User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Why almost? Afraid to stand up for your opinions?
    I'm a type 9. I really don't like conflict.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    If you want fluff or sensitivity, go talk to some F type.
    You seem to be discriminating against F-people! :1377:

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

This reflects more upon you than her.

MBTI
    INTJ

So what do you want? Wouldn't the answer to your question be fairly obvious (no)?

Calm down.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Maybe this thread would be more appropriate at INTPc. You'll get all the loving sympathy you could ever need.
    Agreed.

Furthermore, BMI has nothing to do with MBTI. So grow up. You AND your character-assassinating friend.

If she's not like-able, she's not like-able. Finis.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'mNotTooPopular,

Perhaps you'd like to rephrase your question, into how you could better deal with traits you find frustrating in a colleague, vs attack a type as being frustrating?

We all like our private spaces, and we hate being intruded upon, so I can see where you're coming from there. People can be frustrating, whatever the type. But we hate being judged by our appearances and by our type just as much, isn't it.

The post sounds young. Perhaps put a brake on the Ti judging, and try engage your Ne to understand where she could be coming from firstly, and to work out how best to get along?

I'd be wary of typing someone by MBTI and sticking to it so firmly IRL - it creates a certain myopia that prevents one from really learning how to live with others?

And if you don't like her, as wildcat said, live your own life, don't let her bug you so much. Distance yourself more?

MBTI
    INFJ

I mentioned she's fat because I didn't want people to start thinking she was one of those popular, attractive ESFJs.
    Stereotype number 1: fat people can't be popular.

Stereotype number 2: fat people can't be attractive.

I'd like to stay at home, but it doesn't pay. Even INTPs need to eat.
    Too bad. I'm afraid you'll have to learn to deal with the other types then.

Umm, yes, I would say she's self-unconscious. It's probably her way of dealing with all the rejection she received based on being overweight.
    Do you *know* that she's received rejection because of her weight, or are you just assuming? In which case that would be stereotype number 3.

And if she's learned to be self-unconscious because of this hypothetical rejection, then more power to her, I say!! I just wish she could teach me how to do the same and not care about what creeps like you think of me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Maybe this thread would be more appropriate at INTPc. You'll get all the loving sympathy you could ever need.
    Yes, this seems to be another person who signed up for the forums without really thinking about what a site having to do with all MBTI types would involve.

MBTI
    INTJ

So, now I end up working with this fat ESFJ girl, and she is so annoying. She basically goes up to anyone and starts talking about simple, boring, everyday stuff like her roomate stealing her toilet paper and how she likes to eat cake.

She's always quick to come up with stupid judgements (notice the SJ) about me. She'll ask me to do stuff because she's too lazy to do it herself, and if I don't oblige, she says stuff like I'm mean. Maybe she's right when she says I'm rude, but I'm an INTP. DEAL WITH IT! If you want fluff or sensitivity, go talk to some F type.

My ENTP friend and I discussed how ESFJs have this way of trying to manipulate people with their stupid judgements, but how it doesn't work with us. Personally, when ESFJ girl says I'm mean, I just stand there thinking, "You're an idiot."

I know better than to tell her anything personal or meaningful because after two or three days, everyone in the whole damn store is gonna know about it. So pretty much I just stand there and mirror her level of interaction, by saying no more than boring everyday crap. Of course, sometimes we need to talk about work related stuff, so that works out okay.

Yesterday, she asked me for a ride home later and my automatic response was NO. Then she said something about not giving a "friend" a ride home. I almost told her, "You're not my friend. You're someone who stands in front of me and goes blah blah blah." Really, this girl doesn't know a thing about me. I haven't even mentioned a thing to her about my interest in personality theories.
    Oh, MAN! I feel your pain!!
    I've known people like that, too! There's such a dichotomy between what you're thinking and feeling on the inside and what you feel obligated to portray on the outside.
    I feel for you. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm so embarrassed now that I've read all the other responses!

But I'm not gonna change my answer now.

I didn't know everyone loves to hate ESFJs. My sister-in-law is an ESFJ and I think she's wonderful. She's a hard worker, keeps a neat home, is a good listener, is generous, is always cheerful. I don't get what's the matter with that!