User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Talking You know your an ISFJ when...

Feel free to post some "You know your an ISFJ when..." statements.

All Natural! All Good!

Do you think you're an ISFJ? I just saw your dom-tert loop thread and I'm having the same problem.
    Oh god, the schizoid (or whatever) loop SUCKS.

You know you're an ISFJ when you end up in a dom-tert loop and suffocate in your own solitude, the same solitude that was once a blessing. Too much of a good thing.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Hmm....not sure if I'm doing this right, but here goes:

You know you're an ISFJ when, talking to exotic dancers, your first thought is to be really nice to them because you're worried they probably get treated like trash a lot
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    You know you're an ISFJ when, talking to exotic dancers, your first thought is to be really nice to them because you're worried they probably get treated like trash a lot
    I do the same thing with people who work in retail. I thank them profusely, wish them well, etc almost to the point of excess. They get bitched at by angry customers all day long so I make a point of being polite.
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ENTP

When at war, your secondary concern is survival. Your first is making sure your companions don't get a scratch.
    You're the one doing the menial/boring tasks just so that others wouldn't be bothered with them. Others are used to it and it's not spectacular, so people will tend to take your contribution for granted and forget to thank you for it. You won't show, but it hurts a bit.
    That's why you're going all out of your way to thank the people who do the menial jobs.
    I don't know but I guess dom-Si and aux-Fe would make you good at remembering the names of your neighbours.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    You're the one doing the menial/boring tasks just so that others wouldn't be bothered with them. Others are used to it and it's not spectacular, so people will tend to take your contribution for granted and forget to thank you for it. You won't show, but it hurts a bit.
    That's why you're going all out of your way to thank the people who do the menial jobs.
    This might be true for other ISFJs but not for all. The reason I thank people who do "menial jobs" is simply because, well, they get bitched at (as I said). [I thank them to neutralize the bitching, so if all were neutral, I would just leave it be.] I don't do things for other people, I'm a bit of a selfish ass , and I don't expect people to thank me for doing things for myself! Yet, they still do, because sometimes I accidentally help them in the process of feeding my own self-interest. Anyway, it would seem from type theory that you are right about us, but from my experience as an ISFJ I have to disagree.
    So eat it, you should.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    When at war, your secondary concern is survival. Your first is making sure your companions don't get a scratch.
    I do the same thing - actually sometimes I'm more polite to sales people in stores than they are to me, because I remind myself that they might be having a really bad day and they're being treated poorly. I don't think that makes me ISFJ.

I do already want to hug the ISFJs in this thread for the replies they've given, though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

...when you make a new thread but aren't sure where it goes, you worry that you'll put it in the wrong place and someone will be mad at you for breaking the rules

...you subconsciously begin emulating a person's laugh after being in the room with her for too long and then wonder if she noticed

...you claim to not give a shit what people think about you but somehow can't bring yourself to say hello to complete strangers for fear of seeming too forward or desperate for attention

...you get flustered when a person commands you to "Speak Up"

And one of my personal favorites-
    ...you get attached to the car behind you on the highway, and feel a sense of loss once they turn off.

MBTI
    ENFP

Im aware im not an ISFJ but i gotta let you know that you guys sound like the sweetest people in the world, i wish i knew one

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Emectar View Post
    Im aware im not an ISFJ but i gotta let you know that you guys sound like the sweetest people in the world, i wish i knew one
    We certainly can be but we're hardly angels. At our best we are diffently one of the types you'll always want to have around. At our worst....yeah, just ask around about some of the horror stories others on this forum have dealing with ISFJs

*edit*

Something else to add to the thread that happened to me recently:

You know you're an ISFJ when you're working with a boss who's constantly interrupting your work to do things he wants to do, and just as you're about to boil over with frustration and rage over your routine getting interrupted over and over again and the fact that because you're not going to be able to do your job that you feel like you're going to let a lot of people down....your boss apologizes to you and informs you that he doesn't expect you to do a good job and that they're VERY short handed tonight and that he hates to impose on you constantly.

So you then go from being extremely angry to feeling really guilty and then resolve yourself to work harder to prove yourself to this guy who only 20 minutes ago you were prepared to murder if he didn't leave you alone and let you work.

Any other ISFJs this volatile or is it just me?
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson