User Tag List

First 1234 Last

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    I look at the big picture first, and, only if the plan needs adjustments, I go into the details.
    ++
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I went to a orientation recently that had us do the following activity.

Partner up with another person. One person is Person A and the other is Person B. Sit back to back with your partner. Person A is given a drawing similar to this:

and person A had to describe the individual shapes and placement of the shapes to person B to draw it. Then we got another picture and switched.

They explained the point of the activity was to show us communication gaps in one person's view of accuracy, description, and detail vs. another's and how to bridge that gap. Everybody's drawing looked liked a drunk left-handed monkey with PD was given a box of crayons, except one team's...theirs looked pretty decent. I guess that activity changed my mind about what details means.

Read your contracts people!
    Uhh, that's not a very hard activity. It wouldn't be that difficult. I would separate it into multiple parts, then recreate the entire drawing step by step, telling my partner what to draw and where. No way I'm letting some other people beat me.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

By the way, this is the first time I see a moderator posting here.
    Wow, most mods do avoid the Guardhouse. I've really only seen fidelia here recently, and besides that... Wow, I had never really thought about it. I guess it's because there are no definite SJ mods (if I remember correctly).

I think I'm pretty detail oriented. When people miss little details, it pisses me off. I think I would be a very good copy editor. But when it comes to getting things done, my thought process involves deciding on my bigger goal and then deciding what to do in order to achieve that goal. Just like what other SJs have said here.

But I'm still one of those people who feels the need to get out a pen to correct spelling errors on random postings on the street... So I guess the answer is: I'm detail oriented, but I don't get stuck on the details most of the time. (A notable exception being: when I see a movie and love it until the last five minutes, I hate the movie. Those five minutes kill it.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Wow, most mods do avoid the Guardhouse. I've really only seen fidelia here recently, and besides that... Wow, I had never really thought about it. I guess it's because there are no definite SJ mods (if I remember correctly).
    Or because that, even when "fighting", we are too civilized.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Or because that, even when "fighting", we are too civilized.
    Absolutely.

This is how SJs spam:

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Great find.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm detailed beyond detailed about certain things, and absolutely slapdash about others.

For example -- day-to-day housework = slapdash. I don't care, don't want to, never feel like it.

However, if I have invited someone over for dinner, I can't begin to describe the trouble I take. Every last nuance has to be perfect, and not even just perfect, but has to be memorable, exquisite, transport you with delight, I mean, my expectations for what I can pull off are HIGH. Also if I give a gift. The gift itself has to be just so, but also the wrapping has to take your breath away, and the card has to go with the wrapping paper, and I might fuss two or three times with what color and type of ribbon, etc. I can't just do things like that. They have to be endlessly fretted over. I enjoy it but it also makes me a nervous wreck.

At work, I'm terrified to turn things in that are not accurate, so I check, double check, triple check, and I'm crushed if I miss something because it feels like I can't try any harder, so if that's the limit of my ability, wow. It took a long time to learn that everybody makes mistakes.

But it depends on how much responsibility I'm given, too. One boss double and triple checks everything himself and does not give me final proofing rights, so I don't care how it gets entered. He's going to change it anyway.

If it's mine, it gets fussed over, long story short.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

^^ Well, said!

I start out with the big picture, and work my way backward, I guess. I see what I want to accomplish and then I figure out the necessary steps to get there... And each of those steps is incredibly detailed for me. My academic coach figured that out last night after we spoke on the phone... I'm pretty sure by the end of the conversation that he probably assumed I was very anal retentive... Not really much of an assumption though, it's pretty much true.

When it comes to watching movies or looking at pictures, I seem to be the one that catches the flaws in movies... Like when they show an actor in a scene and he's not wearing a jacket, and the pan back to them and magically they've now got a jacket on... Drives me insane. In pictures I tend to notice details of the background instead of just focusing on the main image... I guess I like to study the picture as a whole, not just the main focal point.

I'm like Tiltyred... If it's not something that interests me, I'm probably not gonna give a rat's ass about details... But if it's something I'm really into I probably overdo it on details.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It is because of the way the details come together that we can see the big picture.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I quite often pay attention to details, but I don't feel like I'm being obsessive about it. Actually, even though I pay attention to details, I can ignore them just as well. I'm much more obsessed about the functions of things, rather than it's details. Being a self-aware ISTJ, I can also take a look at the bigger picture and try to see the importance of fine detail in contrast to the whole.

In other words, I have no problems using devices that are partly broken, cheap or just plain ugly. Also, when planning things I like to just loose plans, to leave space of possible changes. But on the other hand, I do need to make those plans in the first place. So I need to pay attention to the detail so that I may ignore them.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla