance wise.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by suchirony View Post
    I think SJs are probably less into tattoos than other types. SJs tend to be more conservative and professional appearance wise.
    Hence why my tattoos are not visible during working hours.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by suchirony View Post
    Wah, I dunno. I would of thought its more like expressing the history on their body? Its like my ISTJ friend she did it to signify certain things in her life so she puts them there as a value statement, nothing too fancy or noticeable like extreme.

This mightn't be true for SJ's in general. And While I understand the conservative and such, there are extremes too I guess. Then who is more inclined to enjoy getting tattoos? SP?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    Hence why my tattoos are not visible during working hours.
    Its a personal choice I see and during working hours wouldn't be noticeable much I'd gather. What was the decision behind your tattoos?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Its a personal choice I see and during working hours wouldn't be noticeable much I'd gather. What was the decision behind your tattoos?
    I've had three cats that really meant a lot to me over my lifetime. I have one tattoo for each of them. Lower neck (it's covered easily by a t-shirt), and one on each shoulder blade.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I know an SJ who uses tattoos to remind her of some periods of her life. I don't know if it means that she took them originally with that idea or if that's what she says now. Couple of SPs took tattoes, but I don't really know if they have much other meaning than decoration. At least they haven't mentioned.

I am quite sure I wouldn't take a tattoo, since if I would it would have to be something important, like a statement, but I doubt that I will think that strongly about anything. It seems like a big decision to have it there always.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If we're stereotyping, I'd say it's an SP thing. As an NP, tattoos are waaaay too permanent, and I foresee not liking it in the future very easily. Too much commitment (I have other reasons also, like respecting the body, just not my style, etc).

Unfortunately, some SPs don't make decisions with a lot of forethought. My ESFP sister hates tattoos and she still managed to get one. Why? Because the guy offered to give her a free tattoo valued at $300 and it sounded like such a deal in the moment.

I actually DO see a lot of SJs with tattoos. They are pretty accepted in the mainstream now, and it seems some SJs see it as a way to commemorate something. It does seem they may be more prudent in deciding where to place them, recognizing there are some situations in which their tattoo can make a negative impression.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Unfortunately, some SPs don't make decisions with a lot of forethought. My ESFP sister hates tattoos and she still managed to get one. Why? Because the guy offered to give her a free tattoo valued at $300 and it sounded like such a deal in the moment.
    Well, a good deal is a good deal, no matter how you slice it...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i would've guessed it as a more stereotypical SP thing too, though in truth a J is probably much better at making a long-term decision like getting a tattoo.

i personally have a discreet back tattoo, and part of its significance for me is that i was able to make a decision about something permanent. long-term decisions generally freak me out and i suck at them, so my tattoo isn't even just about the design, but about the decision itself too. i still waver in how i feel about it on a week-to-week basis but overall i'm very happy about it.

anyway, my mom's an ESFJ and she will admire well-done tattoos on others, but i don't believe she would ever get one herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinist777 View Post
    I'm a prude and I think tattoos are immodest mutilations of one's body. I think they're just very distasteful , but I've kinda got a draconian mindset.
    hey, at least you're honest about it.