• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] How strong is your Ne?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
ISxJs- Ne is inferior
ESxJs- Ne is tertiary

How developed is your Ne? Are there areas where you find yourself more open minded? Or is any unfamiliar experience a train wreck for you?

DISCUSSSSSSSSSSS

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Just average.

I´m open minded with lots of things, as long as they don´t involve morals.

As for unfamiliar situations, I find some of them highly entertaining, to play with possibilities. As long as they don´t happen everyday.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Just average.

I´m open minded with lots of things, as long as they don´t involve morals.

As for unfamiliar situations, I find some of them highly entertaining. As long as they don´t happen everyday.

LOL I love it

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
But like DC it can be a rollercoaster... For me, the weightier the matter the worse my Ne is. Most trivial matters at this point in my life are like 'whatever'. There's not too much on a day to day where I feel that doing something different would hold me back. But when it comes to working on my house, finding a new job, or any large monetary or life investment- It wreaks havoc on me.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Exactly that.

I´m glad that you loved the answer, since I´m most familiar with Ni. Most of the important things I achieved, at a personal level, are related to that process (when developed).

The only extraverted function which is strong in me is Te. Ne and Se are just average, and my Fe is rusted.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Exactly that.

I´m glad that you loved the answer, since I´m most familiar with Ni. Most of the important things I achieved, at a personal level, are related to that process (when developed).

The only extraverted function which is strong in me is Te. Ne and Se are just average, and my Fe is rusted.

As Ni is in the 8th position, I imagine I don't use it at all, but then again I believe that we use all functions to some extent in our lives. But based on descriptions, I've approached things using Ni from time to time. It's not automatic like Si, but if I force myself to operate in that capacity I will.

Qre:us

My ESTJ dad and I connect through shared Ne-humour. That's where he goes for the giggles, to Ne. It's the smartass in him. ;)

It also is his Archille's heel when it comes to taking risks in life. He connects together random things and extrapolates from it greatly, to predict the worst outcome, hence, giving him [and us] a reasoning why inaction is the best course of action to said "risk". It often doesn't make sense, if truly evaluated critically.

We clash greatly on this, as Ne drives me a lot - to take risks that has him on pins-and-needles, and in a grave voice, with eyes bugging out, saying, "Don't do it! I'm warning you!" Which, to Ne, little does he know, is more fuel for the fire.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
As Ni is in the 8th position, I imagine I don't use it at all, but then again I believe that we use all functions to some extent in our lives. But based on descriptions, I've approached things using Ni from time to time. It's not automatic like Si, but if I force myself to operate in that capacity I will.

For sure. I don´t need to force myself to use it, though.

I learnt to use it naturally. Without realizing it. I can foresee how something will develop with very little information, and use that "vision" to do something about it: make it happen (a good scenario), or prevent it from happening (a bad one). Or notice which data someone is hiding from me.

By studying the processes, I now know how to explain seriously. It´s sounds much better thatn my friends and family saying that I´m a walking lie detector, or that I have "psychic" powers (this one sounds like Pokémon).

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
For sure. I don´t need to force myself to use it, though.

I learnt to use it naturally. Without realizing it. I can foresee how something will develop with very little information, and use that "vision" to do something about it: make it happen (a good scenario), or prevent it from happening (a bad one). Or notice which data someone is hiding from me.

By studying the processes, I now know how to explain seriously. It´s sounds much better thatn my friends and family saying that I´m a walking lie detector, or that I have "psychic" powers (this one sounds like Pokémon).

That's great- I really need to learn to use it more often.

But some of it sounds like Ne. :huh:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
My ESTJ dad and I connect through shared Ne-humour. That's where he goes for the giggles, to Ne. It's the smartass in him. ;)

It also is his Archille's heel when it comes to taking risks in life. He connects together random things and extrapolates from it greatly, to predict the worst outcome, hence, giving him [and us] a reasoning why inaction is the best course of action to said "risk". It often doesn't make sense, if truly evaluated critically.

We clash greatly on this, as Ne drives me a lot - to take risks that has him on pins-and-needles, and in a grave voice, with eyes bugging out, saying, "Don't do it! I'm warning you!" Which, to Ne, little does he know, is more fuel for the fire.

I'm great with Ne humor...and just reflecting on that- I find that at work (mostly SJs) that they'll give me the :huh: face when I use it. I think my attention to detail and decently developed Ne make for some good off the wall discussions!

Paralysis by analysis is a common snag for SJs....and I've fought hard to eliminate it as much as possible. We'll take the most random outcome from the most improbable circumstances and declare that as the end result. I've learned go with much and pay little concern to my nagging need to stay in my comfort zone, because I've learned that my worst fears are hardly what's realized.

Right now I'm frozen with inactivity because I don't know what I want to do with my kitchen.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
That's great- I really need to learn to use it more often.

But some of it sounds like Ne. :huh:

Yes, it is hard to tell one from the other.

Ni forsees something, "how it will be", looking for patterns and connections; while Ne inferes something, "how it could be", looking for possibilities (which drive me crazy).

Ni is what comes natural to me, because I see it as a function more focused on reality, since it fills the blanks of any speech or text. I can define my Ni usage as my ability to say "I just know", when asked how did I know that something was going to happen, or that someone is doing something behind my back.

Using Ne (always wondering, doing brainstorming inside of my own mind) can drive me crazy.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
My Ne is sortof weak. I adapt based more on prior experiences rather than intuiting changes. Like, my experience just tells me, "In the past, focusing too much hurt me, so let's attempt to be more open minded." Ne for me is more of just finding random connections between things.

I'm constantly on the internet browsing forums that are stocked full of NTs, but most so INTJs and INTPs. I get my daily share of Ni a lot, and it's been like that for most of my life. However, the Ni I get experience with is focused more on technical things, which I'm more accepting of. Ni in conjuction with something touchy-feely will get lost on me. Like, for example, a guy that's likely an xNTJ made a random joke on a board I was just reading:

Person A: Uh, Bushido's the Samurai code, thr.

Person B: George W. Bushido: Samurai President.

That's Ni humor. I loved it, though haha. My own humor is more focused on Si, which focuses on hypocrisies. Hypocrisies are funny to me, but there's a lot more to my humor. It's all over the place.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Can someone give me an example of Ne humour?

I just want to see if i get the joke.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
probably a bad example, but a few things at work....

our price scanners in the store are broken and i told a customer i was going to ask customers to apply for credit cards in exchange for price checks

another time, i had a shirt with red marking all over the bottom and i told a girl the shirt fell in red dye

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Can someone give me an example of Ne humour?

I just want to see if i get the joke.

I think of Family Guy as Ne humor. Not sure if you see the show, but they take circumstances and apply crazy outcomes to them.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's how I am too, actually! Also, when I have to be creative under pressure, my Ne shows up at the last possible second. It's usually like "OH GOD WHAT DO I DO OH GOD OH GOD oh I've got it now! Okay!"

Also, I kind of go ENFP when I "geek out". I go off on huge Ne rants when I'm excited: "Dude dude dude did you see that movie yet it is so cool it's based on a movie from 1975 only they changed the character lineup and had a guy character played by a girl and all the actors are really good and it is so funny and you've got to watch it!!!"

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's how I am too, actually! Also, when I have to be creative under pressure, my Ne shows up at the last possible second. It's usually like "OH GOD WHAT DO I DO OH GOD OH GOD oh I've got it now! Okay!"

Also, I kind of go ENFP when I "geek out". I go off on huge Ne rants when I'm excited: "Dude dude dude did you see that movie yet it is so cool it's based on a movie from 1975 only they changed the character lineup and had a guy character played by a girl and all the actors are really good and it is so funny and you've got to watch it!!!"

You can't command a Ne.
If someone tells me "be creative!" suddenly I can't think of anything any more. Brainstorming? Idea-gathering? I'm silent and grumpy, and people ask me why I never have any ideas. I hate those brainstorm sessions. They only make you lose time.
Doing anything BUT trying to be creative? It's the Great Idea Flood in my head.

Several times I solved a problem through Ne without realizing I did. If my husband didn't tell me, I'd never know my solution was something original or weird.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
probably a bad example, but a few things at work....

our price scanners in the store are broken and i told a customer i was going to ask customers to apply for credit cards in exchange for price checks

another time, i had a shirt with red marking all over the bottom and i told a girl the shirt fell in red dye

Oh :huh:

I think of Family Guy as Ne humor. Not sure if you see the show, but they take circumstances and apply crazy outcomes to them.

I've seen it but not a huge fan.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

Not sure if this is Ni or Ne, but last night while I was waiting on tables, I went up to a couple, asked if they had decided on their food yet, and the man said, "You stepped in what?", I instantly knew it was a joke, and just replied, "I stepped in some manure. You know there's a herd of cows in the back."

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love Ne humor. My Ne comes out this way or during playtime. Otherwise it's pretty weak in serious situations.