User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 197

  1. #171
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Peace people, peace!

  2. #172
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    PG? I was just making a bit of light fun! damn you serious types!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  3. #173
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    I'm beginning to think ImNotToPopular is a possible troll, and has definitely turned into an internet persona, over the course of this thread. There isn't really an attempt to argue anything, or say anything on the forum outside this thread, and most of the posts seem more oriented toward creating an impressions, and separating out people based on group.
    Even if that's so (not the troll part), you don't know how much of a reader I am. I'm much more of a reader here than a poster.

  4. #174
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Well, just don't call it 'manipulation' right from the start. I mean, what do you expect people to do, not make a judgement? Now, no offense, but as much as you've said "Esfjs do bla bla bla" I don't even have a good reason to take for granted that the 'esfjs' you talk about are even ESFJs!
    Now, I also think anyone would have a right to get grumpy if you tried to make them logically justify every thought they ever had. Because it's just as controlling!
    Demanding that other people play your kind of football isn't fair no matter which side of this you come from.
    Well the girl I work with says so much that it's easy to figure out her type. She talks and talks and will go up to anyone and talk and talk. She never talks about anything except simple everyday stuff. I'm quite familiar with ES_P types and she doesn't bare a resemblance to them. She also said stuff to confirm that she's J like how she always keeps up with keeping her house clean and how she has a lot of traditional views (this would suggest SJ). From there you just need to figure out if she's more power/success oriented (ESTJ) or people judgement oriented (ESFJ).

    I mean there's this really quiet girl that seems like she could be ISTJ, but I admit, that's just guess work. I have no idea if it's right because I can barely get her to say anything.

  5. #175
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    Well the girl I work with says so much that it's easy to figure out her type. She talks and talks and will go up to anyone and talk and talk. She never talks about anything except simple everyday stuff. I'm quite familiar with ES_P types and she doesn't bare a resemblance to them. She also said stuff to confirm that she's J like how she always keeps up with keeping her house clean and how she has a lot of traditional views (this would suggest SJ). From there you just need to figure out if she's more power/success oriented (ESTJ) or people judgement oriented (ESFJ).

    I mean there's this really quiet girl that seems like she could be ISTJ, but I admit, that's just guess work. I have no idea if it's right because I can barely get her to say anything.
    Well, I'm not convinced. I admit I probably never will be with the line of reasoning you use. By the way, I can hear the judgement in 'simple everyday stuff' when you wrote it. I can hear the judgement in it. There's nothing wrong with simple, everyday stuff.

    Anyway, regardless of what type she is, I still don't feel at all like you're right and she's wrong. And I suggest you don't try to convince me that you're all in the right, because that's almost certianly not the case.

    With the whole 'mean' thing, by the way, it seems like you need to practice
    defending yourself instead of insulting this person in your mind, where she can't defend herself.

  6. #176
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This thread is awesome.

    We need more like it at INTPc.
    LOL!

  7. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    She never talks about anything except simple everyday stuff
    Well, perhaps she gets a vibe from YOU or others that 'indepth' conversations wouldn't be appropriate? I only talk about light-hearted crap at work too, because I don't want to SHARE so much of myself with co-workers.

    I'm quite curious about your age. You strike me as young and inexperienced so therefore I will take what you say with a huge grain of salt. As you mature I'm sure you will realize that we are all unique and can't easily be put into 16 little boxes.

    Ok- I admit I only read the first 8 pages.

  8. #178
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    So, now I end up working with this fat ESFJ girl, and she is so annoying. She basically goes up to anyone and starts talking about simple, boring, everyday stuff like her roomate stealing her toilet paper and how she likes to eat cake.

    She's always quick to come up with stupid judgements (notice the SJ) about me. She'll ask me to do stuff because she's too lazy to do it herself, and if I don't oblige, she says stuff like I'm mean. Maybe she's right when she says I'm rude, but I'm an INTP. DEAL WITH IT! If you want fluff or sensitivity, go talk to some F type.

    My ENTP friend and I discussed how ESFJs have this way of trying to manipulate people with their stupid judgements, but how it doesn't work with us. Personally, when ESFJ girl says I'm mean, I just stand there thinking, "You're an idiot."

    I know better than to tell her anything personal or meaningful because after two or three days, everyone in the whole damn store is gonna know about it. So pretty much I just stand there and mirror her level of interaction, by saying no more than boring everyday crap. Of course, sometimes we need to talk about work related stuff, so that works out okay.

    Yesterday, she asked me for a ride home later and my automatic response was NO. Then she said something about not giving a "friend" a ride home. I almost told her, "You're not my friend. You're someone who stands in front of me and goes blah blah blah." Really, this girl doesn't know a thing about me. I haven't even mentioned a thing to her about my interest in personality theories.
    I think you're going about this all wrong. She is obviously on your mind otherwise you wouldn't have wasted your time posting about her. I think you her. You say she is fat, so maybe you two could work out at the gym together a few days a week. After work perhaps? Also would I be wrong in assuming that you're Uber hot? Maybe some of your hotness will rub off on her and you two can do the humpity dumpity together. Or if that doesn't pan out you could just get another job.

    Good luck and keep us posted!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  9. #179
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Well, perhaps she gets a vibe from YOU or others that 'indepth' conversations wouldn't be appropriate? I only talk about light-hearted crap at work too, because I don't want to SHARE so much of myself with co-workers.

    I'm quite curious about your age. You strike me as young and inexperienced so therefore I will take what you say with a huge grain of salt. As you mature I'm sure you will realize that we are all unique and can't easily be put into 16 little boxes.

    Ok- I admit I only read the first 8 pages.
    I'm not so young, but I am inexperienced due to my lack of popularity.

    I have noticed she never talks about her relationship with her boyfriend. I wonder why. To me it seems that it might be a more practical relationship than deep and passionate. Her boyfriend also seems SJ, but I don't know him that well.

  10. #180
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I think you're going about this all wrong. She is obviously on your mind otherwise you wouldn't have wasted your time posting about her. I think you her. You say she is fat, so maybe you two could work out at the gym together a few days a week. After work perhaps? Also would I be wrong in assuming that you're Uber hot? Maybe some of your hotness will rub off on her and you two can do the humpity dumpity together. Or if that doesn't pan out you could just get another job.

    Good luck and keep us posted!
    I her? No way. I don't find her attractive even in the slightest way.

    If I were hot, I might actually be popular. Some girls have been known to say I'm cute, though.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFJ] ESFJ + IST/FJ: How Do You Know When A ESFJ Likes You?
    By LavenderSoda in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2016, 11:00 AM
  2. [ESFJ] What is an ESFJ like?
    By Little Linguist in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 10:05 PM
  3. There are doors all up in this hoe, FOOL!
    By TopherRed in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO