User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glycerine

^ hahaha, my ESFJ dad loves crude sex jokes and politically incorrect jokes as long as he's around his good friends and family. However, you better watch it in public. As an ENFJ, I am the same way.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I love crude sex jokes too. But it has to be with the right people. First date some guy comes at me and hits a sensitive topic? Chances are we won't be going out again. I'm just trying to give dude the heads up

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I love crude sex jokes too. But it has to be with the right people. First date some guy comes at me and hits a sensitive topic? Chances are we won't be going out again. I'm just trying to give dude the heads up
    ahhh, whoops. I did not read the thread thoroughly so I didn't know that it was a first date. If that's the case, then yeah, it's a MAJOR turn off and you probably won't be going far. For example, asking what her cup size is. hinting at your sexual prowess (even jokingly), and/or awkward bathroom humor are typically a bad idea. If you guys get close, then those things probably won't be a major issue (as long as it is around good friends or in private).

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Agreed.

Not an ESFJ but have some exposure to a couple of them. Try not to introduce controversial topics because if they don't agree with you, look out, since they will take it personally even though it's not personal. They're not called guardians for no reason at all and will protect traditional values or at least what they've done.

As an example, say you introduce a topic about one night stands where you don't believe in it. If they've had some in the past, they will take it personally and act like you've personally attacked them even though there's no way you could have known.

Glycerine

^ if they are religious, watch it with any talk about evolution.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Lol, I totally agree with both of these posts. I totally would take it personally if someone started bashing one night stands and I'd had a few. So the question then remains...what is a safe zone for first date conversation?

Glycerine

No sex, religion, or politics talk until you get to know the ESFJ (well, most people) a bit?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    No sex, religion, or politics talk until you get to know the ESFJ (well, most people) a bit?
    I was thinking i wouldn't mind broaching those subjects but then again, we may not date a second time if you turn into some green eyed monster spewing about the injustices of the world.

Yeah .. Infact keep the first date light hearted.

She's a Scorpio .. Passionate one you got there
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I was thinking i wouldn't mind broaching those subjects but then again, we may not date a second time if you turn into some green eyed monster spewing about the injustices of the world.

Yeah .. Infact keep the first date light hearted.

She's a Scorpio .. Passionate one you got there
    Thanks for the advice guys!

I will definitely take my time with "abstract" conversation topics. She is a supervisor at a school library and one of those "below the radar" popular people, someone who lots of other "below the radar" people know. I do have one other concern:

I know she like to talk a lot.

I don't mind listening to her talk since it gives me a chance to come up with more conversation topics, but just coming out and saying "hey can you keep talking while i think of something to say" isnt too classy.

How do i let her know this?