User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    wow this exact scenario happened to me once, except i actually killed the spider but i laughed at her after =)
    I like this response better.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    well it was more like i threw the dead spider at her...and loled when she recoiled
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Because of their type.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

I totally understand the ISFJs reaction and I wouldn't want to be around that ENFP either. The spaz. *shakes head*
    Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Informative vs. directive. Informative =/= passive aggressiveness.
    <sighs in relief> Thank you Pitseleh.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Your post sounds quite emotional itself.

Anyway, you guys both have secondary F. Thing is, the ISFJ has the EXTROVERTED F. Which means everyone around her has the "privilege" of experiencing each and mood swing of hers with her!
    I heart ENFPs, although I'm not sure they realize how emotional they themselves come across. To the general pop regardless of type, people typically express perceiving ENFPs as way more expressive and emo. than ISFJs. Just sayin', in the OP it sounds more like that you feel annoyed by the ISFJ (and maybe should acknowledge that this is a subjective experience) and less like you are accurately describing ISFJs when you say they are "So Emotional."
    ....please at least consider the possibility.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Okay...my mum, I have decided is an ISFJ, but really REALLY unhealthly, so she doesn't really count, because mostly I find ISFJ's rather endearing, and just plain lovely, if some times a bit convential. Worrying seems to be their natural state, but they make me want to cuddle them.
    In my mum's case, "emotional" doesn't begin to describe it. Really. And I'm NFP. And she used to do this thing where she'd just go over and over....and over the same thought. Like a broken record. So bad, and so often that a psychologist suggested I'd have to move out and break contact, just to maintain my sanity. She had hella fe too...a nightmare for a Fi. For 17 years I lived through every mood swing, and I had to be a virtual mind reader. I do believe she was an exception, 'cause ISFJ's tend to be gentle souls in my experience since.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    istj

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    ... but it was NOTHING to cry about.

I'm wondering if they're not unhealthy ISFJs?

Your opinions?
    Just because they are crying about something you are not emotionally invested in does not make them an "unhealthy" version of ISFJ. Since when does expressing your emotions equate to being unhealthy?
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Man. I came back to the forum, was hoping to spend a little time on here today. And then I read the title of this thread, and remembered why I don't come on here very much.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ISFJ

ISFJ is one of the types I have the most trouble communicating with. I think it has to do with being easily offended (both by my my thoughts and words).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    ISFJ is one of the types I have the most trouble communicating with. I think it has to do with being easily offended (both by my my thoughts and words).
    Maybe.
    Or maybe you are extra-sensitive to their taking offense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    For example, my ISFJ friend (one of the two females) slept over last night. In the morning, she got an upsetting call, and she started BAWLING. When she hung up, she told me the reason, and I almost face-palmed. She did have reason to be upset, but it was NOTHING to cry about
    This is probably my Fi talking, but I don't see why anyone else should determine what is appropriate for someone to cry about. Most of the time, you only see the surface of their issue, and have no idea the full context. I also don't think that a strong emotional reaction invalidates the feeling behind it, and there are different cultural & even family standards for what is "dramatic" (very much a "Fe judgment" determined by groups). People react differently to different things because something may be very important to someone else that is not very important to you, and that does not make them wrong.

What I like about ISFJs being VERY emotionally expressive (as I'd like to distinguish that from being simply emotional, or emotionally unstable - all different), is that you usually know where you stand with them, and it's relatively easy to navigate their emotions as they gives you tons of clues to work with.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe