User Tag List

First 1234 Last

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    But don't be[...]a turnip. No one wants to date a turnip.
    Good lord! That cracked me up! It's good advice for anyone
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    istp

My gf is esfj. It's easy and hard.

On the good side: you don't have to do anything fancy, she's uncomplicated in desires and expectations, if a little formal. Probably needy for intp standards, but the needs themselves are of a simple nature. So, if she likes you that's it. High level of self-sustaining commitment, *valuable* for long term companionship.

On the other hand, you MUST NOT do anything fancy, until you know her better. Very easily offended. Interpret -and confront- everything on a deep personal level. Can't be criticized or contradicted. Subject to heavy mood swings. Light forms of conflict, like "what you would call a normal discussion", consistently trigger "what you would define an overreaction". So, uncensored exchange of ideas always somewhat dangerous. Learning to cope with this side, possible... but requires time, for her too, to grow respect in your superior reasoning. Keeping conversation on light subjects and focusing on her is advisable. Or, try to find common ground on everything. Intp naturally good at this(open mind, can see the rationale for every viewpoint, chameleon persona.)

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

i have an ESFJ mother *groans*. this list seems spot on so far.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pardo View Post
    Keeping conversation on light subjects and focusing on her is advisable. Or, try to find common ground on everything. Intp naturally good at this(open mind, can see the rationale for every viewpoint, chameleon persona.)
    thats the only way I can talk to her sometimes, by staying on neutral ground.

great advice so far. I dont think I have really seen her mood swings though. we had sushi earlier and she kinda gave me a serious look in her eyes and ranted for a cool 30 seconds about her unresponsible ex-roommates. scary! plus she is brand new to figurative language...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    Good lord! That cracked me up! It's good advice for anyone
    I don't want to be a turnip! What are great topics of discussion for Fe types? I watched the Devil Wears Prada earlier. Did that help or hurt things?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by quamdel View Post
    I don't want to be a turnip! What are great topics of discussion for Fe types? I watched the Devil Wears Prada earlier. Did that help or hurt things?

That film is cute.

What to discuss with Fe's .. In my case i enjoy talking about

Space/astronomy
    Aliens/conspiracy theories
    Spirituality
    Psychology
    Sociology
    Religion
    Politics
    Foreign affairs
    And so much more ..

I kind of get an idea into my head then want to discuss it further to connect the dots.

I am pretty much open minded to anything and enjoy seeing different perspectives but don't talk to me about how the pixels in a TV works .. Someone once did that over the phone for a good 10 mins and i was bored to death .. To me, the most important aspect of a TV is 1080 LCD HD TV
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I like this thread. for helpful ESFJs!
    i just want to be a sweetheart

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

My sister is an ESFJ and I know a thing or two about ESFJ's in general. Enough to know that ESFJ's, although they sometimes seem rather emotionally invincible and tough, they have to be handled with a certain care.

Ease her into you, don't go all INTP style on her right away! If you get her on your bad side by being too reckless early on, it won't be easy to get yourself back on her good side. They love to argue about things, but when it's about something dear to her, you have to be careful. Being on neutral grounds is advisable for short term, but I personally would say it's not a bad thing to show your worth once in a while too, as long as you do so tactfully and in a way she can understand your viewpoint. Which won't be easy.

Also, good luck trying to keep your pants on if it comes to a relationship. ESFJ's can be very bossy.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    My sister is an ESFJ and I know a thing or two about ESFJ's in general. Enough to know that ESFJ's, although they sometimes seem rather emotionally invincible and tough, they have to be handled with a certain care.

Ease her into you, don't go all INTP style on her right away! If you get her on your bad side by being too reckless early on, it won't be easy to get yourself back on her good side. They love to argue about things, but when it's about something dear to her, you have to be careful. Being on neutral grounds is advisable for short term, but I personally would say it's not a bad thing to show your worth once in a while too, as long as you do so tactfully and in a way she can understand your viewpoint. Which won't be easy.

Also, good luck trying to keep your pants on if it comes to a relationship. ESFJ's can be very bossy.
    Ha! This is very true... I have always kept my emotions under control pretty well.... My ex finally said the one thing that brought them all out and when I snapped and went off on him about it, I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head.

We're not bossy.... We just know what we want....and how to get it!

MBTI
    INTP

emotionally invincible... a scary thought!