• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISFJs and INFJs: How does this work?

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
ISFJs, how do you relate to INFJs?

INFJs, how do you relate to ISFJs?

What seem to be most common concerns or issues experience by someone in a friendship or relationship of this type?

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ISFJ and I are incredible collaborators/teammates. We agree on so much, but the way in which we approach things is different. As a result, I think we take a very valuable comprehensive approach to our projects. I appreciate my ISFJ so much. Her sensitivity, dedication, attention to detail and thoughtfulness impresses me. Truth be told, at first her uptight behavior and high stress level was something I didn't understand and was put off by. I just pegged her as intolerant. But once I got to know her, and cast aside my assumptions, I realized how dependable and committed she was to doing good for others. And then it came easily for me to really appreciate her. I learned that she is just as sensitive as I am, and so often feels used or misunderstood. I am able to be there for her and she has been an incredible advocate for me. It can be an awesome partnership, just approach each other with an open mind :)

Snow Turtle

Not much to add to what Vasilisa said. It really is a team sort of relationship where there's similarity but through a slightly different approach. Course, you don't really realise this until you get to know each other much better.

Problems depend on you as an individiual.
1. People have to learn to appreciate the differences.
2. Expectations are a real pain. Idealism + Expectations is not a good combo.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know very many INFJs, but they seem like incredibly cool people. Very calm, collected, and very thoughtful. The only thing that can get kind of annoying is doggedly they can stick to their idealism (which probably a somewhat unfair thing to say given that I know how doggedly I can stick to my 'realism' as well ;) ). I appreciate their ideals and admire the direction they often think or want to go in but sometimes it strikes me as being horribly unrealistic and I can have an incredibly hard time wrapping my head around that.

Overall though, I think they're very good people :)

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't worry, I can squash that for you.

So can I...but I won't. Experiences I've had with ISFJs aren't good. But I freaking love them. :heart: they just think I'm a dreamer who can't comprehend real life. So what do they do? They modestly force it on me. Getting me into a horrible mood. And make me hate life, and I always feel guilty because it seems like I did something to deserve this. :sorry: But thats just one ISFJ...

The other ISFJ is the reason why I love ISFJs. They are so dedicated and loyal to friendship, and they always apprieciate my creativity and love my unique and gentle approach to life. We are constantly lifting each other up, pushing each other to be the best we can be. :hug:

ItsAGuy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ow; are there any examples of an INFJ making it work out with an ISFJ out there on the forum?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ow; are there any examples of an INFJ making it work out with an ISFJ out there on the forum?

Oh sure. This lady is happily married to an ISFJ.

Also don't take what people say on this forum so seriously. It's human nature for people to let off steam and only tell the negative side of things and not mention the positives. Positives are boring.

ItsAGuy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh sure. This lady is happily married to an ISFJ.

Also don't take what people say on this forum so seriously. It's human nature for people to let off steam and only tell the negative side of things and not mention the positives. Positives are boring.

I gotcha; you see the same when trying to find a new apartment in a big city... every complex is, according to the internets, the worst place on earth.

But yeah, my long-dist ISFJ crush spends quite a lot of time with me on skype, 'likes' half of everything I post on facebook and replies to a lot of my microblogging on twitter; and then, in all that time, she never really says how she feels, or asks about me much, or anything... so I'm ~very~ confused. All my annoying SJ questions on this forum will spawn from that, I'm sure. :redherring: