User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*looks innocent* I tried to help you out, man, but you probably couldn't pick out my bluntly laid out ESTP style deal with this person plan. Sure I criticized you, but what did you expect? Me being helpful without getting a little fun out of the deal?

:yim_rolling_on_the_
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This still doesn't make the person raising it look good.

Either they know of the fault, in which case their comparison is intellectually dishonest.

Or they don't, in which case there is no irony, just stupidity.
    You short-sighted T. What matters is not the how of the comparison, but the why. Not the form, but the purpose.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    You short-sighted T. What matters is not the how of the comparison, but the why. Not the form, but the purpose.
    That is exactly what I was talking about.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This is exactly what I meant when I said we should be safe but not comfortable! Everyone has soundly spanked the OP for contributing to an atmosphere that would feel unsafe for an ESFJ, while still attempting to guard the safety of the OP, but not shying away from challenging the attitudes he brought to the table.

Bravo, folks!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This still doesn't make the person raising it look good.

Either they know of the fault, in which case their comparison is intellectually dishonest.

Or they don't, in which case there is no irony, just stupidity.
    Blow it out your ass. honestly.

I brought up the analogy becuase the original comment was bigoted: it wasn't saying anything based on type preferences, it was just based on prejudice. (I'm starting to get tired of bringing that up, and other people have said this, so I'm probably being redundant by now). It wasn't meant to fit with every piece, it was meant to point out the bigotry of it. If you try to reverse engineer my comment to prove it wrong, you're being a bonehead.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *looks innocent* I tried to help you out, man, but you probably couldn't pick out my bluntly laid out ESTP style deal with this person plan. Sure I criticized you, but what did you expect? Me being helpful without getting a little fun out of the deal?

:yim_rolling_on_the_
    It's okay. You can criticize INTPs. As I said before in a thread long, long ago: INTPs are machines. We do not feel pain. We only create pain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This is exactly what I meant when I said we should be safe but not comfortable! Everyone has soundly spanked the OP for contributing to an atmosphere that would feel unsafe for an ESFJ, while still attempting to guard the safety of the OP, but not shying away from challenging the attitudes he brought to the table.

Bravo, folks!
    To my knowledge, ESFJs don't come here, and if they do, they don't stay long or participate much. I assume just the focus on theory is an atmosphere that makes them feel unsafe.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Blow it out your ass. honestly.

I brought up the analogy becuase the original comment was bigoted: it wasn't saying anything based on type preferences, it was just based on prejudice. (I'm starting to get tired of bringing that up, and other people have said this, so I'm probably being redundant by now). It wasn't meant to fit with every piece, it was meant to point out the bigotry of it. If you try to reverse engineer my comment to prove it wrong, you're being a bonehead.
    Ah, I see. You weren't trying for an intellectual argument at all.

This was instead good ol' Feeler manipulation.

You compare the poster's stance to that of a RACIST. And since in these times no one (except fringe people) want to be a RACIST, he should modify his views to be in line with yours.

Bravo.

(And if you can't see what I am talking about, yeah, you probably aren't a T that has to deal with this on a continual basis.)

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    It's okay. You can criticize INTPs. As I said before in a thread long, long ago: INTPs are machines. We do not feel pain. We only create pain.
    Well, according to you, the ESFJ is the Bliss Ninny and you've been reduced to venting/getting spanked on an internet forum. How easy it would've been to say "Awww !"

Anyways, I feel like my chain is getting jerked now and I'm over it. I don't feel chastised for anything cause nothing (from my lowly EFJ perspective) has been said that is wrong.

You're not going to be cast outside the city gates so don't worry.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Is it too late to talk about the frequency of judgement manipulation amongst ESFJs?

Judgement manipulation is when a person wants you to do something, and speaks a negative judgement about you if you don't agree.