• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Artists?

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Calling myself an "artist" seems a little weird, given that I just sketch a bit in my spare time and it's not something I invest a lot of work/time into. But I'll offer what I can to this thread.

1) I don't really ever feel some kind of 'sudden inspiration' to do a piece like people often talk about. Theres really no emotional inspiration or anything. I feel like drawing, or I get bored... So I draw. When I was a teenager I drew a lot of dragons, fairies, mythical creatures like that. These days I mostly draw the female form. Sometimes I'll stick wings on them or something to stay true to my fantasy theme.

2) I have a hard time walking away from a piece until it is completed. I will obsess with it until it is completed.

3) I often share my art online. Granted, I don't have much at stake. Most of what I do these days are simple sketches. I am never going to make money off of my art, so why should I care if someone saves it to their computer? It's flattering, actually.

4) These days I only tend to do simple pencil sketches. Back when I was really into artwork as a teenager, my strongest medium was watercolor by FAR.

Some samples... Here's a watercolor.

Sketches: (Had to edit out the nudity. I accidentally broke some female-nudity rules once.)

Very talented patches! I love pencil and charcoal drawings as well as watercolor.

Outsider

MBTI Type
INFP
SJ artist?
Isn't this a contradiction? You tell an SJ to draw a circle and they will draw the best circle on the planet. You tell them to play a song and they will play whatever song you want exactly as it was played by the original artist. That is it. They are not creative, they are not pushing boundaries, they are not attempting to make social commentary, to change a perspective, think outside of the box or translate an experience. They do not seek meaning or depth; they do not attempt to understand anything deeper than that which is found at the exact surface of interaction. They may sketch or draw and they may play their own music, this does not make them artists or musicians. This is a very difficult point for an SJ to comprehend because it is an abstract idea to think that two people can do the same thing but one is a robot and the other an artist. The concept is not confined to the arts; it is also true of science. There is a very broad distance between someone who learns the techniques and theories of any given concept, and someone who applies those techniques and theories in such a way that it is obvious they are not relying on prior experience. In other words they are creating. They are pushing the limits of what is currently known. This entirely out of, not even the comfort zone of the SJ, it is out of the intellectual reach of the SJ. By all means, continue replicating whatever idea you wrestled out of some book or synthesized from preexisting ideas. Just be aware that you are the wood and the nails that hold the house together. You are stiff and unforgiving, resistant to change and uncompromising under the strain of reality. You are not the ones who move society forward; you are the ones who hold it down.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, and they are also stupid morons with an ugly face and big butts and their butts smells and they like to kiss their own butts.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Female SJ Artist Before Gallery Exhibition of Her Work:

weakestlink.jpg

Don't mess with the SJ's!!! :angry:

My Dad is an ESTJ, and he is brilliant when it comes to ideas that result in extremely efficient ways to do things. :yes: However, he has no interest in creating art of any kind, but is a fanatic about seeing art in museums.

However, he discouraged me from pursuing any of my artistic inclinations, informing me that I would be a "starving hippie" if I gave too much effort to them. :laugh:

I showed him a MS PowerPoint presentation I put together for a business presentation a few years ago. I made the slide backgrounds myself, each of them unique, each of them with non-copyrighted black & white photos that related to the theme of the presentation, and all with the same font/color layout. It took me a week and a half just to make the slides. My Dad exclaimed "That's a damn good presentation!"and I said "Thanks, Dad! I used my starving hippie skills to put it all together." :rofl1: :yim_rolling_on_the_

:solidarity:

-Alex

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ESTJ papa has been had photography as a hobby of his for a long time. He's very serious about it, and even does the occasional amateur competition. I don't think he'd ever call himself an artist, though. It's just something he enjoys, and has invested the time to become good at it. ETJs usually have an unexpected pet, artistic bent, though. It's an organic and constructive outlet for Inferior Fi.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm in a pretty rigorous fine arts program in high school, and one of our best people is an ESFJ. She does really gorgeous things. She's got great technical precision and creativity. You'd think, being an SJ, she'd be the best at still life and such, but no, she does amazing surrealism and shit. And she's definitely an ESFJ if there ever was one.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where is the thread where SJs were asked to post their artistic works? I have one coming up. ;)

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Other than illustrative art, on occasions I like to just do free write/poetry.

Painting lines with my fingers in the sky,
touching it, with some faith in mind
that all the things in this world are held securily in place, by some purpose.
Parallel or not, all things are accompanied by shadows,
casting darkness upon the grounds of some absence.

Whether here or there, it's all the same place,
all crushed in the same space within my mind.
A single hair, fallen from my head.
Unaware, I have lost a bit of myself.

Any other SJs that do this?

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yes, although I'm not one of them.

I should clarify. I meant any others, if so I'd be interested in seeing them(I'd also like to know what influenced you to do so.)

I'm aware now that there was a thread for poems, art etc. but I still felt it was appropriate to post in here.