User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 58 of 58

  1. #51
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, I have an ISFJ friend who is obsessed with this certain obscure branch of philosophy so much that she's decided to try and make a career out of it. The only thing is she rarely has anything original to say about the subject because she will not deviate from what her favorites have already said, and she treats them almost as gospel.

    I think it's less an issue of inherent creativity (of course, since that would be stupid), but more one of willfulness and loyalty. That is, I think ISFJs have the tendency to be self-abnegating to the point of unsung martyrdom and often feel undeserving of the opportunity to put themselves forward, and they value loyalty so highly that they will have issues detaching themselves from something to which they have emotionally adhered (whether that's a particular school of thought, style, or worldview), and these two things together can result in the stifling of creative energy.
    That...may be part of it. I can't speak for other ISFJs but for me it's more of a matter of that I'm far more comfortable working within existing systems than attempting step outside of what is known and try and figure something out wholly original. The whole idea of trying to do that actually is both incredibly intimidating and a little scary....I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. I think it's an Ne-inferior thing myself.

    What I AM good at is using pre-existing systems and finding ways to make practical use of them. I think this is where the idea of SJs being "grounded thinkers" originates from, not necessarily because we have common sense (we may not) but because we think well within the box and well within whatever the established parameters are.

    This doesn't mean I'm not capable of being creative....it's just all going to be expressed using preexisting methods and nothing outside of the box. But thats just me.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  2. #52
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    think it's less an issue of inherent creativity (of course, since that would be stupid), but more one of willfulness and loyalty. That is, I think ISFJs have the tendency to be self-abnegating to the point of unsung martyrdom and often feel undeserving of the opportunity to put themselves forward, and they value loyalty so highly that they will have issues detaching themselves from something to which they have emotionally adhered (whether that's a particular school of thought, style, or worldview), and these two things together can result in the stifling of creative energy.
    That's probably true, and I can see how that can come off as boring.

  3. #53
    Member roastingmallows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    81

    Default

    ISFJs are by no means boring! I am more or less obsessed with them. Perhaps to some types they are boring, but those types probably suck to you too. One of my favorite people in the world is an ISFJ and she is a RIOT. Only thing that bugs me about her is that I love her so much and always want to party with her but she always wants to go to bed too early when the party has just begun. She'll be extremely entertaining for about two hours, but is quickly exhausted by socializing. She is kind of a mother hen, over reacts about messes and noise level, etc, but I find this very endearing and hilarious about her. She is fiercely intelligent, loyal, and extremely witty. She is also artistically talented as well as responsible, and somewhat emotionally vulnerable.

    All types suck in some way, and some have worse reps than others. Join the club, man! They don't know what the're missing out on. ;D
    ENFP
    7w6 3w2 9w8 so/sx
    sc|U|xi
    IEE
    Cancer

  4. #54
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roastingmallows View Post
    ISFJs are by no means boring! I am more or less obsessed with them. Perhaps to some types they are boring, but those types probably suck to you too. One of my favorite people in the world is an ISFJ and she is a RIOT. Only thing that bugs me about her is that I love her so much and always want to party with her but she always wants to go to bed too early when the party has just begun. She'll be extremely entertaining for about two hours, but is quickly exhausted by socializing. She is kind of a mother hen, over reacts about messes and noise level, etc, but I find this very endearing and hilarious about her. She is fiercely intelligent, loyal, and extremely witty. She is also artistically talented as well as responsible, and somewhat emotionally vulnerable.

    All types suck in some way, and some have worse reps than others. Join the club, man! They don't know what the're missing out on. ;D
    Awww thanks!

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    I think many ISFJ's would be a good girlfriend. Maybe "boring" to some, but a good influence. My friend has one, she's a nice girl, I'm jealous.

  6. #56
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I think many ISFJ's would be a good girlfriend. Maybe "boring" to some, but a good influence. My friend has one, she's a nice girl, I'm jealous.
    That's really nice.

  7. #57
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    I'm super exciting. The highlight of my day today was getting some dental work done. Now I'm about to read some stuff about accounting.

  8. #58
    Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I know quite a few ISFJs in my life and I never thought they're boring! My brother, for instance, recently teased me for having a runny nose..he poked my nose and squealed, "snot dispenser!" and giggled. I mean he's usually quiet and serious but he does have moments of playfulness like that.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

    "I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFJ] ISFJ's being Sx
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 01:57 AM
  2. [ISFJ] ISFJs and being taken for granted
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 06:58 AM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP Personal growth can be boring
    By tortoise in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 04:21 PM
  4. [ISFJ] ISFJ friend being stalked, advice?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO