• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISxJ Survey - Branching Out!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our good Hirsch has prompted my initial want to ask the SFJ/STJs the same questions that I asked the STPs :yes: This is open to ESTJs/ESFJs as well! :)

If I haven't stated this before, I'm an artist/writer.

I do in fact have several characters that would benefit from your inputs! Lock and load, kemosabes! :D

Questions!

1. Is activity/activation paramount to your daily life? (By "activity", I don't necessarily mean base-jumping, folks. I mean anything that engages you, brain and body, even on minor levels.)

2. What connection do you feel between physical activity and your mental well-being?

3. If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? How important is variety? How important is it to avoid routine? What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine?

4. What happens mentally when you're placed under protracted or inescapable stress?

5. What happens mentally when you're confronted with protracted monotony?

6. Does mental stress translate quickly or slowly into physical signs? (This includes reckless behavior or outbursts...) What signs do you exhibit?

7. Do you have 'internal dialogues'? What does the internal voice say to you?

8. How would you respond to your parent who was behaving irresponsibly? (Alcoholism, drugs, dead-beat behavior,etc.)

9. If you were unable to actualize yourself, what steps would you take to gain satisfaction from your life? For example: Do you talk yourself into liking "second-best"? Do you go set a silo on fire? Do you start wearing eyeliner around your nostrils?

10. How long do you stay in a dead-end relationship? What prompts you to stay in it? What finally prompts you to leave?

11. What sort of advanced mental pursuits do you find powerfully attractive or intriguing? Are you drawn to existentialism? Abstraction? Why?

12. How important is control? Self-control? Control over your person/environment? Control over your ultimate fate? Would you rather die on your terms than live on someone else's?

13. How important is justice? What happens to you mentally when you see unjust things occurring? How do you physically react?

14. How important is stability? Is there such a thing as "too much" stability?

15. How do you feel -- first mentally, then physically -- when you make a strong bond with someone? How important is loyalty? What is your personal definition of loyalty and why would you give that loyalty to another person?

16. What excites your contempt? When filled with irritation or contempt, how do you (or do you NOT) express it?

sassafrassquatch

I'll just put this over here :D

Questions!

1. Is activity/activation paramount to your daily life? (By "activity", I don't necessarily mean base-jumping, folks. I mean anything that engages you, brain and body, even on minor levels.)
I sit in front of the computer all day and don’t feel like doing much more than that.
2. What connection do you feel between physical activity and your mental well-being?
Physical activity is draining.
3. If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? How important is variety? How important is it to avoid routine? What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine?
I was born into and am stuck in a smallish (25,000) town with nothing to do. I don’t do anything, go anywhere, or want to do anything. I don’t like having my daily routine upset.
4. What happens mentally when you're placed under protracted or inescapable stress?
I turn inward even more, kinda hunker down and keep quiet till the shit blows over.
My whole life as been monotony, I don’t mind it.
6. Does mental stress translate quickly or slowly into physical signs? (This includes reckless behavior or outbursts...) What signs do you exhibit?
Not sure, thing are pretty mellow most of the time.
It’s just me talking to myself, no “internal voice”.
8. How would you respond to your parent who was behaving irresponsibly? (Alcoholism, drugs, dead-beat behavior,etc.)
Don’t know, my family is pretty well behaved.
9. If you were unable to actualize yourself, what steps would you take to gain satisfaction from your life? For example: Do you talk yourself into liking "second-best"? Do you go set a silo on fire? Do you start wearing eyeliner around your nostrils?
Actualize? Meh. I’m a slacker, I don’t want to do anything.
10. How long do you stay in a dead-end relationship? What prompts you to stay in it? What finally prompts you to leave?
Don’t know, haven’t had one.
11. What sort of advanced mental pursuits do you find powerfully attractive or intriguing? Are you drawn to existentialism? Abstraction? Why?
I’m sort of an existentialist/nihilist, I’ll pull back and examine a situation in the really big picture.
12. How important is control? Self-control? Control over your person/environment? Control over your ultimate fate? Would you rather die on your terms than live on someone else's?
I’m a control enthusiast when it comes to me and my stuff.
13. How important is justice? What happens to you mentally when you see unjust things occurring? How do you physically react?
I’m a big fan of retribution and punishment.
I’m a Six, I need a very solid, stable situation in order to be comfortable.
15. How do you feel -- first mentally, then physically -- when you make a strong bond with someone? How important is loyalty? What is your personal definition of loyalty and why would you give that loyalty to another person?
I don’t really bond with people.
16. What excites your contempt? When filled with irritation or contempt, how do you (or do you NOT) express it?
Disgust.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This looks fun. :D

YES. If I can't be engaged with ideas and/or people and/or physical exercise, I go stir-crazy. (The WORST is being stuck at my parents' house, two states away from my home and friends, with no internet access! :cry: I'm ready to leave after two days.)

I actually just realized that connection about a year ago-- exercise now has a HUGE role in my keeping my sanity. Most of the time, I express my thoughts and feelings verbally, but exercise is THE best nonverbal release for me.

I would spend a lot of time on the Internets searching out like-minded folks, to be honest. It's not at all important to me to avoid routine; routine helps keep me sane because I know what to expect. :)

I get anxious. I exhaust myself because I try to think things out until I can't think anymore.

It doesn't affect me much. I can do the most monotonous work ever and be okay with it, because I'm always thinking about other things.

It doesn't take much to annoy me, but it takes a lot for me to become really angry. I am likely to be rude when I'm annoyed, but it doesn't translate into reckless behavior or physical violence.

I'm constantly evaluating my interactions with other people, and the ways in which I interact with the world. I'm constantly evaluating how I can be a better person in my interactions with the world.

I'd try to speak to them about it and show them how they're affecting the people around them. If their behavior didn't change, I'd distance myself from them.

I'm not sure I understand the question-- mostly my answer would be that I'd try something new.

I'd stay until I couldn't take it anymore. The things that would prompt me to stay would be loyalty and the fact that I've invested so much time and effort into it, so I'd hate to give it up. As for when I'd leave-- it'd be a "final straw" kind of situation.

Existentialism or abstraction? Not even a little bit. It drains me because I don't see the point. I prefer to think about things that affect life in a tangible way, in the here and now. I'm interested in comparative religions, but more from a sociological perspective. I'm interested in math, science, psychology, linguistics, politics, and current events.

Control is very important. VERY. IMPORTANT. But mostly in terms of controlling my own life, not anyone else's.
As for the last question... I don't know. It's so extreme/unrealistic that I have a problem making a choice.

Justice/fairness is VERY important. I get angry when I see injustice, and oftentimes I feel the anger physically.

Stability is important. I think there is such a thing as too much stability, but it's not something I've ever seen/experienced. I think of "too much stability" as being married and living in the suburbs with 2.5 kids, because that's not a life I'm interested in.

When a strong bond starts to form, I get excited. Excited at making the connection, and excitement about learning more about the other person and what makes them tick. Loyalty is very important to me, but it takes a while of being connected with someone before I'm really loyal to them. I think of loyalty as staying by a person's side despite hardship, and I'd be loyal to a person because I feel a connection with them.

See #13; it's very much the same reaction. Usually I express it verbally, but if it's not constructive (or won't change the situation) to express it verbally, I keep it inside.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
Questions!

Maybe weekly life, I'm mostly a homebody.

Medium-weak connection

I don't know that it has to be inactive. There's always something to do no matter where you are. Of course variety is important, very important. I don't know if avoiding routine is important to me. I might just move to a city that I find more suitable to my personality.

I shut down.

Anxiety

Quickly, I get neck pain and feel like withdrawing.

Yeah. It mostly mulls over what should be spoken and what should be kept in.

Um, my stupid dad who just had 1/3 of his lung removed because of cancer is smoking again... I have said nothing to him =[

I might talk myself into something, but it never ends up well.

I had been in a bad/ dead-end for 4 years. Stayed together for sake of our child. Lack of effort and change caused me to leave.

Deduction

Control, meh. Self control, sure, can't go running around like a looney! Person/environment, it depends on how much someone else might be trying to control me. I like to think I steer my own fate. I don't want to live on someone else's terms, that's not life. I dunno about the death part though...

Justice is important, sure. I get pissed when I see unjust things occurring. I don't know how I react phisically, i don't get out much to see unjust things occurring, haha.

Stability is important in some points of life. There is also a time for instability. Too much stability, maybe?

I feel happy when I make a strong bond with a person. I don't know how I feel physically, I guess it would depend on the type of relationship. Loyalty is important to me. Someone who's on your side/team when you need them to be is a loyal person. I'm not saying they can't disagree or whatever, but they don't oppose just on principle. Sure, I'd give that kind of loyalty. Why the f not? =]

I just can't answer this, it makes me too pissed. :steam:

Not really. I can't focus. I'm done.