MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Default SJ Artists?

I have a few questions for the SJ artists on the forum:

1). Where do you draw your inspiration from? Are there recurring themes in your artwork?
    2). Do you find it easy to complete a piece? Or do you have many 'unfinished projects' laying around?
    3). What are your views about posting/sharing your artwork online? Art thievery?
    4). What are your medium(s) of choice?
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Guess there aren't that many SJ artists here!

If it's of any interest, in the past I was really into drawing and then later music. Played a lot of music. But I was more of a performer rather than creative. It was always really difficult for me to create music of my own. I just don't feel a need to express myself in that way so it felt very unnatural. But channeling and interpreting another's composition I could do. I also dabbled a bit with writing but mostly because my teacher thought I would be good at it. But it was the same issue, I just didn't feel a need to express myself in that. I always thought, why would anyone be interested in what I write? I hardly know how things are for myself, let alone trying to tell other people what I think.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    IstJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post

1). Where do you draw your inspiration from? Are there recurring themes in your artwork?
    2). Do you find it easy to complete a piece? Or do you have many 'unfinished projects' laying around?
    3). What are your views about posting/sharing your artwork online? Art thievery?
    I'm a musician and I started out wanting to imitate particular guitarists and singers I heard when I was a kid and in my teen years. These influences have changed throughout the years, but the constants are Johnny Cash and Hank Williams, and I'm a rocker! Actually, my original music is somewhere between Americana and adult alternative as far as genres go. I have simple and straightforward roots type of songs with mostly three chords, but it's amazing how original and creative you can be within those constraints. I have hundreds of unfinished songs, lyrics, recordings, and also untapped ideas floating in my head. It once took me nine months to write down some lyrics I was considering because I wanted to perfect them before I committed them to paper. I have no qualms about posting online and much of my stuff is through creative commons. If someone is going to make a buck off my songs, I want a piece of the action. I am all digital, if that's a medium of choice. I make mp3s and send them out online and by e-mail. It's so easy to deal with.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    Makes me sad
    Thanks to everyone who shared their input though!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    Well, there aren't that many SJs here, period.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    istj

I used to be big into drawing when I was younger. Now I am into freestyle rap.
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

i can pose as an isfj if you want.

Homemade | Facebook

i haven't uploaded any photos of my drawings, and i tend to forget to save the things i work on.

give me an adobe program, and notepad++, and i'll put together something.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISFj

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, there aren't that many SJs here, period.
    we hide

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post

Calling myself an "artist" seems a little weird, given that I just sketch a bit in my spare time and it's not something I invest a lot of work/time into. But I'll offer what I can to this thread.

1) I don't really ever feel some kind of 'sudden inspiration' to do a piece like people often talk about. Theres really no emotional inspiration or anything. I feel like drawing, or I get bored... So I draw. When I was a teenager I drew a lot of dragons, fairies, mythical creatures like that. These days I mostly draw the female form. Sometimes I'll stick wings on them or something to stay true to my fantasy theme.

2) I have a hard time walking away from a piece until it is completed. I will obsess with it until it is completed.

3) I often share my art online. Granted, I don't have much at stake. Most of what I do these days are simple sketches. I am never going to make money off of my art, so why should I care if someone saves it to their computer? It's flattering, actually.

4) These days I only tend to do simple pencil sketches. Back when I was really into artwork as a teenager, my strongest medium was watercolor by FAR.

Some samples... Here's a watercolor.

Sketches: (Had to edit out the nudity. I accidentally broke some female-nudity rules once.)

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

SJ artists tend to be SJs who are Enneagram 4, which is a bit of an apparent contradiction. they tend to do well in artistic fields where there is a need for sound technique and lots of practicing. I am studying opera in college and I have a lot of SJ colleagues who are doing well because they practice like 4 hours a day and are obsessed with perfect technique. on that note, I think my favorite singer, Dame Joan Sutherland may have been ISFJ (although I could also see INFJ or INFP)