User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISFJ

Just wanted to add...with Ne, what matters most are the questions, not the answers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Lao View Post
    Why
    It basically stems down to "innate preferences". There is a reason why we have built-in inclinations, and simply rejecting inclination would mean rejecting your natural self. A 'self-hate' can develop and 'internal clash' begins.

that said, I don't know what your type is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I think developing one's inferior is a worthwhile endeavor.
    Developing our Inferior is actually necessary, but trying to lead a life that immensely relies on our Inferior is a separate endeavor. The rat shouldn't carry what an elephant must.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Just wanted to add...with Ne, what matters most are the questions, not the answers.
    It's an interesting idea but what kind of questions? All types?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

How far can N be improved?
    When you go crazy, you have improved it too far.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Developing our Inferior is actually necessary, but trying to lead a life that immensely relies on our Inferior is a separate endeavor. The rat shouldn't carry what an elephant must.
    I agree. But it's up to Lao to figure out when too much is too much and to figure out how unwilling to rely on his inferior he really is. He asked for help on how to do something and I think we ought to provide it to him.

Since he is an ISTJ, I'm sure he will grow tired of this idea after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    It's an interesting idea but what kind of questions? All types?
    Yes. The way I see it Ne asks 20 questions to get to one answer. Si asks one or two and falls back on the answers that worked in the past, more often than not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Have you ever been overwhelmed with emotions at some point in your life? Anger, Sadness, Desperation, Loss, Grief, Excitement, Thrill, Satisfaction, etc?? Many things can cause these emotions: death, hurt, deception, betrayal.. the list goes on. If so, remember that small specific moment of losing control. (Not having the ability to be completely stable) I know you ISTj's are great with stress, but not 'inhuman'. Once you figure out what made you feel that way, explore the reasons. Something has to give you thrill? Over-indulge in it. Feel completely 'out of touch' with the practical, everyday structured routine. Lose yourself in the moment. I believe then, you will discover your iNtuition. I have a ISTj bf and the only time he's intuitive (from what I have seen) is when he thinks I'm gone. Now that's a negative example there are positive ones but the point is- the Specific Circumstance forced him out of his easy going practical world. And he was all emotion. When you are left with nothing, you still have your instincts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

P.S. What does that have to do with your specific quest?

It opens your mind for interpretation. You truly only block yourself, from looking into the unknown blindly. Let your subconscious travel and let the conscious mind rest.

Peaceful places of solitude or with an Ne can relax your mind and guide you.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie2 View Post
    Have you ever been overwhelmed with emotions at some point in your life? Anger, Sadness, Desperation, Loss, Grief, Excitement, Thrill, Satisfaction, etc?? Many things can cause these emotions: death, hurt, deception, betrayal.. the list goes on. If so, remember that small specific moment of losing control. (Not having the ability to be completely stable) I know you ISTj's are great with stress, but not 'inhuman'. Once you figure out what made you feel that way, explore the reasons. Something has to give you thrill? Over-indulge in it. Feel completely 'out of touch' with the practical, everyday structured routine. Lose yourself in the moment. I believe then, you will discover your iNtuition. I have a ISTj bf and the only time he's intuitive (from what I have seen) is when he thinks I'm gone. Now that's a negative example there are positive ones but the point is- the Specific Circumstance forced him out of his easy going practical world. And he was all emotion. When you are left with nothing, you still have your instincts.
    Ok

MBTI
    ENFP

I think anything can be improved. You might enver be a natural but you can make it easier for your mind to work in an N fashion.

I have pretty much the reverse of your situation. I am a very strong intuitive and im great with the abstract but when it comes to anything sensor im just useless. I cant do math problems or visualize a map, or find my way around or out together anything.

Over the years, i have very painfully worked on S type stuff by doing it, (very uncomfortably and reluctantly), and i know that it comes MUCH easier to me than it did a year ago. On the other hand, i am not a natural and am still much comfortable in the abstract, but at least i have a functioning use of it.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Emectar View Post
    I think anything can be improved. You might enver be a natural but you can make it easier for your mind to work in an N fashion.

I have pretty much the reverse of your situation. I am a very strong intuitive and im great with the abstract but when it comes to anything sensor im just useless. I cant do math problems or visualize a map, or find my way around or out together anything.

Over the years, i have very painfully worked on S type stuff by doing it, (very uncomfortably and reluctantly), and i know that it comes MUCH easier to me than it did a year ago. On the other hand, i am not a natural and am still much comfortable in the abstract, but at least i have a functioning use of it.
    That is interesting to read and hear. What type of S stuff have you been working on by the way? Also, wouldn't doing math problems or finding your way around a map have more to do with T rather than S?
    Last edited by Lao; 10-21-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: add more