User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 197

  1. #111
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    All depends on whether you see the title of the thread as a sarcastic rhetorical question, or a genuine enquiry.

    I think, knowing INTP's, that it was a bit of both...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  2. #112
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    All depends on whether you see the title of the thread as a sarcastic rhetorical question, or a genuine enquiry.
    Ugh, sarcasm... A dangerous toy to play with, to say the least.

  3. #113
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    All depends on whether you see the title of the thread as a sarcastic rhetorical question, or a genuine enquiry.

    I think, knowing INTP's, that it was a bit of both...
    There's nothing genuine about that kind of inquiry. They guy's intention was clearly to start a bitch-about-ESFJ's session. I'd say the last wisp of genuine-ness floated away when he mentioned (completely irrelivantly) that this person was overwieght.

    just wondering, but would you call a thread titled "are all black people like this" an honest inquiry?

  4. #114
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    just wondering, but would you call a thread titled "are all black people like this" an honest inquiry?
    I agree with this. And will continue to agree with it, as it truly reflects how I perceive the OP. Wandering said "contempt" and that's what I saw as well.

    FWIW, I appreciate all of the opinions on both sides of this fence. Disagreement isn't insubordination to anyone.

    Geez, Louise.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  5. #115
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Some people are really clueless. Honestly, really, they are absolutely clueless. A large percentage of the utterly clueless population are, I suspect, INTP's. I really honestly wouldn't put it past some INTP's to actually mentioned someone being overweight in a deadpan voice with no malicious intent, oblivious to how it makes them come across. I also wouldn't put it past them to see how their badly worded enquiry would be taken by the majority of people.

    My daughter is INTP and she has often been known to say, quite flatly, things that people instantly categorize as rude and insulting, and she honestly can't understand why they see it that way, and honestly doesn't mean it that way.

    Just remember the clueless factor. And from what I see, there are few people more clueless and prone to making serious social gaffes, than young INTP's.

    This may or may not be the case with I'mNot, but point is, we don't have sufficient information to call it one way or the other just going by the OP.

    Admittedly, I agree with Proteanmix that he hasn't exactly helped himself as the thread's gone on. People have extended a hand to help him get out of the hole he dug himself into, and he seems to have just been too clueless to even notice those hands or take them, instead carrying on whith his shovel action.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  6. #116
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    This thread is awesome.

    We need more like it at INTPc.

  7. #117
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This thread is awesome.

    We need more like it at INTPc.
    Exhibit A.



    *pokes the bear*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  8. #118
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Just remember the clueless factor. And from what I see, there are few people more clueless and prone to making serious social gaffes, than young INTP's.
    *sigh*

    You're right. Of course you're right.

    Though that doesn't make it any much easier to deal with socially inept and MBTI abusive INTPs out to shoot down anyone who doesn't realise that, unless they are INTPs themselves, they are not worthy of the INTP's attention and respect :SaiyanSmilie_anim:

    Honestly, sometimes I feel like my real "shadow type" is the INTP

  9. #119
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Some people are really clueless. Honestly, really, they are absolutely clueless. A large percentage of the utterly clueless population are, I suspect, INTP's. I really honestly wouldn't put it past some INTP's to actually mentioned someone being overweight in a deadpan voice with no malicious intent, oblivious to how it makes them come across. I also wouldn't put it past them to see how their badly worded enquiry would be taken by the majority of people.

    My daughter is INTP and she has often been known to say, quite flatly, things that people instantly categorize as rude and insulting, and she honestly can't understand why they see it that way, and honestly doesn't mean it that way.

    Just remember the clueless factor. And from what I see, there are few people more clueless and prone to making serious social gaffes, than young INTP's.

    This may or may not be the case with I'mNot, but point is, we don't have sufficient information to call it one way or the other just going by the OP.

    Admittedly, I agree with Proteanmix that he hasn't exactly helped himself as the thread's gone on. People have extended a hand to help him get out of the hole he dug himself into, and he seems to have just been too clueless to even notice those hands or take them, instead carrying on whith his shovel action.
    Yeah, I'm pretty clueless. I'm not sure I should even respond here anymore. I like your responses and ENTPs in general, so I guess I could respond to you. Perhaps I should just fade into obscurity since this name doesn't seem to be valid anymore, since I'll probably be remembered for a quite a while as the infamous INTP who started this 12 page mess. I guess I could resurrect myself with a new screen name like SuperHappyFriendlyINTP.

  10. #120
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    What you wrote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    *sigh*

    You're right. Of course you're right.

    Though that doesn't make it any much easier to deal with socially inept and MBTI abusive INTPs out to shoot down anyone who doesn't realise that, unless they are INTPs themselves, they are not worthy of the INTP's attention and respect :SaiyanSmilie_anim:

    Honestly, sometimes I feel like my real "shadow type" is the INTP
    What I read:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    *blah*

    blah blah. blah blah blah blah.

    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah INTPs blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah INTPs blah blah blah blah blah blah blah INTP's blah blah blah :SaiyanSmilie_anim:

    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah INTP

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFJ] ESFJ + IST/FJ: How Do You Know When A ESFJ Likes You?
    By LavenderSoda in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2016, 11:00 AM
  2. [ESFJ] What is an ESFJ like?
    By Little Linguist in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 10:05 PM
  3. There are doors all up in this hoe, FOOL!
    By TopherRed in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO