123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default SJs and cleaning

How important is it to you that your significant other cleans?

If you left for the day and returned to the surprise of your entire house being scrubbed top-to-bottom and perfectly organized by your significant other, would you get all emotional about it (whether you admitted it or not)?

How would you feel if you lived with a significant other who didn't ever clean and was comfortable living in clutter?

Would you mind being the only one to pick up around the house or would this begin to wear at you over time?

Does watching your significant other clean get you all hot and bothered?

Do you have a thing for Naughty French Maid outfits because of the obvious association with cleaning?

Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Only as important as what we've agreed upon.

If you left for the day and returned to the surprise of your entire house being scrubbed top-to-bottom and perfectly organized by your significant other, would you get all emotional about it (whether you admitted it or not)?
    Yes, I would be pretty happy about it.
    How would you feel if you lived with a significant other who didn't ever clean and was comfortable living in clutter?
    Hmm... I think that would bother me and I'd probably ask if I could declutter the space and if they said no then I'd just learn how to ignore it (I have done this before).

Would you mind being the only one to pick up around the house or would this begin to wear at you over time?
    If we agreed to this then no it would not bother me. If we didn't agree to this then yes it would bother me.

lol I don't think so but I'd probably get hot and bothered if my SO was fixing/repairing things around the house.

Do you have a thing for Naughty French Maid outfits because of the obvious association with cleaning?
    Yes.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I prefer there be a sense of equality - she does A, I do B, she does C, I do D, etc...

Although, I'm fully expecting to end up doing the larger share I'll also admit that, except when it comes to the kitchen, I can be kind of messy myself. Not dirty, mind you, but cluttery.

Yes I would. I would spend the rest of the evening devoted to her so doing something that incredibly sweet and thoughtful

It would annoy me not only because of the mess but because I know that I'll eventually end up nagging at her all the time and I'll get upset with myself for becoming one of those people that nag

All that being said, it would also depend on WHY she never cleaned up. If she was one of those artist/scientist types who sealed themselves away to throw themselves into their work, then I would get an odd sort of glee in picking up after them and waiting on them as it would then make me feel like the dotting husband in the relationship who's caring for his soon-to-be-famous wife

Wear over time. As I said before, I imagine I'm going to end up being the one to do the larger share but she does need to pitch in a little (except for of course the reason I gave above)

YES. Oh the things I think about as I watch her dusting or vacuuming.....

Among other reasons, an emphatic yes. If she throws in a German accent, then I'm toast: I am officially wrapped around her finger for the rest of the evening
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Long post, etc.
    Okay, that's it. Scott, I don't know why you're pretending to be Tinker, but it's starting to get really surreal and creepy.

If you indeed are not Scott and there exists a Scott clone out there, I demand you come to California and get naked with me immediately.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

So, would you agree that it's not the clutter that would bother you so much as it is the fact that your significant other "broke the rules" by not pitching in as you thought was the agreement?

I'm just trying to get some idea of the motivation behind SJs being so preoccupied with cleaning, I'm positive there's more to it than just wanting a pretty living space. ^_^

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

A lot. I would be delighted to find a SO with enough time on his schedule to clean, because I can do so only in the weekends.

If getting emotional is rewarding him with his favourite meal, or a body massage, I would.

I can´t see myself living with someone like that.

It will surely begin to wear me over time. Having no time to do it means more things to clean when I am able to do so.

No. For me, it is something that has to be done, not a prelude to sex.

No.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I will answer with ideas expressed by my pet ISTJ, since he is not a member here

he doesn't want to have to do all of the cleaning, so I suppose it's fairly important that I pull my own weight in that area

Last time I cleaned the house from top to bottom and shampooed the carpets and everything as a surprise he was so happy that he took me out to dinner and doted on me all evening long

I've heard that he's broken up with people for being too slobby... he fears germs

see above...

If he sees me cleaning, he usually can't keep his hands off me for a while and then helps out with the cleaning himself... that might mean yes

I always thought he liked french maid outfits because they showed boobs!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Okay, that's it. Scott, I don't know why you're pretending to be Tinker, but it's starting to get really surreal and creepy.

If you indeed are not Scott and there exists a Scott clone out there, I demand you come to California and get naked with me immediately.

:blushing:

:redface:

Oh wow...do I really resemble your ISFJ that much? Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad to know that I remind you of someone who has really desirable qualities to you. It's always nice to know that there are women out there who appreciate guys like me

Sadly, I am not Scott nor am I a clone. I've seen pictures of Scott on your profile and I look *nothing* like him I'm afraid. Thank you though for your comments, it definately made my morning

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure
    So, would you agree that it's not the clutter that would bother you so much as it is the fact that your significant other "broke the rules" by not pitching in as you thought was the agreement?

I'm just trying to get some idea of the motivation behind SJs being so preoccupied with cleaning, I'm positive there's more to it than just wanting a pretty living space. ^_^
    There is.

There is some truth to the idea of her having "broke the rules" as a clean house is something that just needs to get done. That being said, for me anyway, a clean house is pleasant for me as I find a clean house to not only to me aesthetically pleasing, but also emotionally pleasing as well. A clean house gives me a sense of a organization, safety, and comfort. Also, I consider it a 'duty' of sorts that when my SO comes home from a stressful day that she knows that she can come home to a clean house that smells nice

All that being said, as I stated before, my apartment usually has a lot of clutter around here and there. Most of that is because I work a lot and am usually too tired to get some cleaning done and some of it is just because I live alone, there isn't any feeling of a "need" to be 100% cleaned up.

That of course changes dramatically if I'm expecting company
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

It's pretty important. They don't have to be OCD like me but not lazy either.

I wouldn't get emotional, I would simply say "It's about fucking time."

Stressed

It definitely wears at me over time.

No, but if naked probably.

No.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    There is some truth to the idea of her having "broke the rules" as a clean house is something that just needs to get done. That being said, for me anyway, a clean house is pleasant for me as I find a clean house to not only to me aesthetically pleasing, but also emotionally pleasing as well. A clean house gives me a sense of a organization, safety, and comfort. Also, I consider it a 'duty' of sorts that when my SO comes home from a stressful day that she knows that she can come home to a clean house that smells nice

I don't believe you that you're not Scott. I'm checking for birthmarks. GET NEKKID.