A moderate personality, mostly.
    Smarter than the other SJs, yes.

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

I think that it varies within the type itself. I think ISTJ's have the ability to choose between logically focused living and emotionally focused living at any given second or whim. My mother (an ISTJ) is often illogical and goes for cutesy arguments and manipulative comments that make me cringe and lose respect for her. HOWEVER, the next minute she is organizing things, concrete objects such as rooms, financial documents or anything for that matter beyond what anyone could ever imagine. She uses logic in her reasoning and lifestyle. It is more complicated than I am presenting it. I think ISTJ's have the "rational" side that NT's have, but are able to snap out of it and focus on everyday, practical and even emotional needs, only to snap back into the logical, almost detached, lifestyle. I am not saying NT's are oblivious to those situations and concerns, per se, but ISTJ's have a special gift to be able to balance the NT mentality with the SJ practicality. I agree with many of the posts in this thread that the "stereotypical ISTJ" is a drone, compared to the genius scientist INTJ (Many of my INTJ friends are incredibly brilliant). But where this stereotype is wrong is that it takes incredible logic and rational thinking to organize and problem solve in financial settings. Another thing that the stereotype leaves out is that that ISTJ "drone" slowly moves up the chain and becomes a controller or CFO or even CEO, where rational decisions are required on a daily basis. This post has become somewhat of a rant and long-winded, but the point I am trying to make is that ISTJ's have a special Rational side identical to NT's, but they also have the SJ side, in between which they can switch at will. In short, yes, ISTJ's could be considered "Rationals" but their ability to switch to between cold rational living and practical living renders them rational guardians.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Smarter than the other SJs, yes.
    Beh. Smart is questionable in definition and questionable in value. The SFJs who I know closely are some of the happiest, most well-adjusted people I know - not to mention all being very intelligent, in my opinion. If that's not smart...

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrazz
    But where this stereotype is wrong is that it takes incredible logic and rational thinking to organize and problem solve in financial settings. Another thing that the stereotype leaves out is that that ISTJ "drone" slowly moves up the chain and becomes a controller or CFO or even CEO, where rational decisions are required on a daily basis.
    Indeed. INTJs are far more hit-or-miss. ISTJs are much more consistent. I think this plays out across the whole NJ-SJ divide.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Beh. Smart is questionable in definition and questionable in value. The SFJs who I know closely are some of the happiest, most well-adjusted people I know - not to mention all being very intelligent, in my opinion. If that's not smart...
    Fool
    The goal of the Fool is perhaps the wisest goal of all, which is just to enjoy life as it is, with all its paradoxes and dilemmas.

What causes most dread in the Fool is a lack of stimulation and being 'not alive'. They must seek to 'be', perhaps as the Sage, but may not understand this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Fool
    The goal of the Fool is perhaps the wisest goal of all, which is just to enjoy life as it is, with all its paradoxes and dilemmas.

What causes most dread in the Fool is a lack of stimulation and being 'not alive'. They must seek to 'be', perhaps as the Sage, but may not understand this.
    Nice answer. Indeed.

Which card are you?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Nice answer. Indeed.

Which card are you?

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Indeed. INTJs are far more hit-or-miss. ISTJs are much more consistent. I think this plays out across the whole NJ-SJ divide.
    I think NT's (especially NJ's) resemble SJ's so much is because to be part of "the establishment" or the gov't or a business takes quite a lot fo logic and rational thinking, something many SJ's share with NT's

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

rational? hardly, istj is the most common personality with emotional lying problems,(compulsive lying) ie inability not to lie because of emotional reasons. if theres an istj who doesnt have this problem, then they have my full respect.

irrationality, i think its source is disintegration, and every type is equally liable to that.

on other notes, i think sx so is the most rational minded of instincts.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    yes, very rational like the intj but less morbid.
    Adding to this, ISTJs are attuned to nuances of situations and make decisions using circumstantial details.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    rational? hardly, istj is the most common personality with emotional lying problems,(compulsive lying) ie inability not to lie because of emotional reasons. if theres an istj who doesnt have this problem, then they have my full respect.

irrationality, i think its source is disintegration, and every type is equally liable to that.

on other notes, i think sx so is the most rational minded of instincts.
    Interesting. What does this mean?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'