• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] ESFJs and career choices

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
1. I don't relate to Se or Ni. At all.

2. I relate to Ne a lot, I use it a lot when programming or just fooling around. It seems to blend with Si when I notice similarities and differences between things that a lot of people don't seem to understand.

3. I've never felt like Ne was my dominant function. It comes up occasionally, but most of the time I'm using Si to perceive things, that is, how does it fit in with things I have previously experienced.

4. I'm not a perceiver. I make more lists and plan more things than you'd believe. I always have plans and backup plans, but I'm able to plan around people much better than I am at planning around abstract/inanimate things. I'm not an ENTP, I have too much Fe and too little Ne. It's there, obviously, it's just not dominant.

[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] I said I was being facetious~~
:alttongue: my apologies

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
1. I don't relate to Se or Ni. At all.

2. I relate to Ne a lot, I use it a lot when programming or just fooling around. It seems to blend with Si when I notice similarities and differences between things that a lot of people don't seem to understand.

3. I've never felt like Ne was my dominant function. It comes up occasionally, but most of the time I'm using Si to perceive things, that is, how does it fit in with things I have previously experienced.

4. I'm not a perceiver. I make more lists and plan more things than you'd believe. I always have plans and backup plans, but I'm able to plan around people much better than I am at planning around abstract/inanimate things. I'm not an ENTP, I have too much Fe and too little Ne. It's there, obviously, it's just not dominant.

[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] I said I was being facetious~~

Interesting

Qre:us

ESFJ best friend - PhD in Health Economics. Is an University professor and senior researcher at a think tank.

^ she should not be considered an outlier for ESFJs. Her preference may not be to use Ti compared to other fx, but her ability in wielding it is extraordinary. Just because someone is in a career that seems like an uncommon choice for that type, does not mean they are incorrectly typed.

Type makes no commentary on intelligence, skills or abilities.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
More like inner INTP that popped out on demand at work.

Something like that, but I feel like it's been growing in me since I played all those computer games when I was a teenager. It's like a drive to succeed more than anything, my path to success just happens to be technical.