User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

He's not climbing out the hole he created with his posts...

I agree wholeheartedly with what Wandering said. I liken it to when INTPs do a blow by blow dissection of someone's treasured idea. She just dissected what was wrong with his OP and his behavior based on the information he's given us in the thread.

ImNotTooPopular, how did you expect people to respond to this thread? What was your purpose in creating it? I'd say your popularity is increasing leaps and bounds right now.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    He's not climbing out the hole he created with his posts...

I agree wholeheartedly with what Wandering said. I liken it to when INTPs do a blow by blow dissection of someone's treasured idea. She just dissected what was wrong with his OP and his behavior based on the information he's given us in the thread.
    Agreed.

ImNotTooPopular, how did you expect people to respond to this thread? What was your purpose in creating it? I'd say your popularity is increasing leaps and bounds right now.
    I'm stunned that others are shocked by the deep offense some of us have taken to his bigoted language. Strong offense was EASILY a possibility with his OP. Not taking his side hardly constitutes "ganging up" on him. We have our valid opinions as well. Emilio Estevez said to Ally Sheedy in "The Breakfast Club" that she gets what she gets when she dumped out the contents of her purse and invited others into her mess.

I have no sympathy for him. I don't care how repellent the woman in question is. He's proven to be just as unpleasant. End of story.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I agree with Pink! I'm generally prepared to take the fall if I post something that can be considered rude and bitchy- I'm (wo)man enough to take it! I don't think that anyone should dish out something they can't eat themselves. Sure- there are unpleasant people out there, but are you going to make it all better by being unpleasant yourself? Maybe if it's aimed at them directly, but being unpleasant towards her here isn't helping you in any manner- it's not getting anything done AND it's making some of us mad at you!

sorry- but bringing other issues like body type into your complaints was basically an act of digging your own grave- it's a really good way to offend people- you might want to keep that in mind for future use Some of us have overweight friends, some of whom are ESFJs, who we adore dearly!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    And I am just as irritated when an INTP does it, in a situation where it does not contribute to a positive outcome. Context is essential.

So let's (1) determine the goal, and then (2) determine what behavior helps us reach our goal.

This was a question that would have been excellent... if it had been asked before the horse had been beaten into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I'm stunned that others are shocked by the deep offense some of us have taken to his bigoted language. Strong offense was EASILY a possibility with his OP. Not taking his side hardly constitutes "ganging up" on him. We have our valid opinions as well. ...
    None of that is disputed. But it's hardly an excuse to justify what amounts to group retaliation.

This is rather ironic: We're a full-range MBTI forum, so y'all seeing what happens when different types butt heads on equal footing... and somehow we have to resolve this without slighting any particular type. Hmmm.

Which I'm at a loss to do. Because I found the OP immature and naive, but in case you did not notice I'm actually very offended by the ExFJ bloodthirst going on right now. You're on a moral rampage (imo), and I really REALLY would desire a more balanced approach that takes care of everyone's needs... not just yours.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

How it seems this thread is about F-T difference?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I'm stunned that others are shocked by the deep offense some of us have taken to his bigoted language. Strong offense was EASILY a possibility with his OP. Not taking his side hardly constitutes "ganging up" on him. We have our valid opinions as well. Emilio Estevez said to Ally Sheedy in "The Breakfast Club" that she gets what she gets when she dumped out the contents of her purse and invited others into her mess.

I have no sympathy for him. I don't care how repellent the woman in question is. He's proven to be just as unpleasant. End of story.
    I agree completely.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

but it's so fun to beat a dead horse, and it's such a good workout for my upper body muscles to weild my shillelagh for the purpose of dead horse pulping!

( I really wanted an excuse to use the word shillelagh today for some odd reason! )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hehe..although I'm coming into this after the horse has been beaten.... (you know, another forum I'm a part of has a 'Beating a dead horse' emoticon...it's a shame it's not here! :-)

This is what I notice about the OP:

1. No, not every ESFJ is like this,
    2. You don't like this woman, and you don't have to like this woman. That's fine that you don't like her. From your descriptions, I probably wouldn't care for her. But I also know you're just presenting one side of the situation - who knows how this woman has perceived YOUR behavior, or even whether you're reading her intentions accurately??
    3. You seem to expect others to cater to your needs (i.e. your interests, your beliefs, your behaviors), but you have no level of acceptance for the other persons' behaviors. What could possibly motivate them to react in favorable ways towards you (and what would motivate them to want to get to know the real you?) if you don't react favorably/positively towards them? Or at the very least, neutral?
    4. The tone of the OP makes me smile - just the irony of all of it. She's judging you, you're judging her...seems like an even match!! :-)
    5. I understand the need to have 'deeper' conversations, as I experience similar things. But unfortunately not everyone operates this way, and as I'm sure you know, you're not going to experience a 'deep' conversation with everyone you meet. But there does have to be some give and take, and I think an awareness that everyone IS different. Also recognizing that you're having an issue with a couple of people at work --> doesn't mean it equates at all to ESFJ's as a whole. Seems like you have lots of expectations of others. You're experiencing disconnect, or a lack of connection as you'd like, so you're casting all the blame on everyone else, rather than maybe letting go of the expectations and seeking other outlets (outside of work?) for your deeper conversations. Or whatever.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    She's fat. It's a fact.
    It's an IRRELEVANT fact. That's my point: this fact is totally irrelevant to the rest of your post, because from what I understand, you would have just as much of a problem with that girl if she weren't fat. So why mention that she's fat at all?? The only way this information is relevant to your OP is in the way I mentioned: to easily and quickly designate her as the baddie.

Or are you saying that you are especially annoyed at her behaviour because she's fat ?

Also, I associate being overweight with being self-unconscious being that the three girls I know that are self-unconscious are overweight. I'd say they're all extroverts too.
    Logical error: A implies B, does not imply that B implies A. You might have associated being self-unconscious with being overweight, but that doesn't mean that all overweight girls are self-unconscious. In fact, in reality, most fat girls are more self-conscious than average.

Moreover, I have problems believing that 1) you know only 3 self-unconscious girls, and 2) they all happen to be overweight. That's a bit too much of a coincidence, don't you think? Could it be that you only noticed their self-unconsciousness precisely because they are overweight and thus far more visible? I've had stuff like that happen to me more times than I care to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What is the actual positive resolution here that this extensive, negative analysis is contributing towards? I think the goal should define the discussion. We're not trying to resolve your feelings here... they aren't the issue.
    Wow, major misunderstanding here! My bad for not explaining my intent.

My post was not about me and my poor feelings: it was about the message I got from the OP and the effect it had on me. And the purpose of it, believe it or not, was to help ImNotTooPopular understand where I was coming from. That post was prompted by Sub's remark that some people were being quite harsh on ImNot: I wanted to explain why I was being so harsh. I was trying to show the mechanism of my irritation. I was hoping to help ImNot deal with Feelers, by understanding how some of us work.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Again, my bad.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I saw this post as similar to stuff I hear day to day, where someone goes on a random gossip rant on some other person, talking about the other person's ugly hair, annoying talk about their brother, how they just sit there and don't work, blah, blah... (for a made up on the spot example, there are lots of variations.)

I don't see these as worthwhile to listen to, or worthwhile to read on a forum, and the ESFJ bit does not belong on an all MBTI types forum.