• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs and cleaning

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How important is it to you that your significant other cleans?

If you left for the day and returned to the surprise of your entire house being scrubbed top-to-bottom and perfectly organized by your significant other, would you get all emotional about it (whether you admitted it or not)?

How would you feel if you lived with a significant other who didn't ever clean and was comfortable living in clutter?

Would you mind being the only one to pick up around the house or would this begin to wear at you over time?

Does watching your significant other clean get you all hot and bothered?

Do you have a thing for Naughty French Maid outfits because of the obvious association with cleaning?

:thinking:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Only as important as what we've agreed upon.

If you left for the day and returned to the surprise of your entire house being scrubbed top-to-bottom and perfectly organized by your significant other, would you get all emotional about it (whether you admitted it or not)?

Yes, I would be pretty happy about it.
How would you feel if you lived with a significant other who didn't ever clean and was comfortable living in clutter?

Hmm... I think that would bother me and I'd probably ask if I could declutter the space and if they said no then I'd just learn how to ignore it (I have done this before).

Would you mind being the only one to pick up around the house or would this begin to wear at you over time?

If we agreed to this then no it would not bother me. If we didn't agree to this then yes it would bother me.

lol I don't think so but I'd probably get hot and bothered if my SO was fixing/repairing things around the house.

Do you have a thing for Naughty French Maid outfits because of the obvious association with cleaning?

Yes. :devil::D

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I prefer there be a sense of equality - she does A, I do B, she does C, I do D, etc...

Although, I'm fully expecting to end up doing the larger share ;) I'll also admit that, except when it comes to the kitchen, I can be kind of messy myself. Not dirty, mind you, but cluttery.

Yes I would. I would spend the rest of the evening devoted to her so doing something that incredibly sweet and thoughtful :wubbie:

It would annoy me not only because of the mess but because I know that I'll eventually end up nagging at her all the time and I'll get upset with myself for becoming one of those people that nag :cry:

All that being said, it would also depend on WHY she never cleaned up. If she was one of those artist/scientist types who sealed themselves away to throw themselves into their work, then I would get an odd sort of glee in picking up after them and waiting on them as it would then make me feel like the dotting husband in the relationship who's caring for his soon-to-be-famous wife :wubbie:

Wear over time. As I said before, I imagine I'm going to end up being the one to do the larger share but she does need to pitch in a little (except for of course the reason I gave above)

YES. Oh the things I think about as I watch her dusting or vacuuming.....:devil:

Among other reasons, an emphatic yes. If she throws in a German accent, then I'm toast: I am officially wrapped around her finger for the rest of the evening :yes:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Long post, etc.

Okay, that's it. Scott, I don't know why you're pretending to be Tinker, but it's starting to get really surreal and creepy.

If you indeed are not Scott and there exists a Scott clone out there, I demand you come to California and get naked with me immediately. :devil:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, would you agree that it's not the clutter that would bother you so much as it is the fact that your significant other "broke the rules" by not pitching in as you thought was the agreement?

I'm just trying to get some idea of the motivation behind SJs being so preoccupied with cleaning, I'm positive there's more to it than just wanting a pretty living space. ^_^

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9

A lot. I would be delighted to find a SO with enough time on his schedule to clean, because I can do so only in the weekends.

If getting emotional is rewarding him with his favourite meal, or a body massage, I would.

I can´t see myself living with someone like that.

It will surely begin to wear me over time. Having no time to do it means more things to clean when I am able to do so.

No. For me, it is something that has to be done, not a prelude to sex.

Do you have a thing for Naughty French Maid outfits because of the obvious association with cleaning? :thinking:

No.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I will answer with ideas expressed by my pet ISTJ, since he is not a member here :laugh:

he doesn't want to have to do all of the cleaning, so I suppose it's fairly important that I pull my own weight in that area :)

Last time I cleaned the house from top to bottom and shampooed the carpets and everything as a surprise he was so happy that he took me out to dinner and doted on me all evening long :laugh:

I've heard that he's broken up with people for being too slobby... he fears germs :yes:

see above...

If he sees me cleaning, he usually can't keep his hands off me for a while and then helps out with the cleaning himself... that might mean yes :dry:

I always thought he liked french maid outfits because they showed boobs! :holy:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, that's it. Scott, I don't know why you're pretending to be Tinker, but it's starting to get really surreal and creepy.

If you indeed are not Scott and there exists a Scott clone out there, I demand you come to California and get naked with me immediately. :devil:

:shocking:

:blushing:

:redface:

Oh wow...do I really resemble your ISFJ that much? Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad to know that I remind you of someone who has really desirable qualities to you. It's always nice to know that there are women out there who appreciate guys like me :wubbie:

Sadly, I am not Scott nor am I a clone. I've seen pictures of Scott on your profile and I look *nothing* like him I'm afraid. Thank you though for your comments, it definately made my morning :D :hug:

Pettycure said:
So, would you agree that it's not the clutter that would bother you so much as it is the fact that your significant other "broke the rules" by not pitching in as you thought was the agreement?

I'm just trying to get some idea of the motivation behind SJs being so preoccupied with cleaning, I'm positive there's more to it than just wanting a pretty living space. ^_^

There is.

There is some truth to the idea of her having "broke the rules" as a clean house is something that just needs to get done. That being said, for me anyway, a clean house is pleasant for me as I find a clean house to not only to me aesthetically pleasing, but also emotionally pleasing as well. A clean house gives me a sense of a organization, safety, and comfort. Also, I consider it a 'duty' of sorts that when my SO comes home from a stressful day that she knows that she can come home to a clean house that smells nice :)

All that being said, as I stated before, my apartment usually has a lot of clutter around here and there. Most of that is because I work a lot and am usually too tired to get some cleaning done and some of it is just because I live alone, there isn't any feeling of a "need" to be 100% cleaned up.

That of course changes dramatically if I'm expecting company :yes:

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1

It's pretty important. They don't have to be OCD like me but not lazy either.

I wouldn't get emotional, I would simply say "It's about fucking time."

Stressed

It definitely wears at me over time.

No, but if naked probably.

No.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is some truth to the idea of her having "broke the rules" as a clean house is something that just needs to get done. That being said, for me anyway, a clean house is pleasant for me as I find a clean house to not only to me aesthetically pleasing, but also emotionally pleasing as well. A clean house gives me a sense of a organization, safety, and comfort. Also, I consider it a 'duty' of sorts that when my SO comes home from a stressful day that she knows that she can come home to a clean house that smells nice :)

:thelook:

I don't believe you that you're not Scott. I'm checking for birthmarks. GET NEKKID. :happy2:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't believe you that you're not Scott. I'm checking for birthmarks. GET NEKKID. :happy2:

You mean to tell me he told you the same thing!?

Wow, that is eerie :shock:

Oh...and I don't have any birthmarks ;)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I dunno, tbh, if I felt really appreciated I'd probably do it all without ever complaining. :yes:

The only time I'd get upset is if I felt like my SO was ignoring me or taking me for granted. Also, if I just don't have the time due to other obligations, then I would be more upset about them "breaking the rules".

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's VERY important that they clean. Not important that they clean a lot, but VERY important that they clean at least some. Because if I'm the only one in the house that's cleaning, there will come a day when I give my SO an ultimatum. And who knows, if they don't follow through for a long time, the relationship could end. Because feeling like you give and give and never get any help is a terrible feeling, even when the giving is organizational. Believe it or not, I knew an ESFP/ENFJ relationship that ended almost entirely because the ESFP was a terrible slob. Not exaggerating.

And that answer was too long...

There would be lots of ooh-ing and ah-ing, and the occasional "Oh my god this is amazing! Nice work!" And then possibly "You deserve a reward for this! I'm taking you out to dinner!" :D But I wouldn't get emotional, per se.
Horrible. See the answer to the first question. Though "clutter" is subjective. If they just had some stacks somewhere, that's fine. But when things start to look abnormally bad, and/or when people are constantly tripping over things, THAT'S where I really draw the line.
Again, see the answer to question 1. I refuse to act like a mother to my SO. It would hardly take any time at all for that to wear at me.
It actually makes me motivated to clean...

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm the oddball here.... I don't like cleaning... It's like once every month or so clutter will finally get to me and I won't just clean I'll completely rearrange. So I move furniture and vacuum and pitch things that I haven't touched for over a month. I guess it's a good thing since my in-laws house looks like a bomb went off inside... Suppose that has something to do with having some of the kids still living there and babysitting the five nieces and nephews frequently. :horor:

I don't like clutter in living areas though... If any room is going to be cluttered, it's going to be a bedroom where I can close the door and hide the mess....

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

If you helped create the mess then you can help clean it up .. Simple.

Hell yeah .. Means i don't have to do it :D

It's pissed me off in the past.

It's respect at the end of the day .. We're supposed to be a team, i am not your mother so clean your mess up after you.

Depends on what he's wearing

No but I'm game. Can i wear my 4 inch heels also :devil:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

I'm now getting hot and bothered thinking about it.

If all he's wearing is some tight boxers which defines his cute little peachy ass, then i'm paying attention and not to the cleaning. As he is hoovering the floor and you can see the muscles in his back tensing and relaxing, those beautiful outward curves that need some attention. He's cleaning down the counters and his biceps are slightly bulging and if you are lucky enough to see that 'V', side of his groin just inside his hip bones, oh yeah baby .. You're going to get some very positive attention from me.

Whoever thought cleaning could be such a turn-on.

Time for a cold shower :devil:

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3

Very. I love to clean/organize, that's no secret. But I can't have a partner that will just laze around in the house day after day, not lifting a finger. If you're not a clean-freak? That's fine. But don't expect me to do all the dusting/vacuuming/tidying/dishes/laundry myself. I want someone that's not afraid to help me out and that will meet me half way with his share of the chores. :yes:

I wouldn't get emotional in the sense that I'd open the door and burst into tears or anything like that, but I would most definitely be surprised and appreciative of the hard work and effort he put in. I'd probably repay him by taking him out for dinner or something nice.

Never again. I was so depressed. In the beginning I often cleaned/organized his room, we even shuffled furniture, restored dressers (he was living out of plastic bins) put in shelving to help with organization and get the mess off the floor, yardsaled a bunch of junk he didn't even want anymore to make room, cleaned out both disgusting fridges - but I got so tired of it. It was clear that he was comfortable living with the mess, and I couldn't keep up with constantly being surrounded with it. So I gave up.

I think the above experience proves that it would not only wear on me, but depress me and cause me to be severely unhappy with my standard of living.

You know - I didn't think so? But a certain picture taken lately definitely has me thinking otherwise =^_^= <3

Nope, I just think the white/black combination is flattering on virtually anyone, and I like costumes that show a lot of leg. Thigh high stockings are love <3

HezCoz524

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Speaking from personal experience, I almost never give my significant other the chance to clean. If there are dirty dishes, clutter, etc. especially in a space I use a lot, I will usually just clean it up.

I wouldn't be opposed to him cleaning, I just like the control of knowing it'll be done the way I like it because I'm doing it.

One time actually, a good friend of mine cleaned my apartment as a surprise and I was more shocked and confused than grateful!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I will answer with ideas expressed by my pet ISTJ, since he is not a member here :laugh:

he doesn't want to have to do all of the cleaning, so I suppose it's fairly important that I pull my own weight in that area :)

Last time I cleaned the house from top to bottom and shampooed the carpets and everything as a surprise he was so happy that he took me out to dinner and doted on me all evening long :laugh:

I've heard that he's broken up with people for being too slobby... he fears germs :yes:

see above...

If he sees me cleaning, he usually can't keep his hands off me for a while and then helps out with the cleaning himself... that might mean yes :dry:

I always thought he liked french maid outfits because they showed boobs! :holy:
I move to Stepford. :smile: