• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] ESFJs and career choices

milkbone

Hello, all. I've never officially taken the MBTI, but after reading the descriptions of all of the types I would peg myself as an ESFJ.

I'm thinking about what direction I want to take my career and I'm trying to discover what jobs will allow me to make the most use of my
personality traits (among many other things). Curious what other ESFJs are doing with their lives and how they are enjoying their
chosen or past professions?

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm currently working as the helpdesk for a community college. I am really good with troubleshooting and love helping people... So this is a good fit for me while I finish up my schooling. Ultimately I'd like to get into counseling. Preferably working in a school and not in a college.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Service industries, office management, health care, ministries, customer service. Anything that involves dealing with people and problem-solving.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I've worked as a retail supervisor, a customer service administrator (banking) and am currently an information, advice and guidance worker (careers advisor).

I would like to get into a management position and it will happen in due course.

If i could give it a go i would like to work in the stocks/shares environment but don't think i could handle the stress .. I used to enjoy watching the fluctuations in the £ Vs $ .. Sad but really interesting.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am currently studying psychology in hopes of becoming a Counselor/Social Worker of some sorts. I have also worked retail, and for the most part really enjoyed that. I definitely wouldn't want to do it forever though.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I am currently studying psychology in hopes of becoming a Counselor/Social Worker of some sorts. I have also worked retail, and for the most part really enjoyed that. I definitely wouldn't want to do it forever though.
Showbread! We're twins. ESFJs. 2s. so/sx's. Psychology for me too.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Showbread! We're twins. ESFJs. 2s. so/sx's. Psychology for me too.

That's awesome! I might be a 3 wing too, I'm not sure. I feel equally drawn to both 1 and 3... Cinderella is also my favorite classic Disney princess. :)

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
That's awesome! I might be a 3 wing too, I'm not sure. I feel equally drawn to both 1 and 3... Cinderella is also my favorite classic Disney princess. :)
We're the same person! And I'm also really close on S and N, which is think is what you mean by the lowercase 's' under your avi.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Web developer. I like helping people and all, just not in a way that requires me to talk to them or anything. Plus I like money.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Sales, public relations, nursing, doctor, medical assistant, counselor, teacher, etc.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Web developer. I like helping people and all, just not in a way that requires me to talk to them or anything. Plus I like money.

What kind of ESFJ are you? You sound mis-typed.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not mistyped, though I'm being a bit facetious

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Stereotypes are tough to break

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm not mistyped, though I'm being a bit facetious

I know, right? That's what I was thinking too.

Here's why I think that Haven might be mistyped...

1. The man seems to be extremely money motivated, and ESFJ's almost never are.

2. The man is a web developer and most people that are inferior Ti suck at that.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Here's why I think that Haven might be mistyped...

1. The man seems to be extremely money motivated, and ESFJ's almost never are.

2. The man is a web developer and most people that are inferior Ti suck at that.
I know ESFJs who are money motivated. But I don't know ESFJs who don't want to talk to people.