User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    It used to seem to me - and still sometimes does - that some introverts really just want to have a talking mirror... they want someone just like them to basically say out loud to them all the things they already think (because it's soooo much effort for them to say it themselves), so they can nod and say "I agree! I totally agree!" and then say to themselves "Wow this person is awesome!" Which... well, y'know, shows extraverts or SJ's aren't the only ones who can create an (often false) image of self-centred egotism.

Just a li'l perspective there from an extravert, on this introvert dominated board, to say, c'mon, it's not all roses looking from the other side either!!
    I like a lot of your comments, Sub, even if I'm not responding to them.

I'm not looking for someone to say the exact same things I think, but I'm dying for someone who can actually talk about abstract ideas rather than other people and pop culture and stupid stuff like that. There was a cashier who was like that. I took a week off, and she was gone when I came back. That's the only time I would ever bag groceries rather than doing my job, so I could talk to a cashier.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    Even just releasing details that shouldn't be released. Now I know that another female coworker has been on her period for a month straight. My response to ESFJ girl saying that was, "Do you think she wants you telling everybody that?"
    That's just gross, and highly inappropriate, especially telling it to the opposite sex. Maybe she's got some issue like Asperger's or something?

As my kids would complain: "Too much information!"

And thanks for sticking up for the other girl. Poor thing. I hate gossip.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    In spite of what others' have said, I can't muster any sympathy for you. That "fat" attack was pretty nasty and I think you knew it when you posted. No one's that socially daft.
    She's fat. It's a fact. Pull out the BMI if you want and get her height and weight. You can expect certain cruel treatmeant in this country if you're overweight, especially during certain stages in life such as childhood and high school. Such cruel treatment has an effect on you. Do I have to look for scientific studies on this to some sort of agreement here?

Also, I associate being overweight with being self-unconscious being that the three girls I know that are self-unconscious are overweight. I'd say they're all extroverts too. It's like a defense mechanism they use to get by, and I find it highly annoying. Perhaps there's another name for it, but that is what I call it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yes- EPs together DO go into a flurry of talking! people are terrified at times to be stuck with my sis and me together!

quit moving the bags of sugar then- manipulations only work if the other person complies

pop culture and other people ARE interesting topics! that's the way that some of us connect with people we don't know all that well- a nice neutral topic like pop culture or people that we both know is a good starter!

Maybe she doesn't understand you the best, but it's a two way street- you need to quit letting yourself fall for manipulations and you need to try and understand her better as well, because it sounds to me like you DON'T understand her well at all!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That's just gross, and highly inappropriate, especially telling it to the opposite sex. Maybe she's got some issue like Asperger's or something?

As my kids would complain: "Too much information!"

And thanks for sticking up for the other girl. Poor thing. I hate gossip.
    Well, it was like she was trying to tell everybody that and just that. She was talking about her period or periods in general when she decided to bring that up in front of me while talking to someone else.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

She's fat. It's a fact. Pull out the BMI if you want and get her height and weight. You can expect certain cruel treatmeant in this country if you're overweight, especially during certain stages in life such as childhood and high school. Such cruel treatment has an effect on you. Do I have to look for scientific studies on this to some sort of agreement here?

Also, I associate being overweight with being self-unconscious being that the three girls I know that are self-unconscious are overweight. I'd say they're all extroverts too. It's like a defense mechanism they use to get by, and I find it highly annoying. Perhaps there's another name for it, but that is what I call it.
    I found this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    quit moving the bags of sugar then- manipulations only work if the other person complies
    I didn't move the bags of sugar.

I guess I did move some non-literal bags of sugar, though, but they weren't that big of a deal. I really didn't want to move the sugar cause my back hurt and still does.

MBTI
    INTJ

It used to seem to me - and still sometimes does - that some introverts really just want to have a talking mirror... they want someone just like them to basically say out loud to them all the things they already think...
    I read somewhere that INTJs prefer a homogenous group, though I don't know the motive behind it.
    Perhaps INTPs are similar in that.

I don't think it's fair to condemn a whole group of people for something they can't change.

I understand your frustration. Sorry we're so frustrating to you. Each type has those things they are irked by.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    ...If that's supposed to make me think "poor you", then it has failed abysmally, to say the least
    Hmmm. Well, this'll teach him ... he either will never post anything of the sort again, after having to read such an extensive blow-by-blow description of the personal impact it made on you... or he's impervious to such things anyway and just doesn't give a flying fig either way.

It's not that I necessarily disagree with you (because, yes, I think it was bad form of him and an unfair/bad attitude)... but ... this is a bit laborious, don't you think? Like beating the horse until there's nothing left but a gooey greasy spot on the ground?

What is the actual positive resolution here that this extensive, negative analysis is contributing towards? I think the goal should define the discussion. We're not trying to resolve your feelings here... they aren't the issue.

In that sense, INTJMom probably has the right idea, in the need to ease up. He's already been slapped silly, we don't need to belabor the point, I think he got it. Continual beating just defeats the purpose.

(This is me wearing my "member" hat, btw...)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I found this post
    Same here.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta