User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 28

  1. #11
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    In your opinion what happens when we die?
    No idea. Every religion seems to have their own pet idea as to how "life-after-death" proceeds so your guess is as good as mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Why are we here?
    This is a loaded question, as it presupposes an intent behind the creation of humanity. Once that has been established, then this question is valid.

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Add any extra thoughts

    I just want to partake in a serious debate
    I forsee this thread getting moved to the Philosophy section sooner or later if a debate does start in this thread.

    Not that I'll be participating in it any further beyond that point. When I became an atheist 9 years ago I used for participate in online debates about God, religion, and everything in between and after doing that for several years I came to the conclusion that debating religion is a frustratingly GIGANTIC waste of time. While I have no issue with presenting my own point of view or belief, I refuse to get dragged into discussing the matter further.

    Good luck with the thread Saslou-chan!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  2. #12
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Humour me please By being so focused on reality you in a sense boxing yourself in via tunnel vision .. Reality is more than that, what we see, what we don't, possibilities, intuition etc

    In a SxJ world, who would be producing the theories??? Actually don't answer that

    I was watching a programme on discovery yesterday about the universe and the theoretical physicist were rambling away and they are only theorising until conclusive edivence shows otherwise. There will always be someone who is able to find a new approach.

    Now i understand in a concrete world of an SxJ 'what if's' are not really relevant to an extent .. But in reality nothing really is concrete.
    The aim of this discussion is a concrete truth. Abstractions, predictions, speculation all are things created by people to lead them toward a concrete truth. The questions in this thread surround a subject that has a concrete truth. That truth can be anything. We can like it, or not like it, but it will be the truth.

    Being defined as boxed into reality is in itself subjective. This is entirely dependent on your perception of reality. Is reality what you experience each day? Can reality be an intricately designed system with the beings inside of it not fully understanding the potential and boundaries of it? Humans are intellectually inferior. We can barely understand the true depths of time, space, and dimensions.


  3. #13
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Hopefully i am being comprehensible here. I am not good at formulating abstractions.
    Yeah, you're making sense. But that's why I don't like most discussions like this: in my case (maybe not in all cases), the last word ends up being: "We're all subjective, nothing is pure fact, none of this is observable, this is all based on emotion, so let's agree to disagree."

    And saslou - you're right that it's not about winning. But my opinions on life and its meaning and its beginning/end are so personal, and something that I feel like I can only work out on my own (Fi, anyone? lol), that it feels like an argument in the end.

    Wow, pointless post. I'll let you guys get back to your discussion now.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Gerbah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yeah, you're making sense. But that's why I don't like most discussions like this: in my case (maybe not in all cases), the last word ends up being: "We're all subjective, nothing is pure fact, none of this is observable, this is all based on emotion, so let's agree to disagree."

    And saslou - you're right that it's not about winning. But my opinions on life and its meaning and its beginning/end are so personal, and something that I feel like I can only work out on my own (Fi, anyone? lol), that it feels like an argument in the end.

    Wow, pointless post. I'll let you guys get back to your discussion now.
    I think it's subjective in the sense that the process of asking the questions of "Why are we here", etc. is to do with the individual's personal need and recognitions. But I think that an objective truth does exist independently of our subjective perceptions and emotions and people can connect to a greater or lesser extent to these objective truths.

    I may be subjective to whatever degree, and I am also relative. Clearly, the process of the existence of the universe and life, etc. is independent of my subjective opinions and relative existence, so whatever I do, when I die, etc. something independent of me with an objective existence, whether or not I understand it fully, continues to exist. So in that sense, it's not all subjectivity just because my own mind cannot contain it.

    I agree it's something every person has to work out on their own. I just wanted to say that I think it is worth working out and that I disagree that everything comes down to subjectivity in the end.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

  5. #15
    Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    925

    Default

    I'm a Catholic, so the whole point of everything is to get to God.
    Johari Nohari

    "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

  6. #16
    L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    What's the point of a debate over something that you can't really argue rationally about.

    In other words... I think I'm a little too strongly SJ for this thread
    Same for me.

    "An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo



    LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

  7. #17
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    I'm gonna be a stinker and suggest that sas is having a case of tertiary temptation...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #18
    Senior Member ColonelGadaafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I'm gonna be a stinker and suggest that sas is having a case of tertiary temptation...
    No... i will not accept that such heavy questions are limited to some obscure definition coined by some MBTI authors. She is just being a human and asking questions that at some point in life humans pose when their perception of reality changes and explodes into something entirely on a cosmic level.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

  9. #19
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    No... i will not accept that such heavy questions are limited to some obscure definition coined by some MBTI authors. She is just being a human and asking questions that at some point in life humans pose when their perception of reality changes and explodes into something entirely on a cosmic level.
    *pats the Colonel on the head* It's ok, this isn't the first time my meaning has gone over a person's head.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #20
    Senior Member ColonelGadaafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    *pats the Colonel on the head* It's ok, this isn't the first time my meaning has gone over a person's head.
    If that was an attempt at humor, it was worse then a incineration of a tum our.

    Let me tell you something about life, it's god awful and filled with strife, of every kind, sort and type, especially it is filled with intellectual tripe.

    So chastising the stripe less shyte by acting like patronizing elderly knight is not cool and tight, as opposed to the vagina of a lubed up virgin that the colonel had last night.

    "Life is harsh and cold and scarce, so let us all be friends or suffer the colonels might", said the crescent adorned peasant.

    Argossian ninjas stealthily creeping in admist of night, waiting for the command from the colonels hand's, to strike and smite those who would call themselves fashionable knights.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 01:10 PM
  2. What is THE BIGGER PICTURE?
    By Cellmold in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 07:33 AM
  3. Questions regarding the functions, and how they work together (axises)
    By louiesgonnadie in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO