L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    That's great- I really need to learn to use it more often.

But some of it sounds like Ne.
    Yes, it is hard to tell one from the other.

Ni forsees something, "how it will be", looking for patterns and connections; while Ne inferes something, "how it could be", looking for possibilities (which drive me crazy).

Ni is what comes natural to me, because I see it as a function more focused on reality, since it fills the blanks of any speech or text. I can define my Ni usage as my ability to say "I just know", when asked how did I know that something was going to happen, or that someone is doing something behind my back.

Using Ne (always wondering, doing brainstorming inside of my own mind) can drive me crazy.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    LoLz

My Ne is sortof weak. I adapt based more on prior experiences rather than intuiting changes. Like, my experience just tells me, "In the past, focusing too much hurt me, so let's attempt to be more open minded." Ne for me is more of just finding random connections between things.

I'm constantly on the internet browsing forums that are stocked full of NTs, but most so INTJs and INTPs. I get my daily share of Ni a lot, and it's been like that for most of my life. However, the Ni I get experience with is focused more on technical things, which I'm more accepting of. Ni in conjuction with something touchy-feely will get lost on me. Like, for example, a guy that's likely an xNTJ made a random joke on a board I was just reading:

Person A: Uh, Bushido's the Samurai code, thr.

Person B: George W. Bushido: Samurai President.

That's Ni humor. I loved it, though haha. My own humor is more focused on Si, which focuses on hypocrisies. Hypocrisies are funny to me, but there's a lot more to my humor. It's all over the place.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Can someone give me an example of Ne humour?

I just want to see if i get the joke.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    LoLz

probably a bad example, but a few things at work....

our price scanners in the store are broken and i told a customer i was going to ask customers to apply for credit cards in exchange for price checks

another time, i had a shirt with red marking all over the bottom and i told a girl the shirt fell in red dye

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Can someone give me an example of Ne humour?

I just want to see if i get the joke.
    I think of Family Guy as Ne humor. Not sure if you see the show, but they take circumstances and apply crazy outcomes to them.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    My ESTJ dad and I connect through shared Ne-humour. That's where he goes for the giggles, to Ne. It's the smartass in him.
    That's how I am too, actually! Also, when I have to be creative under pressure, my Ne shows up at the last possible second. It's usually like "OH GOD WHAT DO I DO OH GOD OH GOD oh I've got it now! Okay!"

Also, I kind of go ENFP when I "geek out". I go off on huge Ne rants when I'm excited: "Dude dude dude did you see that movie yet it is so cool it's based on a movie from 1975 only they changed the character lineup and had a guy character played by a girl and all the actors are really good and it is so funny and you've got to watch it!!!"
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That's how I am too, actually! Also, when I have to be creative under pressure, my Ne shows up at the last possible second. It's usually like "OH GOD WHAT DO I DO OH GOD OH GOD oh I've got it now! Okay!"

Also, I kind of go ENFP when I "geek out". I go off on huge Ne rants when I'm excited: "Dude dude dude did you see that movie yet it is so cool it's based on a movie from 1975 only they changed the character lineup and had a guy character played by a girl and all the actors are really good and it is so funny and you've got to watch it!!!"
    You can't command a Ne.
    If someone tells me "be creative!" suddenly I can't think of anything any more. Brainstorming? Idea-gathering? I'm silent and grumpy, and people ask me why I never have any ideas. I hate those brainstorm sessions. They only make you lose time.
    Doing anything BUT trying to be creative? It's the Great Idea Flood in my head.

Several times I solved a problem through Ne without realizing I did. If my husband didn't tell me, I'd never know my solution was something original or weird.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    probably a bad example, but a few things at work....

our price scanners in the store are broken and i told a customer i was going to ask customers to apply for credit cards in exchange for price checks

another time, i had a shirt with red marking all over the bottom and i told a girl the shirt fell in red dye
    Oh

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I think of Family Guy as Ne humor. Not sure if you see the show, but they take circumstances and apply crazy outcomes to them.
    I've seen it but not a huge fan.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Oh

Not sure if this is Ni or Ne, but last night while I was waiting on tables, I went up to a couple, asked if they had decided on their food yet, and the man said, "You stepped in what?", I instantly knew it was a joke, and just replied, "I stepped in some manure. You know there's a herd of cows in the back."

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I love Ne humor. My Ne comes out this way or during playtime. Otherwise it's pretty weak in serious situations.